York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: York City

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:York fans getting all excited over the idea of signing Styche, one posting ‘styche will be here next year 80% positive on that’ :lol:
My God I hope there's no truth to this one

super_les_mcjannet
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:00 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:York fans getting all excited over the idea of signing Styche, one posting ‘styche will be here next year 80% positive on that’ :lol:
No truth, contracted and they can't afford the price it would take, also Styche is very happy at Darlo.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:03 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
No truth, contracted and they can't afford the price it would take, also Styche is very happy at Darlo.
Well I know who I'd rather play under

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm

No chance he will leave under his own accord, especially after his latest tweet: What a season thats been! Starting at Tamworth to finishing off with Darlington where I couldn’t be happier!! Surpassing the magic 20 mark and playing with an unreal set of lads and seeing how fans really do make a club! Cant wait for next year! Enjoy the summer!

Love the bloke!!

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Styche left the full-time game to train to be an accountant plus play part-time football. I very much doubt that, at almost 29, he would return.

Biggest concern at the moment is the Galbraith to York rumour which is doing the rounds. Need him to sign that contract.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Styche tweet 20 mins ago, tells you where he is at currently.

https://twitter.com/ReeceStyche/status/ ... 9818207234

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Styche left the full-time game to train to be an accountant plus play part-time football. I very much doubt that, at almost 29, he would return.

Biggest concern at the moment is the Galbraith to York rumour which is doing the rounds. Need him to sign that contract.
Not signing the contract I don't believe was totally down to Galbraith so it wasn't that his head was turned. I reckon he will sign a new contract.

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:11 pm

True DF97. Hopefully he'll see sense but if he's hell bent on playing f/t football for MG then let him go. A centre back is easier to replace than a 20 goal forward.
Last edited by grimsbyquaker on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Styche left the full-time game to train to be an accountant plus play part-time football. I very much doubt that, at almost 29, he would return.

Not signing the contract I don't believe was totally down to Galbraith so it wasn't that his head was turned. I reckon he will sign a new contract.
I really, really hope that you are correct on this one (as you usually are!).

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:23 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

Haha, don't blame me if it goes wrong. At least we know we will find out soon, the fans have done their part by raising the budget to give Tommy the option to keep players he wants to keep.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:25 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:

Haha, don't blame me if it goes wrong. At least we know we will find out soon, the fans have done their part by raising the budget to give Tommy the option to keep players he wants to keep.
Won't hold you to it! Only concern is Gray has made noises, "interested in a left-footed centre-half", "signings lined up but can't announce until contacts have expired on 5th May" etc etc.

Agreed - fans have been brilliant once again.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:28 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
Yep, Styche is in the same boat as Syers and Turnbull in that it actually suits him right now to be part time and at this stage of his career I’d say it’s unlikely he will return to the full time game because he already has one eye on his next career.

Ironically, if we got promoted to the National League and somehow managed to scrape together the money to be full time, we’d lose those three players and they would be three that you would
think could still cut it at that level.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Won't hold you to it! Only concern is Gray has made noises, "interested in a left-footed centre-half", "signings lined up but can't announce until contacts have expired on 5th May" etc etc.

Agreed - fans have been brilliant once again.
Obviously would like to see Tez stay because he has really grown into his centre half position. At first he was classed as a left back filling in at centre back due to an injury crisis, but now we all regard him as one half of our centre back pairing.

If York make him an offer he can’t refuse, I wouldn’t be happy, but at the end of the day the guy has given us 6 of his best years, so I would reluctantly wish him well.

Hopefully it won’t come to that though.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Quakerz wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
Yep, Styche is in the same boat as Syers and Turnbull in that it actually suits him right now to be part time and at this stage of his career I’d say it’s unlikely he will return to the full time game because he already has one eye on his next career.

