York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

LoidLucan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:23 pm

I see gray has now publicly crucified David Ferguson after today's game.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:34 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I see gray has now publicly crucified David Ferguson after today's game.
Typical Gray, it’s never his fault is it, always points the finger at someone else.Bet their dressing room was a barrel of laughs after the final whistle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm

LoidLucan wrote:I see gray has now publicly crucified David Ferguson after today's game.
Stay classy, Martin.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:18 pm

biccynana wrote:
Stay classy, Martin.
Hopefully that drives an irreparable wedge between the two of them, Ferguson re-signs for us and forms a devastating partnership down the left with O'Hanlon :shock: :lol:

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:26 pm

quakerman wrote:Typical Gray, it’s never his fault is it, always points the finger at someone else.
There's a theme developing here. He's now claiming that the transfer policy has always been a group effort, "so don't hang me out to dry for it" :lol:

Next season he says he'll be in sole charge of transfers. Careful, Martin, nowhere to hide if it goes t*ts up next season too (assuming he's still there of course).

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:41 pm

biccynana wrote:
quakerman wrote:Typical Gray, it’s never his fault is it, always points the finger at someone else.
There's a theme developing here. He's now claiming that the transfer policy has always been a group effort, "so don't hang me out to dry for it" :lol:

Next season he says he'll be in sole charge of transfers. Careful, Martin, nowhere to hide if it goes t*ts up next season too (assuming he's still there of course).
He is just trying to buy himself a next season, desperate to hang on to this job.

Wouldn't surprise me if he managed to turn it round a bit next year, will have challenges but will probably still have a budget of double ours. As long as he learns how to spend it well :problem:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:51 pm

Interesting to see that since october hes signed 14 loanee and permanent players at york and theyve nosedived.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Interesting to see that since october hes signed 14 loanee and permanent players at york and theyve nosedived.
Not his signings though, it was a group thing, so don't judge him on them. Well at least that's what he is saying.

Pretty sure if they had been winning and got to the top of the league he would be taking all credit for it and them.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:54 am

Don't think he will be even there next season.

He'll pop up at Hartlepool.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 am

darlo2001uk wrote:Don't think he will be even there next season.

He will be at York for certain next season probably due to Penney being Sporting Director and persuading the remaining board members,who have no great footballing experience, to go with Gray for another season and not make rash changes.They are a shambles at the moment,Gray has been given a lifeline he does not deserve, the fans have not accepted him with not only poor performances on the field but all the rubbish he has come out with since McGill resigned and now wanting to replicate what he achieved with us under a fan ownership model, what a hypocrite.As long as he stays well away from our players that is the concern for me.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:32 am

So if Gray is making all the signings - what will Penney do then?
Its fairly obvious that a few of the back room staff will be going as they cannot sustain the wage bill and I think Penney will be one of them.
He's hung a few players out to dry - he really is on last chance saloon as you can't keep lambasting the players week in week out, the end of the season cannot come quick enough.
Will be keeping an eye on whats happening on and off the pitch over the summer - its going to be interesting. In terms of Darlo - I expect a very quiet summer, which is nice for a change, probably a one in and one out policy with our new tight budget coming in force.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Ferguson did a post match interview on YouTube & still tried to stick up for Gray. He also seemed to be very unhappy about the spirit of the dressing room & acknowledging his scoring record not being as good for York as it was for us - almost in tears at times.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:08 pm

quakerman wrote:
darlo2001uk wrote:Don't think he will be even there next season.

He will be at York for certain next season probably due to Penney being Sporting Director and persuading the remaining board members,who have no great footballing experience, to go with Gray for another season and not make rash changes.They are a shambles at the moment,Gray has been given a lifeline he does not deserve, the fans have not accepted him with not only poor performances on the field but all the rubbish he has come out with since McGill resigned and now wanting to replicate what he achieved with us under a fan ownership model, what a hypocrite.As long as he stays well away from our players that is the concern for me.

Who says Penney will be there?

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:56 pm

jjljks wrote:
Ferguson did a post match interview on YouTube & still tried to stick up for Gray. He also seemed to be very unhappy about the spirit of the dressing room & acknowledging his scoring record not being as good for York as it was for us - almost in tears at times.
I’d have Ferguson back in a heart beat.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Beano wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Yes, but only if Ben O'Hanlon gets a fantastic transfer contract up the leagues which gives us a fat fee and a sell-on clause ;)

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:34 pm

jjljks wrote:
Beano wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Yes, but only if Ben O'Hanlon gets a fantastic transfer contract up the leagues which gives us a fat fee and a sell-on clause ;)
I would play Ferguson as a left winger and O'Hanlon at left back, not that it will matter because he won't leave York but do agree I would have him back and put him on our starting eleven currently.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:39 pm

jjljks wrote:
Beano wrote:
jjljks wrote:
Ferguson was best for us as a winger - our form dropped off when Gray moved him back to left back - maybe coincidental.

