Darlington FC V Kidderminster

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

HarrytheQuaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Kidderminster

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:36 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:What a great result, Alfie Thompson with the winner. (Vanarama site!). Really pleased for the gaffer, things are looking up.
Who's Alfie Thompson???

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:50 pm

Our rejuvenated goalscorer. Look at the result on the vanarama site!

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:08 pm

I would just like to mention Jack Vaulks, yes he's young and number of fans were saying he's not ready just yet, they are probably right. However due to injuries he had to play today, and you know what he did not look out of place at all, and that was against a very good team.
Having said brilliant result today, all the team put real effort in today and we played some tidy football as well.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Credit to the players and managers - they deserve praise in equal amounts as the criticism of the not too distant past.

Not being able to get to games, has the recent upturn in results coincided with us lining up with 4 at the back? Playing a basic 4-4-2?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 pm

What an atmosphere we built in the second half.

Need to get that ground rocking more often. The fans helped that!!!!

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:Credit to the players and managers - they deserve praise in equal amounts as the criticism of the not too distant past.

Not being able to get to games, has the recent upturn in results coincided with us lining up with 4 at the back? Playing a basic 4-4-2?
Yes - players playing where they are comfortable, cover if there's mistakes in midfield, we look a lot more solid.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:33 pm

AndyPark wrote:What an atmosphere we built in the second half.

Hopefully not involving paedo chants and misogyny this time?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:39 pm

Cracking game today, great advert for this league and fair play to Kiddie who came to attack.Must admit to being worried about yet more injuries with young Vaulks at CH but he had a great game alongside Heaton against a very experienced full time side.We are playing with so much more confidence now and would have folded a couple of months ago when they equalised but these lads went looking for a winner rather than holding out for a point.Every single Darlo player played their socks off and put in a helluva shift and not sure who was MOTM but Thommo, Phil, Tezz ,Ainsley,Trotman and the 2 centre backs were immense.We are easily matching the teams at the top, Blyth, Harrogate, Kiddie, Bradford, Salford and York and with all our injuries that makes it even more impressive.Really pleased for TW and AW, they are getting the results there influence deserves, just need 3 or 4 more wins and the planning for next season can begin.Brilliant win today.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Spyman wrote:

Change the record....

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Good game - I thought Trotman had his best game for us yet. Vaulks has come on loads since the games earlier on in the season - him and Heaton looked very comfortable most of the match. Shame Heaton will probably be off in the summer - he's playing below his level.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:23 pm

Anyone know what the attendance was today?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:27 pm

1427. Probably one of the best atmospheres since we moved to BM. Thought the noise from the tin shed today was excellent.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:58 pm

Big Tim wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Change the record....
Interesting that you're willing to call out people who criticise the chants, but won't criticise the subject matter of the chants themselves.

Priorities very much in the wrong order here.

Andy could quite easily make this stop by calling out his mates who do it. But he's not got enough of a spine to do so.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:28 pm

There were no questionable chants going on today. Quite possibly that encouraged more to join in creating a better atmosphere. When the shed is on form it does lift the players.

Big Tim

Post by Big Tim » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Big Tim wrote:
Spyman wrote:

Change the record....
Interesting that you're willing to call out people who criticise the chants, but won't criticise the subject matter of the chants themselves.

Priorities very much in the wrong order here.

Andy could quite easily make this stop by calling out his mates who do it. But he's not got enough of a spine to do so.
No it’s more to do with the fact he doesn’t start the chants and two he doesn’t even stand with the people that do every game. Yet all the stick seems to be being aimed at him for it? Unfair in my opinion.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Whether he stands with them or does it himself is irrelevant. He knows those making the chants and defends them. Do a search on here if you want.

Andy has previously written the paedo and misogyny chants off as "banter" and justified abusing people as an attempt to create atmosphere.

As long as he sticks up for those making the chants in that way, people will continue to give him stick. It's all up to him.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:49 pm

The rebirth of Thommo under Wright has been marvellous. He blitzed the Northern League and the division above, and everyone thought he had the talent to play at least two divisions higher.

Then he went off the boil for 18 months or so but he's now back playing at a level everyone suspected he was capable of.

And once again, Wright and White deserve credit. The defence looked organised, players know what they are doing and we now have a strategy and confidence. Keep Styche and Thommo fit and available and we should be safe.

Still can't be complacent, but we've had a good month and hopefully can follow that up.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am

Great result and deserved on the performance today.

Every player having a good game, even the substitutes. Thought that Saunders played really well in that position today, doing well defending and attacking, (was puffing a little early on after a few runs but kept going). Difficult to pick a man of the match today but my personal choice would have been Syres who covered a tremendous amount of ground and looked dangerous all game. Styche will feel a little aggrieved not to have scored today after working hard , hitting the post and falling over with the goal a his mercy.

Their goal was just a miss-understanding between Heaton and Pears (both players look like they will be playing at a higher level in the near future). Vaulx and Wheatley looked comfortable all game and Gillies looked up for it when he came on. Great final goal by Thommo!

With so many young players in the team today the future looks good, as long as we can hold on to them, (which will be difficult I think, but could make the club some good money :) ).

