Wright and White

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tezza
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Wright and White

Post by tezza » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 am

It was rhetorical. No question mark, no response required.

To be right about it you have a knack of ruining every thread on here. There is a great flow of ideas and info then... Boom, argumentative bullshit.

Note no question mark so no reply required.[/quote]

Bang on

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:32 am

I thought we were so LUCKY when the ball came off the bar and Senior headed home!!!

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:37 am

I would like TW to do well with us. My initial reservations were that it seemed for a long time that he may not have been able to turn our slide down the table in time and we may of had to take the hit of a relegation and judge from next season in the league below. This threat still remains BUT the recent run of form and performances have been encouraging and eased the pressure just a bit. :thumbup:
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:44 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I thought we were so LUCKY when the ball came off the bar and Senior headed home!!!
That wasn’t luck!!! Luck is never a factor in games!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 am

real_darlo_85 wrote:I would like TW to do well with us. My initial reservations were that it seemed for a long time that he may not have been able to turn our slide down the table in time and we may of had to take the hit of a relegation and judge from next season in the league below. This threat still remains BUT the recent run of form and performances have been encouraging and eased the pressure just a bit. :thumbup:
I would say the pressure has eased more than just a bit.

DFCAnth

Post by DFCAnth » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:20 am

Darlo-and-Back wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo-and-Back wrote:Is this guy for real!!
Yep, I am.

Feel free to disagree with me of course and I'll disagree with you. And feel free to challenge my point of view and explain why.

But let's not have another thread descend into a bitchfest about me. It happens too regularly.

So, why do you disagree with me?

To be right about it you have a knack of ruining every thread on here. There is a great flow of ideas and info then... Boom, argumentative bullshit.

Note no question mark so no reply required.

:clap: Spot on

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:21 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:
real_darlo_85 wrote:I would like TW to do well with us. My initial reservations were that it seemed for a long time that he may not have been able to turn our slide down the table in time and we may of had to take the hit of a relegation and judge from next season in the league below. This threat still remains BUT the recent run of form and performances have been encouraging and eased the pressure just a bit. :thumbup:
I would say the pressure has eased more than just a bit.
A couple of defeats and the pressure is back on.
Successive clean sheets is the biggest bonus for me.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:35 am

banktopp wrote:[
You're right that the pressure would be back on with a couple of defeats, and let's face it, we could lose the next 2 matches.

But I don't think that the pressure would be as bad as when we were clocking up our 7th defeat under Wright because at least now the players have 3 straight wins and a couple of clean sheets behind them. They know all know that they can be a good team whereas after defeat 7 the belief had evaporated.

Worst case scenario we lose the next two, I think we'll score plenty of points in March anyway. As it happens, I think we may well get something from the next couple.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:16 pm

Quakerz wrote:
banktopp wrote:[
You're right that the pressure would be back on with a couple of defeats, and let's face it, we could lose the next 2 matches.

But I don't think that the pressure would be as bad as when we were clocking up our 7th defeat under Wright because at least now the players have 3 straight wins and a couple of clean sheets behind them. They know all know that they can be a good team whereas after defeat 7 the belief had evaporated.

Worst case scenario we lose the next two, I think we'll score plenty of points in March anyway. As it happens, I think we may well get something from the next couple.
I think we all thought Feb would be a tough month and 3-4pts would have been taken if offered at the start so to have 6pts is more than a bonus.

I agree that now there is a possibility of getting something from the next two games. Brackley were well beaten yesterday by Blyth who we beat a week ago and although they are unbeaten at home we can go there with confidence we can get something from them. They were well organised when they played us and deserved their 3-0 win, while TW had only just taken over. Kidderminster are a similar team and we showed some character in the reverse fixture to get a 3-3 draw. But proves even since then that we could match them. It's the old cliche that any team can beat anyone on the day, and even more so this season in this division hence why it's so tight. A couple of defeats will change the look of the table but as it stands it does look a little better.
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Darlo-and-Back wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Yep, I am.

Feel free to disagree with me of course and I'll disagree with you. And feel free to challenge my point of view and explain why.

But let's not have another thread descend into a bitchfest about me. It happens too regularly.

Right, so you haven't got an argument. You could have stated you why you disagreed but seemingly all you're able to do is pile in with personal remarks and tell people to shut up. No ability to debate whatsoever.

It is staggering how many people are too scared to discuss points and think being argumentative is a bad thing.

