Tonights Games

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

biccynana
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tonights Games

Post by biccynana » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:52 pm

Quakerz wrote:Nuneaton are in excellent form.
Indeed they are, I hadn’t realised just how good. W4 D1 in last five, bettered only by Harrogate.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Quakerz wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Harrogate could well go top tonight, good on them, I'd prefer them to go up rather than Salford.
I'd prefer that they both go bankrupt. Tinpot, toy clubs.
688 there tonight, electric atmosphere as they go top.Why does the owner bother.....crazy.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:55 pm

divas wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Nuneaton are in excellent form.

Whilst everybody is papping their pants about us dropping one place and them climbing 6 places - now would be a good time to suggest that we stop fretting about those below us and instead look at the 6/7 teams above us who we can claw in. They're all going to be looking over their shoulders with a couple of defeats, and are in the relegation fight as much as we are.
Exactly, we’re nearly on par with others on games played now and we’re 3 points away from mid table whilst playing most of them over the next month. A great opportunity to finish in a very respectable position. No doubt the last relegation place will go down to the wire
Looking forward to Saturday, we actually are a decent enough team to pick up points against most teams in this league. The next 6 games are massive for us, with 4 at home and 5 of the 6 against bottom half teams.

Time for the lads to focus and get some more points on the board, will take 1 point on Sat against Kidderminster.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:58 pm

While we're on the undergarment soiling theme, my trolleys will certainly be pebbledashed if this relegation slog gets any tighter. I'll be touching cloth on the Tamworth terraces if we don't get some early goals there.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Calm down Vic. Every time we lose you reckon we’re relegated. This dog fight will not be settled for many weeks yet, though effectively at present it looks like it’s a fight for the final slot. If we’re needing to go to Edgely Park and get something then I’ll join you in buying some ‘Pappers...Nappies for Men’ (nice Vic and Bob reference for you). I want that game to be a dead rubber so I can enjoy my pre/post-match beers and curry stress free

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:05 pm

biccynana wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Whilst everybody is papping their pants about us dropping one place and them climbing 6 places
It was only me, I think, Quakerz. But fear not, my pants are fine.
Quakerz wrote:now would be a good time to suggest that we stop fretting about those below us and instead look at the 6/7 teams above us
Who now include Nuneaton. Bit confused - you don’t think we should worry about Nuneaton climbing above us, but you still want us to think about teams that are above us. :?
Wasn't aimed at you - plenty of people have posted on here and twitter worrying about teams below us every time they pick up a point over the last few weeks - I think we should stop worrying about them, that's all I'm saying.

As for Nuneaton - yes I said stop worrying about those below us, yes they have just climbed above us - but I'm not saying we should fret about those 6/7 teams above us (should have been clearer for the pedants). I'm saying we should look to claw them in.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Beano

Post by Beano » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:06 pm

With our best team out, and in-form, we are a match for any team in this league.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:11 pm

Quakerz wrote:
biccynana wrote:
Quakerz wrote:Whilst everybody is papping their pants about us dropping one place and them climbing 6 places
It was only me, I think, Quakerz. But fear not, my pants are fine.
Quakerz wrote:now would be a good time to suggest that we stop fretting about those below us and instead look at the 6/7 teams above us
Who now include Nuneaton. Bit confused - you don’t think we should worry about Nuneaton climbing above us, but you still want us to think about teams that are above us. :?
Wasn't aimed at you - plenty of people have posted on here and twitter worrying about teams below us every time they pick up a point over the last few weeks - I think we should stop worrying about them, that's all I'm saying.

As for Nuneaton - yes I said stop worrying about those below us, yes they have just climbed above us - but I'm not saying we should fret about those 6/7 teams above us (should have been clearer for the pedants). I'm saying we should look to claw them in.
Ah, got it :thumbup:

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:12 pm

Beano wrote:With our best team out, and in-form, we are a match for any team in this league.
Agreed. The sooner we get Caton back the better as him and wee O’Hanlon work well down the left. Any news on his recovery? Mills is...okay but Caton is the key for me. That means we can get little peanut heart Gillies back on the bench what with Thommo back. Gillies frustrates me incredibly as he’s maybe the most skilfull player in the squad yet never looks up for it

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
Beano wrote:With our best team out, and in-form, we are a match for any team in this league.
Agreed. The sooner we get Caton back the better as him and wee O’Hanlon work well down the left. Any news on his recovery? Mills is...okay but Caton is the key for me. That means we can get little peanut heart Gillies back on the bench what with Thommo back. Gillies frustrates me incredibly as he’s maybe the most skilfull player in the squad yet never looks up for it
I don't like being negative on a player but Gillies looks like a lad who has dropped from professional football, lost interest in getting back into it and has just fallen out of love with the game. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't see any passion from him, it's as if he has lost all interest.

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:24 pm

Quakerz wrote:Yep, funded by the ground improvement fairies.
Message for Milky. The new site needs a 'like' button.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
grimsbyquaker wrote:
I don't like being negative on a player but Gillies looks like a lad who has dropped from professional football, lost interest in getting back into it and has just fallen out of love with the game. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't see any passion from him, it's as if he has lost all interest.
I didn’t see much on Saturday, a day when we needed the ‘senior pros’ to step up and make up for the loss of Styche, Thommo etc. It was crying out for Gillies to make his mark. You’re right though Les. He looked cold, disinterested and not fancying anything looking like a 50-50 challenge. He was one of my favourite players last term but you can’t defend the indefensible. Still, there’s always a juicy home game v Kiddie

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:04 am

See Nyal Bell played (and scored 2) for alfreton tonight on loan from Gateshead. Maybe a bit of a missed opportunity for us to brimg him in and strengthen our striking options for the run in.

Beano

Post by Beano » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:53 am

JE93 wrote:See Nyal Bell played (and scored 2) for alfreton tonight on loan from Gateshead. Maybe a bit of a missed opportunity for us to brimg him in and strengthen our striking options for the run in.
Difficult, as Styche is superb, and we play one up front with no budget for two players of his class. We need a bit of luck to fit a back up that is comparable.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am

JE93 wrote:See Nyal Bell played (and scored 2) for alfreton tonight on loan from Gateshead. Maybe a bit of a missed opportunity for us to brimg him in and strengthen our striking options for the run in.
Anybody know anything about that Beck bloke who scored 2 for Harrogate tonight? He could be useful for us :lol:

Roll on Saturday, when there are a load more relevant matches to the relegation fight. Just hope we can get the game on and all our key players are available and on form. Need to get a decent crowd to give the lads all the support we can and give them the edge over a Kiddie team who are unbeaten in their last 5 away games (mind, only one win!).

grimsbyquaker

Post by grimsbyquaker » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:26 pm

jjljks wrote:
Anybody know anything about that Beck bloke who scored 2 for Harrogate tonight? He could be useful for us :lol:

Roll on Saturday, when there are a load more relevant matches to the relegation fight. Just hope we can get the game on and all our key players are available and on form. Need to get a decent crowd to give the lads all the support we can and give them the edge over a Kiddie team who are unbeaten in their last 5 away games (mind, only one win!).
TW said to a few of us before the Bradford PA game that Beck would like to come back as he’d become 4th choice at Harrogate. Maybe Gray will try to snap him up