York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shawry
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by shawry » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm

al_quaker wrote:
quakerman wrote:Even the York fans have picked up on his obsession with players in our area.
Not really any different to Wright signing Midlands based players and players he's managed before
Apart from MG left us because our squad, and finances werent good enough to compete at the level he want to.

Its quite telling that TW came in and took a budget cut, yet managed to complete some signings which strengthened the side, we certainly dont look a laughing stock compared to York.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Any player leaving Darlo to join York at present must be bonkers, so if Galbraith does wish to go (which I doubt ) then that's fine.

And as for York, reading between the lines it would seem that Gray's fallen out with a number of players and turned on them lately in some cutting newspaper interviews - saying things like 'players have downed tools' 'blah blah moan' 'I want honest players' and ‘next season-I will now take charge of the new signings’

Funny that, because in his first press interview on Youtube 2nd Oct, Dave Penney (while Gray is sat beside him) says that Martin has the final say on ALL signings.

Gray, I wouldn't like him as my boss, he's very much out for himself.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:50 pm

The man is absolutely desperate for his job, so he's rewriting history to claim that it was a group decision to sign players, but forgets that the evidence is out there on both YouTube and in the papers. He also 'claims' that a cheque book mentality is not the way to go for a club yet just a couple of weeks prior to that said it was the way to go in the Chorley programme notes. The York fans see through him too and pointed out both hypocrisies. I wonder what Dave Penney thinks about being Gray's scapegoat. And as for these Churchillian speeches about 'dying for the club', well that's just a load of hot air. You need more than that to get out of this league from a manager. And as for his quote 'I won't be associated with those performances of the last few weeks', well you were the manager Martin. The York fans just think he's a clown.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:The man is absolutely desperate for his job, so he's rewriting history to claim that it was a group decision to sign players, but forgets that the evidence is out there on both YouTube and in the papers. He also 'claims' that a cheque book mentality is not the way to go for a club yet just a couple of weeks prior to that said it was the way to go in the Chorley programme notes. The York fans see through him too and pointed out both hypocrisies. I wonder what Dave Penney thinks about being Gray's scapegoat. And as for these Churchillian speeches about 'dying for the club', well that's just a load of hot air. You need more than that to get out of this league from a manager. And as for his quote 'I won't be associated with those performances of the last few weeks', well you were the manager Martin. The York fans just think he's a clown.
What are the odds that he'll sneak into the playoffs tomorrow!

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:17 pm

Darlo2807 wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:The man is absolutely desperate for his job, so he's rewriting history to claim that it was a group decision to sign players, but forgets that the evidence is out there on both YouTube and in the papers. He also 'claims' that a cheque book mentality is not the way to go for a club yet just a couple of weeks prior to that said it was the way to go in the Chorley programme notes. The York fans see through him too and pointed out both hypocrisies. I wonder what Dave Penney thinks about being Gray's scapegoat. And as for these Churchillian speeches about 'dying for the club', well that's just a load of hot air. You need more than that to get out of this league from a manager. And as for his quote 'I won't be associated with those performances of the last few weeks', well you were the manager Martin. The York fans just think he's a clown.
What are the odds that he'll sneak into the playoffs tomorrow!
That’s a great post Adam, you have summed the guy up perfectly.Really hope Bradford,Spenny or Blyth don’t all blow it tomorrow and let York in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:26 pm

shawry wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
quakerman wrote:Even the York fans have picked up on his obsession with players in our area.
Not really any different to Wright signing Midlands based players and players he's managed before
Apart from MG left us because our squad, and finances werent good enough to compete at the level he want to.

Its quite telling that TW came in and took a budget cut, yet managed to complete some signings which strengthened the side, we certainly dont look a laughing stock compared to York.
And Wright presumably left Nuneaton because he viewed us as a step up

I don't like Gray, but him signing players he knows of is not particularly surprising or uncommon. Just happens on this occasion we're in the firing line so to speak, which of course is annoying. Unless he fancies coming in for a couple of the players Wright doesn't want for next season :lol:

50 years

Post by 50 years » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:45 pm

I had also heard that Gray had been in touch with Galbraith, and that was why he had not already signed a contract. For me, if this is the case, (and it was only word of mouth so may be rubbish), then we should just let him go as he therefore is not committed to us, (although he has been an excellent servant for the club), and to be honest the lad has said in the past that he wants to go to full time football and I think York will stay full time next year. I thought at full back he struggled in this league but at centre back has blossomed and been excellent but we have replacements already in place and we have to live with it, with pressure on budgets it is a saving.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:23 am

Surprisingly York have something to play for today - but I wonder if the players who Gray has been back-stabbing (and front-stabbing) will want to put in that extra bit of effort for him?
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:39 pm

Beano wrote:We can build our team for the long term around Galbraith and Heaton at the back.

Losing him would be a big blow.
There is no guarantee that Heaton will be with us at the start of next season.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:Surprisingly York have something to play for today - but I wonder if the players who Gray has been back-stabbing (and front-stabbing) will want to put in that extra bit of effort for him?
Spenny,Bradford and Blyth all losing.Still have an awful feeling York could nick a win and finish 7th.God forbid.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Beano wrote:We can build our team for the long term around Galbraith and Heaton at the back.

Losing him would be a big blow.
There is no guarantee that Heaton will be with us at the start of next season.
And there is no guarantee Galbraith will be with us next season - listening to him on Darlo fans radio the contract question was dodged!
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:24 pm

quakerman wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Surprisingly York have something to play for today - but I wonder if the players who Gray has been back-stabbing (and front-stabbing) will want to put in that extra bit of effort for him?
Spenny,Bradford and Blyth all losing.Still have an awful feeling York could nick a win and finish 7th.God forbid.