By the way, I hope you noticed the irony in you piling in on me for taking threads off topic by doing the same yourself.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Darlo-and-Back wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Yep, I am.

Right, so you haven't got an argument. You're just going to pile in with personal remarks and tell people to shut up. Says a lot about you.

It is staggering how many people are too scared to discuss points and view arguing as a bad thing.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
or I guess stand behind an argument based on blind faith and simple hope - and state this as such.

to be fair, the evidence for punting TW and AW a few weeks ago was stacking up by the week. so the logical thought process at that point in time pointed to getting rid.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
or I guess stand behind an argument based on blind faith and simple hope - and state this as such.

to be fair, the evidence for punting TW and AW a few weeks ago was stacking up by the week. so the logical thought process at that point in time pointed to getting rid.
I think Wright started off on a bad footing as quite a few were unconvinced about his record and credentials - myself included.

The position for a lot of fans was they were concerned but willing to give him a chance and hoped he did well.

Getting off to a bad start and not settling on a consistent formation, line-up and style was always going to amplify those concerns. To me, he didn't know what he was doing.

But now he appears to know which direction he's heading and long may it continue.

Last edited by Darlogramps on Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:

I think Wright started off on a bad footing as quite a few were unconvinced about his record and credentials - myself included.

The position for a lot of fans was they were concerned but willing to give him a chance and hoped he did will.

Getting off to a bad start and not settling on a consistent formation, line-up and style was always going to amplify those concerns. To me, he didn't know what he was doing.

But now he appears to know which direction he's heading and long may it continue.

I was never concerned, I knew that they'd turn things around and people were just panicking unnecessarily. We'd had a run of games against tough opposition and we lacked confidence. Now our confidence has changed, we are a completely different side.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:

The position for a lot of fans was they were concerned but willing to give him a chance and hoped he did will.

I knew that they'd turn things around
No you didn't. You hoped they would.

They've finally started turning a corner. I wouldn't say they've "turned things around" quite yet - but at last things seem to be going in the right direction.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:43 pm

I doubt anyone who saw the run we were on, the lack of cohesion in the squad, the lack of strategy, the indecision and all the rest, could say they "knew" it would turn around.

It seems to be improving but things have to be maintained. Out of our unbeaten run, I don't anyone was particularly happy with our performances v Alfreton or Leamington, and I think we should have beaten Chorley. So I don't think anyone should be getting carried away on the basis of two good performances v Blyth and BPA, however refreshing they were to see.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Huge turnaround. Need to keep it going, i can't say i'm expecting too much from the next two, but after that, some big games. I'm really hopeful we can have a comfortable, mid table finish and look to build going into next ear.

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Darlogramps wrote: I think Wright started off on a bad footing as quite a few were unconvinced about his record and credentials - myself included.

I couldn’t have put it any better myself.

For me, the biggest positive shift is that he is now selecting a team that plays to our strengths, not an incompatible tactical ideology.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:59 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I doubt anyone who saw the run we were on, the lack of cohesion in the squad, the lack of strategy, the indecision and all the rest, could say they "knew" it would turn around.

It seems to be improving but things have to be maintained. Out of our unbeaten run, I don't anyone was particularly happy with our performances v Alfreton or Leamington, and I think we should have beaten Chorley. So I don't think anyone should be getting carried away on the basis of two good performances v Blyth and BPA, however refreshing they were to see.
I think he's finally settled on 4 at the back and that's the biggest difference for me. He might not want to play 4-4-2 and that's fine, but 4 at the back is paramount with these players IMO. The 4-2-3-1 has worked well

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:31 pm

Yeah I agree. We seemed chaotic all over the pitch in his first dozen games in charge, but defence was where the most problems were caused (and in fairness we had the same problems under MG as well).

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Yeah I agree. We seemed chaotic all over the pitch in his first dozen games in charge, but defence was where the most problems were caused (and in fairness we had the same problems under MG as well).
Perhaps AW's influence on the defence may be bearing fruits.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:05 pm

The the last 3 games we've look the strongest defensively we ever have at this level, last season included.

This league is so tight, and the teams so inconsistent, a decent unbeaten run would propel you into the top ten, likewise a win-less run would drop you smack into danger.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:

The position for a lot of fans was they were concerned but willing to give him a chance and hoped he did well.

I think DG sums up my view. We have improved recently but we are by no means safe.

BTW - the resurgence of Tommo has been fantastic. He looks like the player he was couple of season ago.