AGM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: AGM

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Darlogramps wrote:But this is the thing for me. I understand why some people want to give him time, and I agree we're most likely stuck with him at least until the end of the season.

But if he doesn't turn things around, at what point do we say enough is enough?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
How long is his contract? Was it two years?

I wonder if any break clauses are included relating to performance - ie the club can terminate the contract if we are relegated.

Not for us to know, and perhaps not something that was considered a possibility at the time.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Spyman wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:But this is the thing for me. I understand why some people want to give him time, and I agree we're most likely stuck with him at least until the end of the season.

I wonder if any break clauses are included relating to performance - ie the club can terminate the contract if we are relegated.

Not for us to know, and perhaps not something that was considered a possibility at the time.
For gods sake you 2 give it a break, enough is enough.Getting ridiculous,boring and repetitive.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:49 pm

I don't think the board will unless we lose the battle easily and the fans completely lose the faith rather than winning a few and dragging the battle out. At the moment we are just about in a fight and not cast adrift, so I think he will continue until at least the end of this season.

He may even stay if we are relegated depending on how that occurs, did we battle to 46 points and go down last game for example then he may stay, did we get relegated on 30 points then he would have to go.

Either way I think it's Tommy to that end point, so we may as well get on with it.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

For gods sake you 2 give it a break, enough is enough.Getting ridiculous,boring and repetitive.

Ron you're being ridiculous, boring and repetitive in telling people to shut up. You've said it three times and it's not worked.

Either engage with us and tell us why we're wrong or ignore us.

If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:It was mentioned at the fans forum that the playing budget was 334k which had been reduced down to 284k.

If you think about it, that 284k includes the 42k boost the budget, so I'd imagine that we'll run a similar scheme next year to top up that 225k - 60k should do it.

I'm happy to continue paying into boost the budget now I know it's not getting spunked away by a manager always wanting more, and now I know we're looking to operate with a realistic budget base line.

The rest as they say, is up to us.
No, you'd just be paying into it for a manager with a woeful record to spunk it on former Nuneaton players.

This is going to be the problem with Boost the Budget this year I feel. TW needs to have a good end of season for people to be confident enough to contribute. If we just squeak survival, obviously that will be good to a point, but if people feel that TW isn't going to be a success long term, then less will contribute to the BTB. That's why the MG one only raised half. Plenty of folks wouldn't put in after the Fans Foeum.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 pm

I'll ignore these posts.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:05 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
AndyPark wrote:Get a life mate, your patter is boring.
From the guy who chooses abuse over debate, I'm not exactly bothered.

I'd say your defending of chants about paedophilia and misogyny is weird, cowardly and unacceptable (I'm being diplomatic).

I'd take boring over cowardly and abusive any day of the week.
I'm happy to debate Gramps. How are you going to get TW out of the club seen as though you want him sacked.

I understand the reasons for wanting him sacked (I'm happy to give more time at the moment), but how are you going to sack him, with what money. I therefore think repeating the same thing is pretty fruitless. Just my opinion though
Sorry that's a strawman argument. As a fan, I can't sack Tommy Wright. In the same way I couldn't sack Colin Todd or Steve Staunton. David Johnston is the man who'll ultimately decide that.

But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say I don't think he should have been appointed as our manager. Or that I think he's doing a terrible job.

To say, we can't afford to sack him, therefore you should stop saying it (which is what you've just said) again misses the point. I also don't believe it's as impossible as you're making out. Yes we don't have money, but if you're telling me DJ will continue for months on end with a failing manager without working out some sort of solution, I'd say you're being silly. If Wright continues to struggle, there'll be a way of him leaving.

But if we can't afford to sack someone with such a bad record, that's a damning indictment on the process to appoint him. We couldn't afford to get it wrong, but at this moment, it looks like we have and you're saying we can't do anything about it except cross our fingers and hope. And you expect me not to be critical of that?

We made a bad mistake in appointing someone with such a terrible record at this level. I don't think he'll turn it around - nothing in the three months he's been in charge, or in his record as manager, says to me he will. Even the supposed improvement is massively underwhelming.

And while people continue say they think he's improving the team and will keep us up, I'm entitled to disagree with them and say he's not and will take us down.
I think Wright will be here long enough to prove you right or wrong on whether he was the correct appointment.

He wasn't my choice either, I like the guy says the right things, seems to understand the club and the financial position, I really want him to turn it around and do well. I would even go as far to say I can see what he is doing in the signings he has been making.

However results are most often the be all and end all in this game, at the moment we aren't getting them. I have accepted the board won't change the manager and will give him time to either turn it around or relegate us, for that reason I will support him (I have little choice and I want him to get it right) but his formations/selections often make me wonder why.

This is the biggest concern for me.The players are obviously struggling but even today he talked about the lad we signed from Harrogate being able to play in his system. Hope it does not mean hes going to be stubborn.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 pm

Well why sign a wing back if you are going to go back on your plan to play wing backs?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:16 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Excuse me?

It was a genuine question.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

TheDenverMan
Team Supported: N/A

Post by TheDenverMan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:06 am

ah preparing for relegation already? :D :) :D :D :D :D :D
KOOOOOONICHIWA