But yes I'd have Ferguson back at the expense of Gillies. If York have to go part time what happens to existing full time contracts? Presumably these have to be honoured or they go through some kind of redundancy exercise?

Would Ferguson pick up a full time contract elsewhere? He's good enough to but whether the interest was there who knows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:03 pm

jjljks wrote:
If you mean the clip at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agckkLcSjp0 jjljks, that was post the defeat at FCUM last Tuesday. I wonder if DF would be so generous in his defence of MG after MG picked him out for criticism after Saturday.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:50 pm

biccynana wrote:
jjljks wrote:
If you mean the clip at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agckkLcSjp0 jjljks, that was post the defeat at FCUM last Tuesday. I wonder if DF would be so generous in his defence of MG after MG picked him out for criticism after Saturday.
Yes i think that was after FCUM. Just wonder what he would have been like after Leamington got their late equalizer!

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:06 pm

Take this with a pinch of salt, but Football Web Pages now predicts York to finish 12th.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... /predicted

In order to finish above York now, we would need 4 points, Brackley to beat York and a 4 goal swing. If we win both, we would just need York to fail to win at Brackley.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:37 pm

I laughed at this latest pronouncement from Gray who is making plans for next season:

“I want a fantastic changing room next season full of honest players who will give everything and every player who comes back after the summer will be told what condition I expect them to be in and what weight they need to be, because we’ve got to have the fittest squad in the division next season.”

What the hell will big Jon Parkin's goal weight be set at by Gray? I can imagine that conversation with the big fella and somehow doubt he'll be skipping back for training like a featherweight having followed a strict lettuce leaf diet.

Gray says he is already in an advanced stage with certain transfer targets and pointed out that recruiting a left-footed centre-back and boasting two potential 20-goal forwards in his squad are chief priorities for 2018/19.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 pm

A number of people (who knows if correct! ) have said that Gray showed Galbraith around last week and is trying to persuade him to go there. Makes sense, left sided centre back out of contract and knows him well.
Hope it’s wrong as think he has been excellent at centre half which I never thought I would say, and not many ball playing left foot central defenders available for no fee! Made a huge difference when he went off midweek.
News of him signing a new contract with us seems to be getting delayed.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 pm

There does seem to be a fair bit of smoke re Galbraith.

He can have Burgess who he obviously thinks is a better player given the 2 year deal he gave him last summer. Heck we’ll even through Caton in too.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Yeah, I'm sure he is interested in Galbraith. Most of the non-darlo players he has signed for York have turned out to be shite so he's probably decided to stick with what he knows and has liked in the past as with Bartlett and Ferguson. I'm sure Galbraith would like a crack at the full-time game... if York are staying that way. Also would be a good tactic by Gray in biding his time to pick up a player for nothing rather than have to pay a fee. He broke his neck to make sure we got nothing when he moved to York despite having the luxury of a five-year contract. With that little manoeuvre, the players he has come back for and the legacy of the big contracts he handed out to certain players here, Gray really stitched us up like a kipper.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 pm

I'd be gutted if he took Galbraith, Gray seems set on raiding us for everything he can. That said, Dom Collins, Jack Vaulks and Gary Brown can all do a good enough job, but Galbraith is a favourite. Voted him as player of the season this year for his consistency.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:57 pm

Heard the Galbraith to York rumour, however a bigger rumour is that he is about to sign his new contract with us and should possibly be announced next week.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:35 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:Heard the Galbraith to York rumour, however a bigger rumour is that he is about to sign his new contract with us and should possibly be announced next week.
Hope you are right Les, as soon as I heard Happy Jacks interview about a left footed central defender, the first thing I thought of was Tezz because left footed centre halves are a pretty rare breed. Really wish Gray would just do one .Even the York fans have picked up on his obsession with players in our area.

Beano

Post by Beano » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:12 pm

We can build our team for the long term around Galbraith and Heaton at the back.

Losing him would be a big blow.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:18 pm

Why would Galbraith want to move to York City in their current predicament?

They are financially very unstable at the moment and needing to make huge cuts.

I would be surprised if anyone would be tempted from Darlington to York in current circumstances.

Darlington have gone through financial uncertainty and serious budget issues and now are on course for a more solid financial future than York as things currently stand.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:28 pm

quakerman wrote:Even the York fans have picked up on his obsession with players in our area.
Not really any different to Wright signing Midlands based players and players he's managed before