York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by Spyman » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/-K5LpNa05F8[/video]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok well I was only repeating what one of their fans said, as I had no reason not to question what he was saying. Hope they survive in some form, as their fans were friendly despite being thumped on the pitch.
Correct Pete, you had no reason not to question them.

So why didn't you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:15 am

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

Ok well I was only repeating what one of their fans said, as I had no reason not to question what he was saying. Hope they survive in some form, as their fans were friendly despite being thumped on the pitch.

So why didn't you?

I had no reason to not believe what he was saying was true. I guess it'll all come out in the wash.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Pete I think you put a "not" in when you shouldn't have!

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:

So why didn't you?

I had no reason to not believe what he was saying was true. I guess it'll all come out in the wash.
So now they are moving to the Wash in Norfolk ? poor buggers.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:

I saw one of their fans being heaved out but I don’t remember any of them being thumped on the pitch. :o
Or off it.

divas

Post by divas » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 am

Squeaky bum time for Gray at York with the vote tomorrow night

At least he’s finally given our fans and volunteers some credit. Lots of parallels in that statement to that fans forum

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... -and-faith

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 am

Thing is Gray keeps saying the word ‘investment’ what he actually seems to mean is benefactor.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 am

lo36789 wrote:Thing is Gray keeps saying the word ‘investment’ what he actually seems to mean is benefactor.
Gray also seems to think that only full-time clubs with wealthy benefactors can be funded by their owners.

Last time I checked, we were primarily funded by our owners?
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 am

divas wrote:Squeaky bum time for Gray at York with the vote tomorrow night

At least he’s finally given our fans and volunteers some credit. Lots of parallels in that statement to that fans forum

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... -and-faith
While the statement is clearly propaganda, at least he's finally acknowledging that it wasn't entirely down to him - if he'd done that at the time of his departure he might have saved himself some stick. Maybe the (relative) struggle at York has prompted some introspection :lol:

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm

At least the York fans (or some of them) get a say as to what happens later, and that is down to The Trust - which seems a little strange as the outcome of the vote will determine how much power they take forward.

This is not what's happening at Hartlepool - their fate rests in the hands of back stage dealings and the future conduct of men like Singh, or even Singh himself.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm

Large parts of what gray says reads like a pre-prepared press release written for him by the chairman.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Large parts of what gray says reads like a pre-prepared press release written for him by the chairman.
He is not exactly going to go against a man who brought him to the club and pays his wages now is he Image

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Large parts of what gray says reads like a pre-prepared press release written for him by the chairman.
Exactly what I thought.Maybe not the chairman but certainly the PR office.He was never that articulate.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm just pleased he's now found himself a "proper football stadium and a proper football club" after being held back by little Darlo all those years.

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am

LoidLucan wrote:I'm just pleased he's now found himself a "proper football stadium and a proper football club" after being held back by little Darlo all those years.
and that statement just proves that any credit he gave our fans was just paying lip service to them - patronising beyond belief :roll:

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 am

LoidLucan wrote:I'm just pleased he's now found himself a "proper football stadium and a proper football club" after being held back by little Darlo all those years.
Gray is not the brightest button in the box and should engage his brain a bit more before coming out with a comment like that.That stood out far more than his gratitude for the fans and volunteers efforts over the years, and the comment about the very difficult decision to leave Darlo,even though results were awful and he was struggling to turn things around,made me want to vomit.McGill has made a big mistake with this guy and if he continues to throw £1.2m a year in his direction it will all end in tears.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:35 pm

They've voted not to transfer the shares

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:40 pm

That's Martin Gray fucking off to Hartlepool United in the summer then.

Wonder what odds I can get for that. £20 straight on it.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm

So what now Mr gray, hartlepool calling.
Yes sir Mr Singh I will manage for you.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 pm

al_quaker wrote:They've voted not to transfer the shares
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _Proposal/

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:04 pm

Well done York City. A commendable and brave decision not to bow to the demands of a money man.

DC

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _Proposal/
Membership of 910. Total votes for or against 385. So over 500 members (spen can work out the exact percentage for me :lol:) couldn't give a sh*t either way? They can't have all spoiled their ballot papers. That seems like a huge amount of apathy.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:25 pm

Spyman wrote:
Well done York City. A commendable and brave decision not to bow to the demands of a money man.

At least they've not sold their soul to the devil, like the chimps down the road.

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:

At least they've not sold their soul to the devil, like the chimps down the road.
To be fair they have absolutely zero choice in the matter. It’s not like they’ve sold a club they owned.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:44 am

divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:

To be fair they have absolutely zero choice in the matter. It’s not like they’ve sold a club they owned.
I thought there was a condition to Singh's purchase that the supporters had to raise £600k or something? Admittedly I've not followed it that closely but was this not the case?

DC

divas

Post by divas » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 am

Spyman wrote:
divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:

I thought there was a condition to Singh's purchase that the supporters had to raise £600k or something? Admittedly I've not followed it that closely but was this not the case?

There was but they’ve got nowhere near so he’s seemingly gone ahead without them. Yes if they’d parted with cash to get into bed with him then fair enough

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

Two small steps for fans... Darlo's stand on the man who threw us into the fire and the York fans standing up for a say in their club in the face of an all-out campaign of blackmail.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 am

LoidLucan wrote:Two small steps for fans... Darlo's stand on the man who threw us into the fire and the York fans standing up for a say in their club in the face of an all-out campaign of blackmail.
Goes to show how important it can be to have some form of fan ownership, whether it is complete ownership or a Trust having a sizable stake. It gives the fans some form of control and ability to stop the wrong people getting their hands on our clubs as a means to whatever scheme they have going.

I hope Hartlepool at some point manage to gain some kind of fan control, otherwise I can't see anything other than the endless spiral they are on continuing and they'll forever have no say in what goes on at the club.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 am

Would not surprise me in the least having been told what to do with his money by Darlo,such is his massive ego that he is determined to make Poolies very successful and put two fingers in our direction.Just a thought.

eek

Post by eek » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:30 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Would not surprise me in the least having been told what to do with his money by Darlo,such is his massive ego that he is determined to make Poolies very successful and put two fingers in our direction.Just a thought.

Let's hope so as I don't wish ill on other clubs provided we beat them.