AGM

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

strangetown
Team Supported: Darlington

AGM

Post by strangetown » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:18 pm

Just back,
Rent for BM £60,000 a year
Downstairs bar on match day 10% of bar taking more upstairs
MG players budget was £334,000
DJ hopes to have rid of creditors debt by end of Feb
Other creditors are two supporters who loaned the club £57,000
DJ wants to set players budget at £225,000 next season unless there an upturn in revenue or investment
In all the future for the club looks a lot better and healthier financially and maybe we are going to live within our means for once

super_les_mcjannet

Re: AGM

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 pm

60k a year is a hell of a rent for the Rugby Club we were paying about 20k at Bishop, I suppose revenues have gone up quite a bit with the move back.

Johnston seems to have a good handle on finances, we really need Wright to get some wins and continue the balancing of the books with the squad.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:26 pm

As far as I’m aware the £60K isn’t all rent - that is total cost to use the facility and includes costs that we make revenue off the back of including purchasing the food for our hospitality guests that we then make a profit on.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:32 pm

divas wrote:As far as I’m aware the £60K isn’t all rent - that is total cost to use the facility and includes costs that we make revenue off the back of including purchasing the food for our hospitality guests that we then make a profit on.
Car Park costs as well or do Rugby Club get this straight away?

divas

Post by divas » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:41 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
divas wrote:As far as I’m aware the £60K isn’t all rent - that is total cost to use the facility and includes costs that we make revenue off the back of including purchasing the food for our hospitality guests that we then make a profit on.
Car Park costs as well or do Rugby Club get this straight away?
Yes that will be in there too.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:54 pm

That's quite a cut in the playing budget. Was there any mention of how much the playing budget has been cut since Gray left?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:23 am

It was mentioned at the fans forum that the playing budget was 334k which had been reduced down to 284k.

If you think about it, that 284k includes the 42k boost the budget, so I'd imagine that we'll run a similar scheme next year to top up that 225k - 60k should do it.

I'm happy to continue paying into boost the budget now I know it's not getting spunked away by a manager always wanting more, and now I know we're looking to operate with a realistic budget base line.

The rest as they say, is up to us.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 am

Quakerz wrote:It was mentioned at the fans forum that the playing budget was 334k which had been reduced down to 284k.

If you think about it, that 284k includes the 42k boost the budget, so I'd imagine that we'll run a similar scheme next year to top up that 225k - 60k should do it.

I'm happy to continue paying into boost the budget now I know it's not getting spunked away by a manager always wanting more, and now I know we're looking to operate with a realistic budget base line.

No, you'd just be paying into it for a manager with a woeful record to spunk it on former Nuneaton players.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 am

At 30/6/17 there was £255,000 of debt due in less than one year. I wonder how we have managed to get rid of most of that (presumably down to normal trading levels) by the end of February. I can only think of the £60,000 money from the 500 Club as exceptional income towards it.

Robbie Painter

Post by Robbie Painter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:13 am

wizardofos wrote:At 30/6/17 there was £255,000 of debt due in less than one year. I wonder how we have managed to get rid of most of that (presumably down to normal trading levels) by the end of February. I can only think of the £60,000 money from the 500 Club as exceptional income towards it.
£109k of that was made up of 500 Club & season ticket liabilities. Another large chunk was due for stand & pitch development. The rest is trade creditors.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Quakerz wrote:It was mentioned at the fans forum that the playing budget was 334k which had been reduced down to 284k.

No, you'd just be paying into it for a manager with a woeful record to spunk it on former Nuneaton players.
Fucking hell, will you give it a rest.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:06 am

AndyPark wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Fucking hell, will you give it a rest man!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:32 am

Darlogramps, for gods sake ease off man, I think we all know your feelings but you are getting boring now.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 am

Gramps does seem to have a personal vendetta against TW.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:26 am

Yep same

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Darlogramps, for gods sake ease off man, I think we all know your feelings but you are getting boring now.

Bit like you repeatedly saying we have problems with the defensive formation and needing to sign someone.

Ron, I hardly think Tommy is sat at home in Leicestershire crying into his cornflakes over a couple of posts by me.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gramps does seem to have a personal vendetta against TW.
Grow up Pete. At least I'm not blaming our problems on one young striker.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:13 am

AndyPark wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Fucking hell, will you give it a rest man!
Nice intelligent reply Andy. Completely befitting of you actually. Perhaps next time you'll think of a decent counter argument.

Or maybe you'll just swear and tell me to shut up.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:31 am

I’ll go with the latter, fuck off.

Same crap spouted every other day from you. We get it, you don’t particularly like TW in charge. Zzzzzz

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:23 am

AndyPark wrote:I’ll go with the latter, fuck off.

Same crap spouted every other day from you. We get it, you don’t particularly like TW in charge. Zzzzzz
Perhaps if I resorted to abusing people and defending people who make chants based on misogyny and paedophilia, you'd find it more agreeable.

I have an opinion, and on a forum, if people post something I disagree with, I can bring that to discussion. It's sort of how this freedom of speech thing works. If you don't like it, I'd suggest this forum isn't the place for you.

But I'm loving the complexities of your well-thought through, detailed, intellectual arguments. Really enlightening.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:25 am

Get a life mate, your patter is boring.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:36 am

AndyPark wrote:Get a life mate, your patter is boring.
From the guy who chooses abuse over debate, I'm not exactly bothered.