Ironically, if we got promoted to the National League and somehow managed to scrape together the money to be full time, we’d lose those three players and they would be three that you would
think could still cut it at that level.
I worry about south shields coming after turnbull

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:00 pm

I’m sure Turnbull has at least one more season here. I think there’s a good chance he’ll join Shields season after next once his contract has expired.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:02 pm

I think Chandler is their preferred choice, whether they can tempt him with their vibes is another question.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:08 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:I think Chandler is their preferred choice, whether they can tempt him with their vibes is another question.
What's the vibes per week going rate? About 500 vibes?

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:I think Chandler is their preferred choice, whether they can tempt him with their vibes is another question.
Probably less after Tait single handily destroyed their play off hopes, 350?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:01 am

Darlo_CR wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
Probably less after Tait single handily destroyed their play off hopes, 350?
When do we slip Tait the fat brown envelope for services rendered? :lol:

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:56 am

grimsbyquaker wrote:
The arrogance of some York fans thinking they can just hand pick any Darlo player that they fancy and make the dream move to York City.Who the hell do they think they are that Reece will jump ship for them, probably picking up on all the rubbish being spouted by their increasingly desperate manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:04 am

We moan on about our message board sometimes but theirs and the York Press comments are just full of bile and arrogance. The players bought into this 'We're to good for,this league' rubbish as well. MG is right in one sense - unless he has players who respect the league, York are going nowhere.

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:59 am

They would have to pay six figures for me to even consider any offer.

divas

Post by divas » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 am

Interesting to hear in his latest interview MG is now saying “1 or 2 good players to be signed by Friday” rather than the “3 good players - one left sided defender and 2 x 20 goal a season strikers” that he’d mentioned previously

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:06 am

quakerman wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:York fans getting all excited over the idea of signing Styche, one posting ‘styche will be here next year 80% positive on that’ Image
The arrogance of some York fans thinking they can just hand pick any Darlo player that they fancy and make the dream move to York City.Who the hell do they think they are that Reece will jump ship for them, probably picking up on all the rubbish being spouted by their increasingly desperate manager.

Presumably your attitude is a similar one that Northern League fans had when we were in their division.

And let's be fair, there were some of our fans who thought any Northern League player with ambition would jump at the chance if we came knocking.

It's not too dissimilar to what York are doing now. I don't think it is arrogance. Just simply a belief that a player with full time ambitions would rather play for them than us. Not an unreasonable belief although seemingly York fans are a bit ignorant to Styche's circumstances.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 am

Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:York fans getting all excited over the idea of signing Styche, one posting ‘styche will be here next year 80% positive on that’ Image

Presumably your attitude is a similar one that Northern League fans had when we were in their division.

And let's be fair, there were some of our fans who thought any Northern League player with ambition would jump at the chance if we came knocking.

It's not too dissimilar to what York are doing now. I don't think it is arrogance. Just simply a belief that a player with full time ambitions would rather play for them than us. Not an unreasonable belief although seemingly York fans are a bit ignorant to Styche's circumstances.
Was just about to post something similar.

I think some of our fans have got used to us being the biggest and most desirable fish in the pond.

Having said that, they can think they're signing Styche as much as they want - I'll be shocked if he goes there. Galbraith on the other hand wouldn't be a huge surprise, although I do hope the suggestions he will stay are correct.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:00 am

Someone just posted on Red and Blue net that Styche has started following YCFC player Sean Newton on twitter therefore it must be a done deal.

notgnilrad

Post by notgnilrad » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:14 am

Quakerz wrote:Someone just posted on Red and Blue net that Styche has started following YCFC player Sean Newton on twitter therefore it must be a done deal.
So are we signing Sean Newton then, not a bad signing. :lol:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:09 am

Darlogramps wrote:"Once he's got his own lot in."
Yep, trotting out "judge me with my own players" in his post-match interview, as if he's a manager who came to a club after the transfer deadline and hadn't been able to sign anyone. Weird.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:54 am

Quakerz wrote:Someone just posted on Red and Blue net that Styche has started following YCFC player Sean Newton on twitter therefore it must be a done deal.
Styche won't sign for York but Danny Johnson from Gateshead probably will.

Gray will spend any pennies he has asap.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:38 pm

s***. Don't see why York would want Styche though, they already have Parkin to bully defenders.