York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlo_CR
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Going by Turnbull’s interview here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... 28_006.mp3 it looks as though we sticking around!

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Going by Turnbull’s interview here: http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/wp- ... 28_006.mp3 it looks as though we sticking around!
What a bloke

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:We moan on about our message board sometimes but theirs and the York Press comments are just full of bile and arrogance. The players bought into this 'We're to good for,this league' rubbish as well. MG is right in one sense - unless he has players who respect the league, York are going nowhere.
There are some dipsticks on those boards but on saying that there are some good posters who have sussed out M.G. Here is one example but there are many more...

YO128th April 9:09 pm
"Mr Gray ought to consider a career in PR or politics. Anything other than football management.

Hes spent the last four weeks on the charm offensive, blaming everyone other than himself for the disastrous end of season. Distancing himself from the abject performances and blaming the players, Dave Penney, the mysterious recruitment committee and even the fans.

Im sorry but results speak louder than words and I have no reason to believe Mr Gray anymore. The charm offensive doesnt have any evidence to back it up.

We had a chance, only needed two wins out of the last seven matches to reach the play offs. Yet Mr Gray gave up the cause prematurely, calling out players in public, telling the fans he was getting rid of players and recruiting better players next season. Do that when the season is finished not with four games to go. Martin Gray should have been instilling belief and optimism, protecting his players, creating a siege mentality to get us those two wins.

Hes failed miserably this season and will fail again next season. Dont believe the hype."

And let's not forget the role that McGill had in tapping up Gray and helping Gray to break his contract with Darlo. Gray and McGill between them engineered a situation whereby we would receive no compensation, then offered us the scraps off a pre season friendly - now that's arrogance Vic!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 pm

Styche doesn't particularly like Gray and I'm sure he's having a good laugh at this speculation. If I was a York fan, I'd be worried about them losing there best players, rather than getting other clubs best players.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Styche doesn't particularly like Gray and I'm sure he's having a good laugh at this speculation. If I was a York fan, I'd be worried about them losing there best players, rather than getting other clubs best players.
Agreed, especially considering Styche explicitly said that he is going nowhere on Twitter a matter of days ago.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:24 pm

I didn't realise parkin will be 37 in December. He's scored some goals for York, 33 in 47 games. Decent return.

Beano

York City

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm

As Turnbull stated, the future bodes well for next season. The last 15 games form table:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 55a88d.jpg[/img]

Some big names at the bottom for the final 10 game form table:
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201804 ... 70ae12.jpg[/img]

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:23 pm

MG has released a number of players from York. Interestingly he says he won't sign any young players, only seniors who have done it at this level.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:MG has released a number of players from York. Interestingly he says he won't sign any young players, only seniors who have done it at this level.
Ah yes, the cheapest and most affordable type of signing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Well, as long as he stays within budget?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Quakerz wrote:Well, as long as he stays within budget?
He wants a squad of 18 next season :roll:

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:39 pm

Yes that's 18 new players every month lol

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue May 01, 2018 7:06 pm

The York farce just drags on and on. McGill now says there are no offers to buy the club so the new board is inviting the Supporters Trust and McGill to submit their plans for supporting a workable budget for next season.

McGill's contribution to the club seems to be secured against the sale of Bootham Crescent, so in effect he isn't really putting in any of his own money at all because he gets it all back when the ground is sold.

The Trust looks likely to stand its ground in refusing to hand over its 25% holding in the club (backed by the members) and hasn't been allowed places on the board nor been given the chance to look at the books.

Meanwhile Gray has released players and says he's about to sign players even though there isn't yet supposed to be a budget drawn up for next season.

What a mess...

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue May 01, 2018 7:42 pm

Can't believe that given there financial woes, that they could hope to remain full time next season.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:41 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Can't believe that given there financial woes, that they could hope to remain full time next season.
I know I am confused, they have to live within their means according to the directors, how can they afford all the staff and 18 full time players at this level?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Henley

Post by Henley » Tue May 01, 2018 10:54 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Can't believe that given there financial woes, that they could hope to remain full time next season.
I know I am confused, they have to live within their means according to the directors, how can they afford all the staff and 18 full time players at this level?
Because they pay them the same as a Hartlepudlian?

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 am

Henley wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Because they pay them the same as a

McGill has to be still heavily involved financing them I would imagine, probably putting the trust in a difficult situation in order to get his hands on the 25% shares they would not transfer over to him.Why would Gray be issuing retained lists and looking to sign players this week if finance was not available.No signs of the sale of the club being advertised anywhere according to the York message board.Great to have a stable club like ours who are moving in the right direction and everyone pulling together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Wed May 02, 2018 7:59 am

Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 02, 2018 9:21 am

It's clear the club was never really up for sale. It was never advertised and no-one really knew which bits were on the market. Just another ploy to get the trust backed into a corner to hand over the 25% holding with McGill pulling all the strings.

dfc4me

Post by dfc4me » Wed May 02, 2018 9:33 am

If MG continues to spend money the club doesn't have on player contracts maybe McGill will resort to the ultimate threat to the trust ie hand over your stares or administration awaits. That really would put the trust in a difficult position.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed May 02, 2018 10:18 am

I think you need to look that over again. At a glance there's glaring error that I can see.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed May 02, 2018 10:21 am

His money and the cash he's put in over the years are all tied up in the sale of Bootham Crescent when he'll get everything back (it was all just a loan, where have we heard that one before?). He won't be going anywhere until that's done and dusted. He won't do anything to put that at risk.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed May 02, 2018 10:52 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I think you need to look that over again. At a glance there's glaring error that I can see.
Has dfc4me left out the question mark after the word 'trust' ?

Or left out the dots between the letters i.e. ?

Hang on - it's 'hand over your stares' . Got it..........
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed May 02, 2018 11:43 am

They won't back down. They said they're prepared to go legal on this one.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed May 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Thought that Bootham Crescent had already been sold for housing and all they were doing was dependent on when the Council owned new complex was ready?

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed May 02, 2018 1:45 pm

jjljks wrote:Thought that Bootham Crescent had already been sold for housing and all they were doing was dependent on when the Council owned new complex was ready?
Persimmon have first dibs apparently

bga

Post by bga » Wed May 02, 2018 6:53 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:MG has released a number of players from York. Interestingly he says he won't sign any young players, only seniors who have done it at this level.
This is a fantastic advert for the MG Football Academy isn't it? "Get your lads to come to my Academy, and at the end we can help find them a club erm.............as long as it is no higher than the level below erm.... my team (which I am going to build over the Summer by the way) York City."

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Wed May 02, 2018 7:48 pm

So I’ve just read the statement from the York supporters trust and they are wanting to go fan owned. Good luck Mr Gray with all this going on off the pitch, but he will have an excuse when it goes tits up!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu May 03, 2018 2:05 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:So I’ve just read the statement from the York supporters trust and they are wanting to go fan owned. Good luck Mr Gray with all this going on off the pitch, but he will have an excuse when it goes tits up!
Can we lend him a bucket?

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Thu May 03, 2018 5:31 pm

"The club’s recent history has shown that throwing money at the problem doesn’t translate into success on the field. There is simply no business case to operate at a loss."

Very well put by York's Trust.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!