I'd say your defending of chants about paedophilia and misogyny is weird, cowardly and unacceptable (I'm being diplomatic).

I'd take boring over cowardly and abusive any day of the week.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:01 pm

Gramps, what is misogyny, honestly never heard that word before and will be surprised if Andy has.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 pm

He’s implying that I have some kind of hatred against women. Unless it stands for something else.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:29 pm

Darlogramps wrote:

I'd say your defending of chants about paedophilia and misogyny is weird, cowardly and unacceptable (I'm being diplomatic).

I'm happy to debate Gramps. How are you going to get TW out of the club seen as though you want him sacked.

I understand the reasons for wanting him sacked (I'm happy to give more time at the moment), but how are you going to sack him, with what money. I therefore think repeating the same thing is pretty fruitless. Just my opinion though

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Gramps, what is misogyny, honestly never heard that word before and will be surprised if Andy has.

Misogyny - A dislike or prejudice against women. Basically it refers to demeaning or belittling women on the basis of the gender. "Get your tits out" - that kind of thing.

I'm not saying Andy himself is misogynistic, but a quick search finds he's quite happy to defend his mates, who've made chants about paedophilia or misogynistic comments towards females at games. Andy thinks it's all just banter and a bit of a laugh.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:40 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I'm happy to debate Gramps. How are you going to get TW out of the club seen as though you want him sacked.

I understand the reasons for wanting him sacked (I'm happy to give more time at the moment), but how are you going to sack him, with what money. I therefore think repeating the same thing is pretty fruitless. Just my opinion though
Sorry that's a strawman argument. As a fan, I can't sack Tommy Wright. In the same way I couldn't sack Colin Todd or Steve Staunton. David Johnston is the man who'll ultimately decide that.

But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say I don't think he should have been appointed as our manager. Or that I think he's doing a terrible job.

To say, we can't afford to sack him, therefore you should stop saying it (which is what you've just said) again misses the point. I also don't believe it's as impossible as you're making out. Yes we don't have money, but if you're telling me DJ will continue for months on end with a failing manager without working out some sort of solution, I'd say you're being silly. If Wright continues to struggle, there'll be a way of him leaving.

But if we can't afford to sack someone with such a bad record, that's a damning indictment on the process to appoint him. We couldn't afford to get it wrong, but at this moment, it looks like we have and you're saying we can't do anything about it except cross our fingers and hope. And you expect me not to be critical of that?

We made a bad mistake in appointing someone with such a terrible record at this level. I don't think he'll turn it around - nothing in the three months he's been in charge, or in his record as manager, says to me he will. Even the supposed improvement is massively underwhelming.

And while people continue say they think he's improving the team and will keep us up, I'm entitled to disagree with them and say he's not and will take us down.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

I think we all know the money isn't there to pay up Wright's contract.

However sometimes you have to take a calculated risk - is it going to be more expensive in the long-term to get relegated with Wright in charge than it is to pay him off now and recruit someone who keeps us up?

Unfortunately without a time machine you'll never know one way or the other which would work out more expensive.

It's been mentioned before, but if Wright cares for the club as much as he says, at some point (assuming there's not a swift uup-turn in results) he's got to realise that he's doing a bad job and should walk away without a pay-off.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:03 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:

Sorry that's a strawman argument. As a fan, I can't sack Tommy Wright. In the same way I couldn't sack Colin Todd or Steve Staunton. David Johnston is the man who'll ultimately decide that.

But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to say I don't think he should have been appointed as our manager. Or that I think he's doing a terrible job.

To say, we can't afford to sack him, therefore you should stop saying it (which is what you've just said) again misses the point. I also don't believe it's as impossible as you're making out. Yes we don't have money, but if you're telling me DJ will continue for months on end with a failing manager without working out some sort of solution, I'd say you're being silly. If Wright continues to struggle, there'll be a way of him leaving.

But if we can't afford to sack someone with such a bad record, that's a damning indictment on the process to appoint him. We couldn't afford to get it wrong, but at this moment, it looks like we have and you're saying we can't do anything about it except cross our fingers and hope. And you expect me not to be critical of that?

We made a bad mistake in appointing someone with such a terrible record at this level. I don't think he'll turn it around - nothing in the three months he's been in charge, or in his record as manager, says to me he will. Even the supposed improvement is massively underwhelming.

And while people continue say they think he's improving the team and will keep us up, I'm entitled to disagree with them and say he's not and will take us down.
I think Wright will be here long enough to prove you right or wrong on whether he was the correct appointment.

He wasn't my choice either, I like the guy says the right things, seems to understand the club and the financial position, I really want him to turn it around and do well. I would even go as far to say I can see what he is doing in the signings he has been making.

However results are most often the be all and end all in this game, at the moment we aren't getting them. I have accepted the board won't change the manager and will give him time to either turn it around or relegate us, for that reason I will support him (I have little choice and I want him to get it right) but his formations/selections often make me wonder why.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:36 pm

But this is the thing for me. I understand why some people want to give him time, and I agree we're most likely stuck with him at least until the end of the season.

But if he doesn't turn things around, at what point do we say enough is enough?