You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:09 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11484
Team Supported: Darlington
Decent point and a clean sheet away from home. Probably more important not to lose that game than to win it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Not sure how Tamworth are near the bottom, played some lovely stuff.

Great support from Darlo on a Tuesday night.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!


I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)

Also if Spenny,Blyth and Kiddie win there games in hand then York slip to 7th with 3 or 4 teams breathing down there necks.Again, apologies for the obsession.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk


There us no need to apologise, I'm sure many of is have the same obsession as you including me. In listening to the commentary tonight, the commentator who comes from York, was equally delighted esch time Kidderminster scored.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3596
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!


I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)


No, I would be interested to know that too, a programme from the home game V Stockport would tell us this, however I can report that looking at the form table for the last ten games (which is a good measure) we are in 7th place with 18 points gained whilst the mighty YCFC are in 11th place with 15 points.

Tamworth are last on just 4 points!

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:39 pm
Posts: 38
Team Supported: Darlington
I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:17 pm
Posts: 1168
Team Supported: Darlington
The match last night was far from a boring 0-0 with both teams having enough chances to win, Darlo having the best two by far with Styche just not reaching a cross and Mills inexplicable missing an easy chance. Tamworth were not a bad team at all. Lots of positives with Pears being exceptional, Vaulks being untroubled, Trotman is a high quality right back (a vast improvement on Marrs imho). We didn't have much link-up play between midfield and attack but when we got the ball down and played we looked good. I was satisfied with the draw (although it makes my record this year W1 D4 L3 and not seen us win since August). I am hopeful of a victory at Telford!

Pears 8
Trotman 7
O Hanlon 6
Galraith 7
Vaulks 7
Thompson 7
Gillies 7
Turnbull 7
Syers 6
Styche 6
Mills 4 - I just don't see anything in him in the games I have watched


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1185
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlobaz79 wrote:
The match last night was far from a boring 0-0 with both teams having enough chances to win, Darlo having the best two by far with Styche just not reaching a cross and Mills inexplicable missing an easy chance. Tamworth were not a bad team at all. Lots of positives with Pears being exceptional, Vaulks being untroubled, Trotman is a high quality right back (a vast improvement on Marrs imho). We didn't have much link-up play between midfield and attack but when we got the ball down and played we looked good. I was satisfied with the draw (although it makes my record this year W1 D4 L3 and not seen us win since August). I am hopeful of a victory at Telford!

Pears 8
Trotman 7
O Hanlon 6
Galraith 7
Vaulks 7
Thompson 7
Gillies 7
Turnbull 7
Syers 6
Styche 6
Mills 4 - I just don't see anything in him in the games I have watched


When we made our subs, did you think it made any improvement? The last couple of games demonstrated this lack of link-up between midfield and attack - possibly explained by the absence of Wheatley. For me, Caton & Mills don't add anything to the squad so I would be inclined to give the youngsters a chance (though perhaps once we have secured our place against relegation mathematically!). Glover, Saunders and the like are the future of our club so we should be developing them. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:17 am
Posts: 165
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!


I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)


Darlo - 17pts from 13 games
York - 15pts from 12 games


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1270
Team Supported: Darlington
Problems with the bullet train?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 1061
Team Supported: Darlington
I guess when you're a part time team facing a long trip mid week a point is always a good result. Slightly disappointing that the last couple of performances we haven't quite been at the raced but to say that and still have 4 points from the two games is a good place to be.

I do think we miss Wheatley in CM. Think he gives Turnbull space to play by popping up in the pockets of space in midfield and being good enough on the ball to take the pass in those areas. Means a lot of the time Turnbull can play his first pass forward rather than sideways or backward which just invites the opposition on to pressure you. The words coming out from TW about him being dropped due to his training performances are interesting. I remember one of our players from the FA trophy season (maybe Arnison? ) saying something similar about Gary Smith. Not the hardest working Monday to Friday but a real competitior on a Saturday when It mattered. Hope he can force his way back into the team as he is a very good player.

