Where Has Gregan Gone ?

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

tezza
Team Supported: Darlington

Where Has Gregan Gone ?

Post by tezza » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:51 pm

From YC Official Site:

COACHING STAFF

Manager: Martin Gray

Sporting Director: Dave Penney

Matchday Analyst: Brian Atkinson

Head of Sports Medicine: Will Short

Lead Physiotherpaist: Ian Gallagher

Kit Manager/Club Shop Manager: Mat Hawkhead

super_les_mcjannet

Re: Where Has Gregan Gone ?

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm

He is coaching part time and paid for by MGFA so the club isn't paying him.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:00 pm

He's still there as he gets constantly criticised by York's Angry Brigade for his incessant grinning and buoyant demeanour.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:54 am

Wonder what Darlo fans opinions of Gregan and Atkinson are now after they walked out on us. For me it showed they do not what to be managers - which is fair enough - they must be happy to be backroom staff.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:07 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Wonder what Darlo fans opinions of Gregan and Atkinson are now after they walked out on us. For me it showed they do not what to be managers - which is fair enough - they must be happy to be backroom staff.
I don't have much of an opinion on them to be honest.

They were Gray's 'yes-men' and I thought it a bit strange that they'd stay here as managers once he left given their ties to him through his youth coaching thing. Much better for all concerned that there was a clean severing of ties.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:21 am

Spyman wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Wonder what Darlo fans opinions of Gregan and Atkinson are now after they walked out on us. For me it showed they do not what to be managers - which is fair enough - they must be happy to be backroom staff.
I don't have much of an opinion on them to be honest.

They were Gray's 'yes-men' and I thought it a bit strange that they'd stay here as managers once he left given their ties to him through his youth coaching thing. Much better for all concerned that there was a clean severing of ties.
Yes, I would agree with that.

If either of them had of wanted to be a manager, or even had it in them to be a manager then they would of found a way to stay at Darlo, and it would of been an okay opportunity too, as they knew the players, the area, other teams in this division and of course our club directors too.

Bullet dodged I reckon.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:36 am

Perfectly happy with Tommy and Alan,let's finish the season well and see what happens in the close season regarding ins and outs.Gregan and Atkinson seem happy enough to just tag along with Gray and have missed a great opportunity to kick start a career in management with us.Couldn't care less about the 3 of them to be honest and just wonder where they all end up when the wheels come off at York.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Couldn't care less about the 3 of them to be honest and just wonder where they all end up when the wheels come off at York.
Don't lie - you comment all the time on them. You're one of a select group of people on here who comment every single time York lose a match. Genuinely, any thread on York, you comment.

You really do care about how Gray and York get on, because you can't get over how he left the club. The vast majority of people stopped giving a stuff when Gray left - which is 5 months ago.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to obsess over them and comment all the time that's your prerogative. But don't try and make out you're not bothered by them when everyone can see you are.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:55 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Couldn't care less about the 3 of them to be honest and just wonder where they all end up when the wheels come off at York.
Don't lie - you comment all the time on them. You're one of a select group of people on here who comment every single time York lose a match. Genuinely, any thread on York, you comment.

You really do care about how Gray and York get on, because you can't get over how he left the club. The vast majority of people stopped giving a stuff when Gray left - which is 5 months ago.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to obsess over them and comment all the time that's your prerogative. But don't try and make out you're not bothered by them when everyone can see you are.
Calm down Grampsy, bloody hell man it was only a tongue in cheek comment.Jesus wept!

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:18 pm

Ah, the old 'tongue in cheek comment' excuse. I'm perfectly calm Ron so no need to make out otherwise.

You have to admit though, you do like to have a good old pop at MG don't you?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:02 pm

I've got to admit, I get wood every time York lose a match.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:31 pm

If we have a good end to the season we wont be too far behind York. Such as shame TW & AW got off to such a bad start (results wise) - otherwise we would be in playoff contention.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:32 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:If we have a good end to the season we wont be too far behind York. Such as shame TW & AW got off to such a bad start (results wise) - otherwise we would be in playoff contention.
Same could be said for if results hadn't disintegrated so badly in the last 6 weeks of Gray's reign.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Always liked Gregan, really sorry when he had to leave.