York City

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Re: York City

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 13, 2018 5:19 pm

real_darlo_85 wrote:Think it's about time the MG and York City obsession is nipped in the bud. MG did help us to where we are now, obviously aided somewhat by budget and maybe it hid some of the tactical inadequacies he has. He is now at York City and it hasn't exactly been plain sailing, he failed to get them promoted, some would say karma.

Now it's time to look forward to preseason and some of the signings and hopefully positive momentum we have had under Tommy Wright. Leave MG and York City to sort their own problems out and its probably to ours and other rivals advantage that the pressure will be on him and York City to deliver. There will obviously be a curious glance at how things are going, just like with Raj and the goings on over at Hartlepool.

Let's concentrate on our own situation rather than the hysteria with other clubs. Image
Here here. He was a good player for the club and built a squad from nothing and ended up achiveing 3 promotioms pretty much back to back

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Sun May 13, 2018 5:22 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:Its gone ominously quiet from gateshead. Clearly the players there dont think theres much of a future as they are jumping ship quickly now. Three million quid chucked at it in the last three seasons for nothing... no promotion, no ground of their own and a tiny fan base.
Cannot understand for the life of me the attraction of investing in Gateshead, never had a decent fan base even in the old 4th division and the previous owners throwing in £3m want their heads examined.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
The potentials there. They got more than grimsby in the play off semis. Not bad crowd at the fa trophy semi this season excellent atmosphere. The current owners like graeme wood were football fans with a bit money to invest who wanted the best for the club. Sadly the tyneside public did not give them the support they deserved. Only way anyone else can make it work long term is by getting the ball rolling for a stadium of there own

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by AndyPark » Mon May 14, 2018 9:33 am

To be fair to Grimsby in that play off game. Grimsby brought 2,000 up north.

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Thu May 17, 2018 7:48 pm

York chairman returns after a buyer not found and MG signs Kallum Griffiths from Spennymoor and Tom Allan from Alfreton

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:14 pm

Nimrod wrote:York chairman returns after a buyer not found and MG signs Kallum Griffiths from Spennymoor and Tom Allan from Alfreton
That York chairman does strike me as a bit odd

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 pm

tdk1 wrote:
Nimrod wrote:York chairman returns after a buyer not found and MG signs Kallum Griffiths from Spennymoor and Tom Allan from Alfreton
I think he took a gamble with the vote thing and it backfired big time. His actions unsettled the supporters trust and also the team - who before the vote were settled into a playoff spot but after vote lost the plot completely.

Talk about bad timing!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri May 18, 2018 2:54 pm

tdk1 wrote:
The thing is he is a proper York fan and he has bankrolled his boyhood club for years, I few fans I know think he has another agenda ie bullying the trust to sell him there 25% so he has total control , but you can't blame the bloke for going back BUT he loves to sack managers so MG beware a bad start its the Larry Rack by Christmas....

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Fri May 18, 2018 2:59 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
tdk1 wrote:
The thing is he is a proper York fan and he has bankrolled his boyhood club for years, I few fans I know think he has another agenda ie bullying the trust to sell him there 25% so he has total control , but you can't blame the bloke for going back BUT he loves to sack managers so MG beware a bad start its the Larry Rack by Christmas....
He has put money into the club, but he will get it back from the sale of the ground - however good on him for doing that as it was/is a risk.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

shawry

Post by shawry » Fri May 18, 2018 6:15 pm

Its not much of a risk though is it, the fun really starts for York if they fail to get promoted next season.

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 pm

As shawry says, he has no risk currently. His debts are secured against the ground. It gets interesting when his debts pass the 75% mark of the value of the ground. That is when he is taking a risk, as his debts are no longer secure. If they perform next season as they did this season he will have difficult decisions to make.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!