York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: York City

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:05 pm

I’ve been thinking about this York thing - nothing to do with Gray, he’s not on my radar now!

At first I could see both points of view about equally.

McGill must probably take the view that he’s pumping all the money in and making all the decisions while the Trust own 25% and contribute next to nothing, whilst also sniping at him from the sidelines.

The trust must think that they’re not party to any decisions, have no idea as to McGill’s long term plans and feel that he (McGill) is being far too reckless with his spending.

But it’s dawned on me that McGill really isn’t spending his money!! He knows that the sale of Bootham Crescent will go through and that when it does he will be first in line to get his hands on the proceeds, so in a way he’s spending someone else’s money - the clubs, and in this case the trust (who are there because of problems from the past) have every right to be suspicious and want to keep an eye on things.

The trust offered a deal whereby McGill took 95% ownership, and this deal seemed to have minimal add ons attached to it (which would only benefit YCFC in any case) but still McGill refused it.

Why??

So the problems continue - along with the spending!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:50 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I’ve been thinking about this York thing - nothing to do with Gray, he’s not on my radar now!

McGill must probably take the view that he’s pumping all the money in and making all the decisions while the Trust own 25% and contribute next to nothing, whilst also sniping at him from the sidelines.

The trust must think that they’re not party to any decisions, have no idea as to McGill’s long term plans and feel that he (McGill) is being far too reckless with his spending.

But it’s dawned on me that McGill really isn’t spending his money!! He knows that the sale of Bootham Crescent will go through and that when it does he will be first in line to get his hands on the proceeds, so in a way he’s spending someone else’s money - the clubs, and in this case the trust (who are there because of problems from the past) have every right to be suspicious and want to keep an eye on things.

The trust offered a deal whereby McGill took 95% ownership, and this deal seemed to have minimal add ons attached to it (which would only benefit YCFC in any case) but still McGill refused it.

Why??

Exactly what happened with Houghton and Singh - spending the club's money, or borrowing money against the club's assets.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

John
Team Supported: York

Post by John » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 pm

York fan in peace who often follows what happens with Darlington as a result of my daughter living there and who used to work at `Star Radio`. Since you seem to be following the happenings of City and have mentioned McGill & the Trust, you will not have seen what has been recently mentioned by Malcolm Clarke (Life member of YCST; FSF Chair; Supporter rep on the FA Council) and information about the Document that McGill signed in 2006, parts of which I`ve copied below, so please do not assume that York City will cease to exist:

" ............ assumption that the club will fold if Jason pulls the plug is far from necessarily the case. Similarly with ............... scaremongering. Under clause 11 of the 2006 subscription and shareholders agreement, JMP and Mr McGill are contractually obliged not to create an insolvency event.

The York City situation is much more complex than most clubs in crisis because of the number of parties involved and their inter-relation, but it would be interesting to see what view the administrator took of JMPs status as a creditor if they had created an insolvency event. Readers will no doubt make their own judgement on how likely it is that Jason would do that.

The administrator would have the legal duty of trying to keep the business going. There was reference in the meeting to other potential local investors. I have no knowledge of that but we know that there are nearly always people who want to acquire football clubs."

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm

We certainly did York a favour by beating Bradford PA and increasing the gap between the play-off positions and the rest of the league.

wizardofos

Post by wizardofos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:41 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:I’ve been thinking about this York thing - nothing to do with Gray, he’s not on my radar now!

Why??

These were pretty well my thoughts.
However, it seems that the debt to McGill's Company now far exceeds the likely proceeds of sale of Bootham Crescent.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Listening to his post match interview, Gray would like 2 players for each position and is looking to sign 2 more this week including a LB.God knows what there losses will be if they fail to go up, just how much more is McGill prepared to pump in bearing in mind the value of Bootham Crescent falls well below his loans to York.Surely something must give anytime soon.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:20 pm

I find it hard to believe Bootham Crescent is only worth £2.3m when houses on the streets not far away can command £800k.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 pm

Beano wrote:I find it hard to believe Bootham Crescent is only worth £2.3m when houses on the streets not far away can command £800k.

Wow!! If this is the mooted price then it's crazy. A big piece of prime building land in a great position, they would be able to place a multitude of Exec houses on there in a tasteful manner, I know about these things. Everything is there already in position, even the road layout would be suitable.

No wonder the Trust is going to get the land independently valued. It belongs to YCFC, it is a huge asset, and can only be sold once.

Meanwhile, back to the playing budget .........................................
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:49 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Beano wrote:I find it hard to believe Bootham Crescent is only worth £2.3m when houses on the streets not far away can command £800k.

Wow!! If this is the mooted price then it's crazy. A big piece of prime building land in a great position, they would be able to place a multitude of Exec houses on there in a tasteful manner, I know about these things. Everything is there already in position, even the road layout would be suitable.

