Raj Singh Takeover

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

JE93
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Raj Singh Takeover

Post by JE93 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:Looks like Singh has taken over!

I'm lost for words.

If they drop a league and play us the atmosphere will be past toxic.
Simply a stay of execution. at least the neck stretchers will be able to spot the usual warning signs given the history with us...
I was thinking the same. Wonder if Raj would drive that Bentley of his down down into BM and take his place on the balcony?

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 pm

banktopp wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:...Martin Gray has already done his press release stating he cannot move the club forward without outside investment and being full time...if York can't offer him that then maybe he'll have no choice but to join Raj at Hartlepool?
The trouble with Gray is he is always going on about big budgets to compete with the likes of Harrogate,Salford etc.But is he capable of spending his budget wisely or as good as those 2 and I would say not.He seems to sign players for the sake of it and hopes they come off but in my opinion there are far better managers than him in our league and McGill would get far more success for York than what Gray can give him.Matt Jenson at Chorley or Kevin Davies at Southport would be better options than Gray.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
And whisper it, Tommy Wright at Darlington.
Gray has reached his limit as a manager in N.L.North, terrible run of results in his last dozen games for us, York no better with him in charge. Devoid of ideas other than buy more players.
When York sack him, and they will, there won't be many clubs come calling for him
Apart from Poolie. I would put good money on Raj having Gray there next season. And he will be totally out of his depth - whether they are in NL or NLN.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:53 pm

darlo2001uk wrote:
banktopp wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
lo36789 wrote:...Martin Gray has already done his press release stating he cannot move the club forward without outside investment and being full time...if York can't offer him that then maybe he'll have no choice but to join Raj at Hartlepool?
The trouble with Gray is he is always going on about big budgets to compete with the likes of Harrogate,Salford etc.But is he capable of spending his budget wisely or as good as those 2 and I would say not.He seems to sign players for the sake of it and hopes they come off but in my opinion there are far better managers than him in our league and McGill would get far more success for York than what Gray can give him.Matt Jenson at Chorley or Kevin Davies at Southport would be better options than Gray.

And whisper it, Tommy Wright at Darlington.
Gray has reached his limit as a manager in N.L.North, terrible run of results in his last dozen games for us, York no better with him in charge. Devoid of ideas other than buy more players.
When York sack him, and they will, there won't be many clubs come calling for him
Apart from Poolie. I would put good money on Raj having Gray there next season. And he will be totally out of his depth - whether they are in NL or NLN.
No doubt he'll be able to spend Raj's money very easily though. :lol:

eek

Post by eek » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:42 pm

So given Hartlepool council are loaning the football club £77,500 to pay the wages bill exactly what is Raj putting in?

And what happens when Hartlepool council doesn't get the money back?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Hartlepool Council must be a soft touch - this is the second time they have bailed out HUFC in a few months. They must be expecting some income from transfer fees, but will this be the proceeds from a fire-sale at knockdown prices? I know Pools have trimmed their squad so could be some money on the way, but have they some self-interest in keeping tenants in the stadium. Couldn't see Darlington Council doing the same for us.....unless they can give us something in the Sports Hub - like a stadium.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:39 pm

eek wrote:So given Hartlepool council are loaning the football club £77,500?
Really?

If this is right, as a resident of the planet of the apes I'd be going ape s*** (pun intended) at this. Especially if I was a thespian and preferring tax payers money to be spent on fineness art.....

Hold on.....what am I saying......it's Hartlepool.....art....thespians....

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:13 pm

jjljks wrote:Hartlepool Council must be a soft touch - this is the second time they have bailed out HUFC in a few months. They must be expecting some income from transfer fees, but will this be the proceeds from a fire-sale at knockdown prices? I know Pools have trimmed their squad so could be some money on the way, but have they some self-interest in keeping tenants in the stadium. Couldn't see Darlington Council doing the same for us.....unless they can give us something in the Sports Hub - like a stadium.
Wrong shaped ball for the rugger lovers at DBC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:14 am

Deal is still not completed despite assurances last Wednesday by RS that "within 24 hours" it would be. Apparently still looking for a last piece of paper. Where have we heard that kind of statement before? Must be the footballing golden share. :lol:

real_darlo_85

Post by real_darlo_85 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:23 am

jjljks wrote:Deal is still not completed despite assurances last Wednesday by RS that "within 24 hours" it would be. Apparently still looking for a last piece of paper. Where have we heard that kind of statement before? Must be the footballing golden share. :lol:
Or is about to drop them in it and do a runner to York instead...
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:01 pm

jjljks wrote:Hartlepool Council must be a soft touch - this is the second time they have bailed out HUFC in a few months. They must be expecting some income from transfer fees, but will this be the proceeds from a fire-sale at knockdown prices? .
No - the council appear to be getting some staggered payments due for players who have already left

