You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:29 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: York City
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:53 am 

Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/-K5LpNa05F8[/video]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ok well I was only repeating what one of their fans said, as I had no reason not to question what he was saying. Hope they survive in some form, as their fans were friendly despite being thumped on the pitch.
Correct Pete, you had no reason not to question them.

So why didn't you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:15 am 

Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spoke to some of the North Ferriby fans during the match. Apparently they will cease to exist at the end of the season. Their new manager bought the club for £1 and he intends to move the club to Hull, join a local league and change their name to something like Hull Carnegie. The North Ferriby fans have no intention of following the new club.
The way I understood it is he wants to move the current club to Dunswell near Beverley, getting Ferribys league place, with a re-constituted North Ferriby starting at Step 7

Ok well I was only repeating what one of their fans said, as I had no reason not to question what he was saying. Hope they survive in some form, as their fans were friendly despite being thumped on the pitch.

So why didn't you?

I had no reason to not believe what he was saying was true. I guess it'll all come out in the wash.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:01 pm 

Pete I think you put a "not" in when you shouldn't have!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:43 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

So why didn't you?

I had no reason to not believe what he was saying was true. I guess it'll all come out in the wash.

So now they are moving to the Wash in Norfolk ? poor buggers.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:

I saw one of their fans being heaved out but I don’t remember any of them being thumped on the pitch. :o
Or off it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:58 am 

Squeaky bum time for Gray at York with the vote tomorrow night

At least he’s finally given our fans and volunteers some credit. Lots of parallels in that statement to that fans forum

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... -and-faith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:17 am 

Thing is Gray keeps saying the word ‘investment’ what he actually seems to mean is benefactor.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:01 am 

lo36789 wrote:
Thing is Gray keeps saying the word ‘investment’ what he actually seems to mean is benefactor.

Gray also seems to think that only full-time clubs with wealthy benefactors can be funded by their owners.

Last time I checked, we were primarily funded by our owners?

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 am 

divas wrote:
Squeaky bum time for Gray at York with the vote tomorrow night

At least he’s finally given our fans and volunteers some credit. Lots of parallels in that statement to that fans forum

https://www.yorkcityfootballclub.co.uk/ ... -and-faith

While the statement is clearly propaganda, at least he's finally acknowledging that it wasn't entirely down to him - if he'd done that at the time of his departure he might have saved himself some stick. Maybe the (relative) struggle at York has prompted some introspection :lol:

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm 

At least the York fans (or some of them) get a say as to what happens later, and that is down to The Trust - which seems a little strange as the outcome of the vote will determine how much power they take forward.

This is not what's happening at Hartlepool - their fate rests in the hands of back stage dealings and the future conduct of men like Singh, or even Singh himself.

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:35 pm 

Large parts of what gray says reads like a pre-prepared press release written for him by the chairman.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:15 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:
Large parts of what gray says reads like a pre-prepared press release written for him by the chairman.

He is not exactly going to go against a man who brought him to the club and pays his wages now is he [emoji23]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:24 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:

Exactly what I thought.Maybe not the chairman but certainly the PR office.He was never that articulate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:54 pm 

I'm just pleased he's now found himself a "proper football stadium and a proper football club" after being held back by little Darlo all those years.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 am 

LoidLucan wrote:
I'm just pleased he's now found himself a "proper football stadium and a proper football club" after being held back by little Darlo all those years.

and that statement just proves that any credit he gave our fans was just paying lip service to them - patronising beyond belief :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 am 

LoidLucan wrote:

Gray is not the brightest button in the box and should engage his brain a bit more before coming out with a comment like that.That stood out far more than his gratitude for the fans and volunteers efforts over the years, and the comment about the very difficult decision to leave Darlo,even though results were awful and he was struggling to turn things around,made me want to vomit.McGill has made a big mistake with this guy and if he continues to throw £1.2m a year in his direction it will all end in tears.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:35 pm 

They've voted not to transfer the shares

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:40 pm 

That's Martin Gray fucking off to Hartlepool United in the summer then.

Wonder what odds I can get for that. £20 straight on it.

Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!

17/18 Season:
WWWDLDDLLDWDLDLWLLDLLWLLLDDWWWLWWDWDLW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm 

So what now Mr gray, hartlepool calling.
Yes sir Mr Singh I will manage for you.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:37 pm 

al_quaker wrote:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _Proposal/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:04 pm 

al_quaker wrote:
Well done York City. A commendable and brave decision not to bow to the demands of a money man.

DC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:08 pm 

Darlo Dodger wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkci ... _Proposal/

Membership of 910. Total votes for or against 385. So over 500 members (spen can work out the exact percentage for me :lol:) couldn't give a sh*t either way? They can't have all spoiled their ballot papers. That seems like a huge amount of apathy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:25 pm 

Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:
Well done York City. A commendable and brave decision not to bow to the demands of a money man.

At least they've not sold their soul to the devil, like the chimps down the road.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:18 am 

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

At least they've not sold their soul to the devil, like the chimps down the road.

To be fair they have absolutely zero choice in the matter. It’s not like they’ve sold a club they owned.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:44 am 

divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

To be fair they have absolutely zero choice in the matter. It’s not like they’ve sold a club they owned.
I thought there was a condition to Singh's purchase that the supporters had to raise £600k or something? Admittedly I've not followed it that closely but was this not the case?

DC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 am 

Spyman wrote:
divas wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Spyman wrote:
al_quaker wrote:

I thought there was a condition to Singh's purchase that the supporters had to raise £600k or something? Admittedly I've not followed it that closely but was this not the case?

There was but they’ve got nowhere near so he’s seemingly gone ahead without them. Yes if they’d parted with cash to get into bed with him then fair enough

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am 

Two small steps for fans... Darlo's stand on the man who threw us into the fire and the York fans standing up for a say in their club in the face of an all-out campaign of blackmail.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:15 am 

LoidLucan wrote:
Two small steps for fans... Darlo's stand on the man who threw us into the fire and the York fans standing up for a say in their club in the face of an all-out campaign of blackmail.

Goes to show how important it can be to have some form of fan ownership, whether it is complete ownership or a Trust having a sizable stake. It gives the fans some form of control and ability to stop the wrong people getting their hands on our clubs as a means to whatever scheme they have going.

I hope Hartlepool at some point manage to gain some kind of fan control, otherwise I can't see anything other than the endless spiral they are on continuing and they'll forever have no say in what goes on at the club.

DC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 am 

Would not surprise me in the least having been told what to do with his money by Darlo,such is his massive ego that he is determined to make Poolies very successful and put two fingers in our direction.Just a thought.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:30 am 

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Would not surprise me in the least having been told what to do with his money by Darlo,such is his massive ego that he is determined to make Poolies very successful and put two fingers in our direction.Just a thought.

Let's hope so as I don't wish ill on other clubs provided we beat them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next