The Tin Shed were great today, listened from the balcony and once the score was 1-1 the support and noise from there was fantastic, reminded me of the old Tin Shed days.

Bet the players were buzzing after the game.

Last year even though we were in a play off place most of the season we did not do well against the top teams in the league. This year we have beaten Salford, Harrogate, Kidderminster, Blyth, Bradford PA, and drawn with Spennymoor and York -just shows what could possibly have been this year, but I for one was happy that we lost Martin Gray ( I wasn't enjoying the football being played and worried about the finances where we struggling with each year).

With the CEO David J we look like we have someone who will keep the club on track financially, and with the TW / AW a management team being one that is able to bring in a new approach, (enjoyable to watch), and work within financial constraints.

We may still get back to the football league in my life time (something I thought was not possible when we went down to the Northern league and were struggling financially year after year).

I am going to enjoy the rest of this season and am really looking forward to next season with us settled, and I believe pushing for promotion and financially sound.

"Up the Quakers"

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 am

quakerste wrote:1427. Probably one of the best atmospheres since we moved to BM. Thought the noise from the tin shed today was excellent.
But to the likes of spyman and all those fucking knobs. We can’t ever do anything right. So fuck off Simon.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:32 am

Darlogramps wrote:Whether he stands with them or does it himself is irrelevant. He knows those making the chants and defends them. Do a search on here if you want.

Andy has previously written the paedo and misogyny chants off as "banter" and justified abusing people as an attempt to create atmosphere.

As long as he sticks up for those making the chants in that way, people will continue to give him stick. It's all up to him.
Last edited by AndyPark on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:43 am

Shades of Adriano Moke....
Please, just be happy we took 3 points with a rejigged side against a promotion contender.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:13 am

AndyPark wrote:m
Tell you what Gramps, you and your little pals have an issue with me. Meet me at the next home game and talk about your issues?!

I’ll meet you in the bar at Curzon game, I’m sick of getting shite for no reason, so step away from the keyboard and I’ll meet you.
Oh dear, not covering yourself in glory here Andy.

You get shite because of the way you defend your mates. You defend their abuse as "banter" and "creating an atmosphere".

You could quite easily resolve this without going all Adriano Moke on everyone.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:33 am

Same old s*** from you Gramps, it’s boring.

Wanna talk about any issues you have with me, I’ll be at the curzon game.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:23 am

AndyPark wrote:
quakerste wrote:1427. Probably one of the best atmospheres since we moved to BM. Thought the noise from the tin shed today was excellent.
But to the likes of spyman and all those fucking knobs. We can’t ever do anything right. So fuck off Simon.
I simply asked a question. Loan_Star answered it.

You're a bit touchy, Andrew.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

The Equalizer

Post by The Equalizer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:08 am

Mr_Pickle wrote:Took the Grandson to your game today after a divine meal in Tanners.

A great game in my eyes and the boy's too of what he saw (Couldn't see much of the game, struggled getting to the front). Felt strange watching a game I had taken my son to at a 25,000 seater stadium over a decade ago at a little rugby ground with my Grandson, which he eloquently described as 'tinpot' - whatever that means!

Marvellous day out though!
Presumably you'll be bringing him back in a couple of weeks when the extra seats are available then?

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:11 am

The Equalizer wrote:
Mr_Pickle wrote:Took the Grandson to your game today after a divine meal in Tanners.

A great game in my eyes and the boy's too of what he saw (Couldn't see much of the game, struggled getting to the front). Felt strange watching a game I had taken my son to at a 25,000 seater stadium over a decade ago at a little rugby ground with my Grandson, which he eloquently described as 'tinpot' - whatever that means!

Marvellous day out though!
Presumably you'll be bringing him back in a couple of weeks when the extra seats are available then?

He wasn't there. His story fell apart in the first sentence when he advised having "a divine meal in tanners" everyone knows this isn't possible ;)

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Fantastic game and result. I never heard a MOTM announcement, but I'd say it was between Trotman, Heaton and Thompson.

It was Trotman's best game for us, he scared them to death every time he bombed down the wing and he was brilliant at stopping many Kidderminster attacks down the left hand side.

Heaton won everything in the air at both ends of the pitch and was his usual dependable self. Chipped in with a goalmouth scramble.

Thompson utterly brilliant, probably his best 90 minutes for a couple of years. I really liked how he got back to help Trotman and a fabulous goal at the death.

Honourable mention for Vaulks, I've been a pretty lonely voice on here saying that he should be in the first team squad, especially when we have central defenders injured or suspended. He certainly didn't look overawed on his big chance.

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:58 pm

Heaton was man of the match went upstairs after the game to receive his accolade.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
H1987 wrote:What a win. Absolutely delighted.

I believe not so long ago, i confidently stated Thompson couldn't hack it at this level. Which demonstrates exactly how much i know :mrgreen:
Haha fair play for admitting it.

Thompson has certainly got his confidence back, I think Wright gives them more freedom and believes more in attacking which has probably seen him get the best out of Thompson.
I wasn't the only one like. Seemingly just the only one willing to admit it :mrgreen:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Fantastic standing ovation for the team at the end. Gramps still want TW to be sacked?