Good to see Vaulks give another decent account of himself and Galbraith continue to keep other players out of the CB position. With Collins returning to fitness soon we will have lots of players vying for those two spots.

Moving on to the weekend against North Ferriby they have improved of late no doubt but we really need to be getting the win, finishing as high up the league as we can not only to give us good momentum going into next season but to show prospective players that we are a team who can mix it in and around the playoffs. Could be key if we're vying for players against Blyth, Spennymoor, (possibly pools) and South Shields.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11164
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
150ish.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDDDLLLL


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
andyatdarlo wrote:
I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?


Lucky to get home Andy.....we must be close to enough numbers for a Manc Darlo Supporters Club!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Darlo_Pete wrote:
How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?


As AP says about 150. We were in the home end for the first half and they made a lot of noise.Tamworth fans a decent bunch in their clubhouse.

Amazed it was segregated, Tamworth missed out on a few quid in the bar.


Last edited by MCFCDarlo3 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?


Think im a jinx.

Coming back from Darlo on Sunday the train was stopped and the wife and I had to get off some way before Manc Picc as there were Kurdish protesters on the line.

Within the space of 2 days Im having the same problem with people on the line delaying and nearly cancelling our train.

Not Kurds this time, just scrotes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11104
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
150ish.


Thanks Andy that's a great following for a midweek game so far away. :clap:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Posts: 95
Team Supported: Darlington
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?

Problems indeed. At one point we thought we were stuck in Tamworth relying as we did on the last train and seeing the “cancelled” sign on the departure board
The bullet was only 45 minutes or so late but luckily so was the connection we had to pick up in Stoke otherwise we would have given literal expression to the “come (or in this case go home) in a taxi” chant.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Posts: 95
Team Supported: Darlington
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
andyatdarlo wrote:
I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?


Lucky to get home Andy.....we must be close to enough numbers for a Manc Darlo Supporters Club!


After the last two trips (Curzon Ashton and Tamworth) there is no way I’m getting into a car with MCFCDarlo3.
My experience is that he’s a big enough jinx on trains.
Heaven knows what effect he has on cars but my guess would be we’d be lucky to get outside the M60 without a breakdown / flat tyre whatever.
Having said that of course he is probably thinking exactly the same about me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 633
Location: Manchester
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City
Darlo Dodger wrote:
MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
andyatdarlo wrote:
I'd say a point well won. We are surely safe. Tamworth are in a dogfight, and we'll have similar at Telford. Great support last night, & enjoyed it notwithstanding the potential marooning of us 4 on Tamworth station! Car next time Mick/John/Ryan?


Lucky to get home Andy.....we must be close to enough numbers for a Manc Darlo Supporters Club!


After the last two trips (Curzon Ashton and Tamworth) there is no way I’m getting into a car with MCFCDarlo3.
My experience is that he’s a big enough jinx on trains.
Heaven knows what effect he has on cars but my guess would be we’d be lucky to get outside the M60 without a breakdown / flat tyre whatever.
Having said that of course he is probably thinking exactly the same about me.


Fair comment :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1270
Team Supported: Darlington
Well done for those travels on a Tuesday night! At least it wasn't leaves on the line. There's quite a few of us across the North West.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:39 pm
Posts: 997
Team Supported: Darlington
I thought a draw was a fair result in a typical mid table tussle. Both sides had chances, both sides could have won it, neither did.

Mills took some stick but looked unfit. He clearly has some ability but fitness is holding him back. The problem was he left us wide open down one flank as he couldn't get up and down to help out his fullback. He shouldn't have been on the field but need must o guess.

Darlo Dodger wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?

Problems indeed. At one point we thought we were stuck in Tamworth relying as we did on the last train and seeing the “cancelled” sign on the departure board
The bullet was only 45 minutes or so late but luckily so was the connection we had to pick up in Stoke otherwise we would have given literal expression to the “come (or in this case go home) in a taxi” chant.


MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?


Think im a jinx.

Coming back from Darlo on Sunday the train was stopped and the wife and I had to get off some way before Manc Picc as there were Kurdish protesters on the line.

Within the space of 2 days Im having the same problem with people on the line delaying and nearly cancelling our train.

Not Kurds this time, just scrotes.


Sorry to hear you had a hard time getting home. I made my train back south thanks to a kind lift!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1678
Team Supported: Darlington
Just watched the highlights.

Mills, wow, should have put it on a plate for Styche first half, second half he should have scored but ended up clearing the ball! However, the positives are that he does get into goal scoring situations.

Styche, again some really good chances, one he hit over the bar, I think he was trying some fancy flick or something. I remember Styche saying that players at this level are playing at this level for a reason, but sometimes if he just kept things simple he would score more goals.

We could have and should have nicked that game in the second half.

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 pm
Posts: 543
Location: Hereford
Team Supported: Darlington
Equally we could have lost it in the second half.
Highlights don't always give a true picture over the 90 minutes, a draw was a fair result. Tamworth did not look like a team in freefall.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12532
Team Supported: Darlington
If Styche hadn’t had his hair cut we’d have won that


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11484
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
How many Darlo fans were roughly at the game?
About 150 were definitely at the game and another 50 were roughly there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1260
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!


I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)


I think it was 2 points.

Tommy has a better Darlo points per game stat than Gray now.

Would be cool to catch York, but maybe we are already getting de-stabilised from down the Vale of York. Definitely wont be Poolie tapping Wheatley.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1260
Team Supported: Darlington
MKDarlo wrote:
I thought a draw was a fair result in a typical mid table tussle. Both sides had chances, both sides could have won it, neither did.

Mills took some stick but looked unfit. He clearly has some ability but fitness is holding him back. The problem was he left us wide open down one flank as he couldn't get up and down to help out his fullback. He shouldn't have been on the field but need must o guess.

Darlo Dodger wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?

Problems indeed. At one point we thought we were stuck in Tamworth relying as we did on the last train and seeing the “cancelled” sign on the departure board
The bullet was only 45 minutes or so late but luckily so was the connection we had to pick up in Stoke otherwise we would have given literal expression to the “come (or in this case go home) in a taxi” chant.


MCFCDarlo3 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:
Problems with the bullet train?


Think im a jinx.

Coming back from Darlo on Sunday the train was stopped and the wife and I had to get off some way before Manc Picc as there were Kurdish protesters on the line.

Within the space of 2 days Im having the same problem with people on the line delaying and nearly cancelling our train.

Not Kurds this time, just scrotes.


Sorry to hear you had a hard time getting home. I made my train back south thanks to a kind lift!

Been nothing said about Harvey Saunders not getting a run out, however I suppose a 2nd central midfielder was what we really missed more for the last two games.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4996
Team Supported: Darlington
Neil Johnson wrote:
My opinion wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
I've been looking at the table, after tonight we've now let in less goals than York!


I too have checked the league table, I see we are 10 points behind York.
Does anyone know how many points we were behind York when MG left us?
(Sorry for the obsession)




Tommy has a better Darlo points per game stat than Gray now.


Sadly not true.

Tommy still has a lower points per game than Gray & Brown/Turnbull unless you are taking that BPA game off Brown/Turnbull and giving it to Wright who was on the balcony.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1555
Team Supported: Darlington
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Just watched the highlights.

Mills, wow, should have put it on a plate for Styche first half, second half he should have scored but ended up clearing the ball! However, the positives are that he does get into goal scoring situations.

Styche, again some really good chances, one he hit over the bar, I think he was trying some fancy flick or something. I remember Styche saying that players at this level are playing at this level for a reason, but sometimes if he just kept things simple he would score more goals.

We could have and should have nicked that game in the second half.


Mills should have defo scored in the second half, but I can't blame him for the first half one. I'm not sure why Styche didn't connect but I don't think the cross for him was bad


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group