No wonder the Trust is going to get the land independently valued. It belongs to YCFC, it is a huge asset, and can only be sold once.

Meanwhile, back to the playing budget .........................................
I’d genuinely expect something closer to 8 figures. Proper fishy.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:19 pm

Why would anyone (like a football club chairman for example ) wish to undervalue it though?

I don't get it.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:23 pm

The thing is though, York only are running up so much debt because McGill is funding a huge full time budget which we all know only too well that Money Gray will happily blow - 2 players in every position indeed...

Why don't they just set a more realistic budget next season and cut the losses back. And we'd get to laugh at Gray.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Just watched the highlights and how Salford did not win that game by 3 or 4 only they know.Even if York go up via the playoffs, no way will they be challenging for promotion next season so what are the funding options for McGill as happy jack will be wanting more ££££'s to strengthen his squad.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:06 pm

York's players have now joined us bucket-rattlers as an "embarrassment".....
Here's how to promote team spirit and unity.....

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _training/

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:54 pm

MG has ordered the players in tomorrow for training after that embarrassing defeat to Curzon [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:41 pm

looking at the league table there seems to be a little gap starting to grow between 7th and 8th place, with the not very good Chorley in 8th position. Obviously with the new playoff situation (top 7) York should easily qualify, and then anything could happen.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Not sure that dragging in the reluctant squad who played at Curzon for extra training on Sunday was sufficient to resolve all the problems. The York Press did a damning article (apart from praise for Adam Bartlett) which is worth a look - enjoy!

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... on_Ashton/

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:29 pm

I think the Sunday training thing was a bit of theatre put on by Gray, I hope Bartlett wasn't included in this as he seems to be doing very well, even the York angry brigade rate him highly.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

divas

Post by divas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm

As far as I know Bartlett only trains part time anyway

murtonquaker
Team Supported: Mighty Darlo

Post by murtonquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:13 am

Adriano Moke sounds like a lovely person...Belittling the fans, then telling one to "Meet up and bring tools"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:28 am

I'm glad we haven't got any players like that. Mind you, on looking at some of their fans comments online, the whole situation is distasteful and ridiculous.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 am

Bloody hell that picture of Parkin!

He's a full-time, professional sportsman?!
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:48 am

The whole situation at york seems to be one big mess. Youve got fans having a go at each other, fans having a go at players, players slagging off fans, fans and the owner at loggerheads and a manager blasting his players as embarrassing. Is gray the man to bring harmony to a fractured club?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 am

LoidLucan wrote:The whole situation at york seems to be one big mess. Youve got fans having a go at each other, fans having a go at players, players slagging off fans, fans and the owner at loggerheads and a manager blasting his players as embarrassing. Is gray the man to bring harmony to a fractured club?
Depends - is harmony on a full-time salary?

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:22 am

LoidLucan wrote:The whole situation at york seems to be one big mess. Youve got fans having a go at each other, fans having a go at players, players slagging off fans, fans and the owner at loggerheads and a manager blasting his players as embarrassing. Is gray the man to bring harmony to a fractured club?
Just let's see what happens there if they fail to go up, all hell will break loose, surely McGill will slash the budget, players will go and how will happy jack cope .Roll on the playoffs!

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

Bet Gray is happy he signed Moke up for a 12-month extension to his current contract last month, which will keep him on the Bootham Crescent books until the summer of 2019. Just keeping the fans and McGill happy then?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 pm

jjljks wrote:Bet Gray is happy he signed Moke up for a 12-month extension to his current contract last month, which will keep him on the Bootham Crescent books until the summer of 2019. Just keeping the fans and McGill happy then?
Behind closed doors I'm sure Gray agrees with Moke - they are 'just' fans.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:40 pm

Spyman wrote:
Depends - is harmony on a full-time salary?
harmony is on £850 per week, so that will be OK.
Profile pic ↗️
Now extinct!

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Spyman wrote:Bloody hell that picture of Parkin!

He's a full-time, professional sportsman?!
is he the player 4th in from the left? Jesus - what a MASSIVE FAT KNACKER (for a player). I'm surprised even at this level you see players in that condition.

even more surprising that gray is allowing this given his desire from the start with us was to run his clubs as professionally as possible.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:16 pm

murtonquaker wrote:Adriano Moke sounds like a lovely person
And an illiterate one, even by today's standards:
Wat u saying then we getting this popping or wat u meet me then or wat mush. Send ur number then u tell me where u are and we get it going then.Tell me where to meet you I meet you there today bring who ever ur bringing tools wateva cos I tell ya now ur gunna need it no joke I’m actually being mad serious.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm

Being a "fat knacker" doesn't seem to have stopped Parkin scoring goals.