On a final day when all games are supposed to kick off at the same time, York kicked off 5 minutes late.
Watch a bit slow Martin ? I should get a new one, you wouldn't want to be late for your interview down the job centre

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:26 pm

Spennymoor winning now

Never thought I’d see the day where I’d cheer a Spennymoor goal so enthusiastically

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Oops Spennymoor are now winning, York slipping out of the play-offs. :lol:

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:44 pm

York are buggered. 2-0 down.

It's between Bradford PA and Spenny now.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:45 pm

Where were York when Ferret Boy took over?

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:48 pm

We are side by side in the table now

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Gray will already be thinking up his excuses. Gray out.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Gray will already be thinking up his excuses. Gray out.
The Penney had already dropped with York fans, Gray is not the messiah but a very naughty boy.
From our point of view, 3 nice 'local' away trips next season to Blyth, Spennymoor & York after all three of them bottled it on the run-in. Unbelievable odds on that a few weeks ago but that is why we are footy fans :lol:

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Doddsy wrote:Where were York when Ferret Boy took over?
They were 5-4-3 in the league when Money Mart came in.

I'll ignore cup games cos no one gives a fuck when gauging form.

They finished with 16-10-16.

This makes his record this season with York W11 D6 L13. That is fucking shocking for a million pound full time budget in a part time regional league. And you have to wonder, given the expectations and resources at York - how 5-4-3 was bad enough to get Mills the sack, yet 11-6-13 is deemed good enough for Gray to keep his job?

I really, really want to see Gray pushed before he jumps, so he has that big black mark on his CV. Sadly I think he'll get away with another job ie Pools before York give him his P45

Tommy took over Darlo and we were 5-7-6.

We finished with 14-13-15

This makes Tommy's record W9 D6 L9, which is a better PPG than Gray.

And that was achieved with a quarter of Gray's York budget, with a 50k cut in the Darlo playing budget to absorb when he took over, with a team on a losing streak, with Gray being straight in for our two best players at that time, and with some players not up to scratch on 2 year Money Mart deals taking up a chunk of what budget was left.

Now I'm not using these stats to claim Tommy is a genius because his overall record is still only average - but given the turmoil when he was taking over, and the strides taken on and off the field during his tenure, I have faith that good things are coming.

No the reason I've posted these stats is not to butter up Tommy, but to show Gray for the fraud that he is. He's been completely found out.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 pm

The sort of clichéd bullshit sound bites he's coming out with are just utterly passé in 2018 as well. 'I want a good honest performance', 'I want players who will die for this club'. And his worst last week 'I won't put my name to our recent performances'. Talk about passing the responsibility.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Doddsy wrote:Where were York when Ferret Boy took over?
They were 5-4-3 in the league when Money Mart came in.

I'll ignore cup games cos no one gives a fuck when gauging form.

They finished with 16-10-16.

This makes his record this season with York W11 D6 L13. That is fucking shocking for a million pound full time budget in a part time regional league. And you have to wonder, given the expectations and resources at York - how 5-4-3 was bad enough to get Mills the sack, yet 11-6-13 is deemed good enough for Gray to keep his job?

I really, really want to see Gray pushed before he jumps, so he has that big black mark on his CV. Sadly I think he'll get away with another job ie Pools before York give him his P45

Tommy took over Darlo and we were 5-7-6.

We finished with 14-13-15

This makes Tommy's record W9 D6 L9, which is a better PPG than Gray.

And that was achieved with a quarter of Gray's York budget, with a 50k cut in the Darlo playing budget to absorb when he took over, with a team on a losing streak, with Gray being straight in for our two best players at that time, and with some players not up to scratch on 2 year Money Mart deals taking up a chunk of what budget was left.

Now I'm not using these stats to claim Tommy is a genius because his overall record is still only average - but given the turmoil when he was taking over, and the strides taken on and off the field during his tenure, I have faith that good things are coming.

No the reason I've posted these stats is not to butter up Tommy, but to show Gray for the fraud that he is. He's been completely found out.
But all his signings were “group” signings Quakerz and not totally his responsibility, so he has conned the York board into giving him another season.He spouts utter rubbish and it is totally obvious his level is the league below.He sounds totally desperate to hang onto his job and blaming everyone but himself which is “what he is all about” so to speak.Very,very lucky to be given another chance.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:04 pm

Actually, given that one of York's players did actually 'die on the pitch' in a tragic incident that any football fans of a certain age would remember, David Longhurst, after whom a stand is now commemorated, it's even more of a crap thing to say, about that club in particular. MG would remember it too.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:35 pm

"Gray came over to the fans at the end, agreed “it was a disgrace”, that “it wasn’t fucking good enough” and that he will “turn this lot around once [he’s] got his own lot in”. He then finished with a passionate “I’m not a shithouse”...who was it that doubted his motivation skills?"

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:41 pm

"Once he's got his own lot in."
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Quakerz wrote:"Gray came over to the fans at the end, agreed “it was a disgrace”, that “it wasn’t fucking good enough” and that he will “turn this lot around once [he’s] got his own lot in”. He then finished with a passionate “I’m not a shithouse”...who was it that doubted his motivation skills?"
Might not be a shithouse but he is taking the piss.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:44 pm

Where's this from Quakerz? Is this real or from your own subconscious?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Where's this from Quakerz? Is this real or from your own subconscious?
Someone posted it on Red and Blue net - it actually happened.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Jesus Christ. You can see why I didn't believe it. What a pleb. Hope Galbraith sees through him, or TW persuades him to stay.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:46 pm

York fans getting all excited over the idea of signing Styche, one posting ‘styche will be here next year 80% positive on that’ :lol: