Tamworth v Darlington Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Tamworth v Darlington Match Thread

Post by Spyman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Decent point and a clean sheet away from home. Probably more important not to lose that game than to win it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 am

Not sure how Tamworth are near the bottom, played some lovely stuff.

Great support from Darlo on a Tuesday night.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 am

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!
I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)
Also if Spenny,Blyth and Kiddie win there games in hand then York slip to 7th with 3 or 4 teams breathing down there necks.Again, apologies for the obsession.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
There us no need to apologise, I'm sure many of is have the same obsession as you including me. In listening to the commentary tonight, the commentator who comes from York, was equally delighted esch time Kidderminster scored.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am

My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!
No, I would be interested to know that too, a programme from the home game V Stockport would tell us this, however I can report that looking at the form table for the last ten games (which is a good measure) we are in 7th place with 18 points gained whilst the mighty YCFC are in 11th place with 15 points.

Tamworth are last on just 4 points!
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

andyatdarlo

Post by andyatdarlo » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am

I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 am

The match last night was far from a boring 0-0 with both teams having enough chances to win, Darlo having the best two by far with Styche just not reaching a cross and Mills inexplicable missing an easy chance. Tamworth were not a bad team at all. Lots of positives with Pears being exceptional, Vaulks being untroubled, Trotman is a high quality right back (a vast improvement on Marrs imho). We didn't have much link-up play between midfield and attack but when we got the ball down and played we looked good. I was satisfied with the draw (although it makes my record this year W1 D4 L3 and not seen us win since August). I am hopeful of a victory at Telford!

Pears 8
Trotman 7
O Hanlon 6
Galraith 7
Vaulks 7
Thompson 7
Gillies 7
Turnbull 7
Syers 6
Styche 6
Mills 4 - I just don't see anything in him in the games I have watched

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:The match last night was far from a boring 0-0 with both teams having enough chances to win, Darlo having the best two by far with Styche just not reaching a cross and Mills inexplicable missing an easy chance. Tamworth were not a bad team at all. Lots of positives with Pears being exceptional, Vaulks being untroubled, Trotman is a high quality right back (a vast improvement on Marrs imho). We didn't have much link-up play between midfield and attack but when we got the ball down and played we looked good. I was satisfied with the draw (although it makes my record this year W1 D4 L3 and not seen us win since August). I am hopeful of a victory at Telford!

Pears 8
Trotman 7
O Hanlon 6
Galraith 7
Vaulks 7
Thompson 7
Gillies 7
Turnbull 7
Syers 6
Styche 6
Mills 4 - I just don't see anything in him in the games I have watched
When we made our subs, did you think it made any improvement? The last couple of games demonstrated this lack of link-up between midfield and attack - possibly explained by the absence of Wheatley. For me, Caton & Mills don't add anything to the squad so I would be inclined to give the youngsters a chance (though perhaps once we have secured our place against relegation mathematically!). Glover, Saunders and the like are the future of our club so we should be developing them. :thumbup:

Darlo_Manc

Post by Darlo_Manc » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 pm

My opinion wrote:
Darlo - 17pts from 13 games
York - 15pts from 12 games

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm

Problems with the bullet train?

JE93

Post by JE93 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm

I guess when you're a part time team facing a long trip mid week a point is always a good result. Slightly disappointing that the last couple of performances we haven't quite been at the raced but to say that and still have 4 points from the two games is a good place to be.

I do think we miss Wheatley in CM. Think he gives Turnbull space to play by popping up in the pockets of space in midfield and being good enough on the ball to take the pass in those areas. Means a lot of the time Turnbull can play his first pass forward rather than sideways or backward which just invites the opposition on to pressure you. The words coming out from TW about him being dropped due to his training performances are interesting. I remember one of our players from the FA trophy season (maybe Arnison? ) saying something similar about Gary Smith. Not the hardest working Monday to Friday but a real competitior on a Saturday when It mattered. Hope he can force his way back into the team as he is a very good player.

Good to see Vaulks give another decent account of himself and Galbraith continue to keep other players out of the CB position. With Collins returning to fitness soon we will have lots of players vying for those two spots.

Moving on to the weekend against North Ferriby they have improved of late no doubt but we really need to be getting the win, finishing as high up the league as we can not only to give us good momentum going into next season but to show prospective players that we are a team who can mix it in and around the playoffs. Could be key if we're vying for players against Blyth, Spennymoor, (possibly pools) and South Shields.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:45 pm

How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:52 pm

150ish.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 pm

andyatdarlo wrote:I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?
Lucky to get home Andy.....we must be close to enough numbers for a Manc Darlo Supporters Club!

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?
As AP says about 150. We were in the home end for the first half and they made a lot of noise.Tamworth fans a decent bunch in their clubhouse.

Amazed it was segregated, Tamworth missed out on a few quid in the bar.
Last edited by MCFCDarlo3 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:Problems with the bullet train?
Think im a jinx.

Coming back from Darlo on Sunday the train was stopped and the wife and I had to get off some way before Manc Picc as there were Kurdish protesters on the line.

Within the space of 2 days Im having the same problem with people on the line delaying and nearly cancelling our train.

Not Kurds this time, just scrotes.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 pm

AndyPark wrote:150ish.
Thanks Andy that's a great following for a midweek game so far away. :clap:

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 pm

Problems indeed. At one point we thought we were stuck in Tamworth relying as we did on the last train and seeing the “cancelled” sign on the departure board
The bullet was only 45 minutes or so late but luckily so was the connection we had to pick up in Stoke otherwise we would have given literal expression to the “come (or in this case go home) in a taxi” chant.

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm

MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
andyatdarlo wrote:I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?
Lucky to get home Andy.....we must be close to enough numbers for a Manc Darlo Supporters Club!
After the last two trips (Curzon Ashton and Tamworth) there is no way I’m getting into a car with MCFCDarlo3.
My experience is that he’s a big enough jinx on trains.
Heaven knows what effect he has on cars but my guess would be we’d be lucky to get outside the M60 without a breakdown / flat tyre whatever.
Having said that of course he is probably thinking exactly the same about me.

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 pm

Darlo Dodger wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
After the last two trips (Curzon Ashton and Tamworth) there is no way I’m getting into a car with MCFCDarlo3.
My experience is that he’s a big enough jinx on trains.
Heaven knows what effect he has on cars but my guess would be we’d be lucky to get outside the M60 without a breakdown / flat tyre whatever.
Having said that of course he is probably thinking exactly the same about me.
Fair comment :)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am

Well done for those travels on a Tuesday night! At least it wasn't leaves on the line. There's quite a few of us across the North West.

MKDarlo

Post by MKDarlo » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 pm

I thought a draw was a fair result in a typical mid table tussle. Both sides had chances, both sides could have won it, neither did.

Mills took some stick but looked unfit. He clearly has some ability but fitness is holding him back. The problem was he left us wide open down one flank as he couldn't get up and down to help out his fullback. He shouldn't have been on the field but need must o guess.
Darlo Dodger wrote:
Problems indeed. At one point we thought we were stuck in Tamworth relying as we did on the last train and seeing the “cancelled” sign on the departure board
The bullet was only 45 minutes or so late but luckily so was the connection we had to pick up in Stoke otherwise we would have given literal expression to the “come (or in this case go home) in a taxi” chant.
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Think im a jinx.

Coming back from Darlo on Sunday the train was stopped and the wife and I had to get off some way before Manc Picc as there were Kurdish protesters on the line.

Within the space of 2 days Im having the same problem with people on the line delaying and nearly cancelling our train.

Sorry to hear you had a hard time getting home. I made my train back south thanks to a kind lift!

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm

Just watched the highlights.

Mills, wow, should have put it on a plate for Styche first half, second half he should have scored but ended up clearing the ball! However, the positives are that he does get into goal scoring situations.

Styche, again some really good chances, one he hit over the bar, I think he was trying some fancy flick or something. I remember Styche saying that players at this level are playing at this level for a reason, but sometimes if he just kept things simple he would score more goals.

We could have and should have nicked that game in the second half.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Equally we could have lost it in the second half.
Highlights don't always give a true picture over the 90 minutes, a draw was a fair result. Tamworth did not look like a team in freefall.

divas

Post by divas » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:09 pm

If Styche hadn’t had his hair cut we’d have won that

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?
About 150 were definitely at the game and another 50 were roughly there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

My opinion wrote:
I think it was 2 points.

Tommy has a better Darlo points per game stat than Gray now.

Would be cool to catch York, but maybe we are already getting de-stabilised from down the Vale of York. Definitely wont be Poolie tapping Wheatley.

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm

MKDarlo wrote:I thought a draw was a fair result in a typical mid table tussle. Both sides had chances, both sides could have won it, neither did.

Mills took some stick but looked unfit. He clearly has some ability but fitness is holding him back. The problem was he left us wide open down one flank as he couldn't get up and down to help out his fullback. He shouldn't have been on the field but need must o guess.
Darlo Dodger wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
Think im a jinx.

Sorry to hear you had a hard time getting home. I made my train back south thanks to a kind lift!
Been nothing said about Harvey Saunders not getting a run out, however I suppose a 2nd central midfielder was what we really missed more for the last two games.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:
My opinion wrote:

Tommy has a better Darlo points per game stat than Gray now.
Sadly not true.

Tommy still has a lower points per game than Gray & Brown/Turnbull unless you are taking that BPA game off Brown/Turnbull and giving it to Wright who was on the balcony.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:07 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Just watched the highlights.

Mills, wow, should have put it on a plate for Styche first half, second half he should have scored but ended up clearing the ball! However, the positives are that he does get into goal scoring situations.

Styche, again some really good chances, one he hit over the bar, I think he was trying some fancy flick or something. I remember Styche saying that players at this level are playing at this level for a reason, but sometimes if he just kept things simple he would score more goals.

We could have and should have nicked that game in the second half.
Mills should have defo scored in the second half, but I can't blame him for the first half one. I'm not sure why Styche didn't connect but I don't think the cross for him was bad