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:25 pm

I think transfer payments like these are under-written by the FA so the council is guaranteed to get its money back. I still think Hangers Borough Council have gone way beyond what most local authorities would have done in twice loaning large cash sums to a business in financial trouble within a few months. Especially when they have had cutbacks in council services. A council could lay itself open to complaints in finding cash for this at such a time. There has also been police involvement in alleged financial mismanagement by individuals at the club which brings the council's actions in handing over cash even more into question. Maybe other businesses in the town who have fallen behind with wages, HMRC payments or other bills should start forming a queue for civic bail-outs.

darlo reborn

Post by darlo reborn » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:28 pm

If it was our council I would be demanding a cut in my council tax because that`s not classed as a council service

dsr

Post by dsr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:36 pm

darlo reborn wrote:If it was our council I would be demanding a cut in my council tax because that`s not classed as a council service
I guess they can do it because it is a loan and not a direct spend.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Peanuts compared to the £280 million our councils loaning Everton (they aren't really apparently!)

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:22 am

Looks like Pools are now safe from relegation, unless the Administrators go in & the 10 point penalty is brought down on them.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:15 pm

I was reading an article over the weekend from the Hartlepool Mail - have to say I do like the new hair-dye that Raj is using these days, a slight ginger tone to it.

Seems from the article his plan is to not shake things up too much - which is an interesting approach to a club that is losing money hand over fist.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Is it even still going through, sure they were told 2 weeks ago it was gunna be done over the weekend.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm

AndyPark wrote:Is it even still going through, sure they were told 2 weeks ago it was gunna be done over the weekend.
The article I was looking at was published on the 28th and suggested that the initial timeline for the deal to go through had passed but this was just down to paperwork taking longer than expected, but would be done by the weekend.

It does always make you worry (or not!) when these things drag on, but the article sugested nobody involved was concerned about the delay.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Let’s hope there is no last minute hitch

What a shame that would be if things went tits up and they were forced into liquidation

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:26 pm

I know Singh is getting the club for practically nothing but like other failing businesses he will need to pump money in to pay off debts and build a squad. Would probably cost half a million just for a top half national league squad let alone a one that could challenge promotion

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:30 pm

Today's HUST statement:

In response to requests from Members for an update on the Takeover we would like to make a brief statement.

In our last video update a fortnight ago, we made it crystal clear that having spoken to those involved, we could not envisage a scenario where the takeover would be completed until well after Easter. The deal, as we explained, needs to be ratified by the Board of The National League, and we understand this is extremely unlikely to happen for at least another 7 days.

Regards
John

Hartlepool United Supporters Trust
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 pm

He isn’t trying to avoid another pay day is he?

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:05 am

loan_star wrote:He isn’t trying to avoid another pay day is he?
Would be typical of the 'man', probably squeezing another whip round out of desperate Pools fans :thumbdown:

Nimrod

Post by Nimrod » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:14 pm

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there hasn’t been contact between Raj and MG. York with the new stadium are possibly a more attractive proposition than Pools. Deadline for offers on York is 30 April

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Nimrod wrote:I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there hasn’t been contact between Raj and MG. York with the new stadium are possibly a more attractive proposition than Pools. Deadline for offers on York is 30 April
If I was a Poolies fan I would be getting a little nervous that the takeover has not been finalised before now.Nobody seems to know why the hold up and the fans do not deserve this one little bit.Would Gray team up with Raj to preserve his love in with York and virtually guarantee liquidation for Pools.Surely Gray is not that ruthless...........is he.

Doddsy

Post by Doddsy » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:07 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Nimrod wrote:I wouldn’t be at all surprised if there hasn’t been contact between Raj and MG. York with the new stadium are possibly a more attractive proposition than Pools. Deadline for offers on York is 30 April
If I was a Poolies fan I would be getting a little nervous that the takeover has not been finalised before now.Nobody seems to know why the hold up and the fans do not deserve this one little bit.Would Gray team up with Raj to preserve his love in with York and virtually guarantee liquidation for Pools.Surely Gray is not that ruthless...........is he.

Why don’t they deserve it?

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:17 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

If I was a poolie fan I'd be too busy shouting at the moon and trying to shag my cousin to care.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:25 pm

Quakerman2 is still going on about Gray.

Next he'll be telling us Gray is to blame for the Skripals' poisoning.

Perhaps it's because Quakerman2 declared that Gray, after the infamous FF, was indisputably the right man to lead us forward. Quite the about turn.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 pm

Doddsy wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:

Why don’t they deserve it?
Why do they deserve it?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DC

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:30 pm

Darlogramps wrote:Quakerman2 is still going on about Gray.

Next he'll be telling us Gray is to blame for the Skripals' poisoning.
I wouldn’t put it past him.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017