Darlington v North Ferriby

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerste
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington v North Ferriby

Post by quakerste » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm

There were a couple of scouts at the game today.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:52 am

boy scouts?

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:53 am

attendance was 1087

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:23 am

I didn't realise that Thommo has now scored after yesterday's 2 goals, 84 in total which is only 15 behind our all time record goal scorer Alan Walsh on 99. Now that he has signed a new 2 year deal, he must have every chance of being the first Darlo player in our history to reach 3 figures.

bertbanger

Post by bertbanger » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 am

hes also our top scorer this season on 11 goals!

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 am

bertbanger wrote:hes also our top scorer this season on 11 goals!
Think Thompson only has 10 this season, all league goals.

Styche also has 10, 8 league and 2 cup.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:I didn't realise that Thommo has now scored after yesterday's 2 goals, 84 in total which is only 15 behind our all time record goal scorer Alan Walsh on 99. Now that he has signed a new 2 year deal, he must have every chance of being the first Darlo player in our history to reach 3 figures.
Would be brilliant if Thommo gets his 100th goal and be our all time record goalscorer.Without doubt he will do it and really hope it will be at BM.What a signing he has been for us, right up there with the best.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

en passant

Post by en passant » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:09 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I didn't realise that Thommo has now scored after yesterday's 2 goals, 84 in total which is only 15 behind our all time record goal scorer Alan Walsh on 99. Now that he has signed a new 2 year deal, he must have every chance of being the first Darlo player in our history to reach 3 figures.
I thought when I first read this that it didn't quite sound right, so I went back to check with the Darlo stats bible - Frank Tweddle's The Definitive Darlington FC. According to this Alan Walsh scored exactly 100 goals for Darlo, 87 league, 6 FA Cup, and 7 FL Cup. So Thommo will not be the first to score a ton, but may well have every chance of becoming the club's all time top scorer.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:39 pm

en passant wrote:
I thought when I first read this that it didn't quite sound right, so I went back to check with the Darlo stats bible - Frank Tweddle's The Definitive Darlington FC. According to this Alan Walsh scored exactly 100 goals for Darlo, 87 league, 6 FA Cup, and 7 FL Cup. So Thommo will not be the first to score a ton, but may well have every chance of becoming the club's all time top scorer.
Ok sorry, I always thought Walshy had got 99 when he went to Bristol City.

Yer-Da-Sells-Avon
Team Supported: -

Post by Yer-Da-Sells-Avon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Well done Darlo :thumbup:
Ground Grading inspector and Counter of seats

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:12 pm

I know it was only North Ferriby, but there were some very pleasing contributions. Great to see Wheatley back in the team and Gillies back amongst the goals. I hope we can get Glover signed up to a contract when he turns 17 - a couple of very impressive contributions when he came on yesterday.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:38 pm

Good to see Gillies was awarded MOTM.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:13 pm

Yer-Da-Sells-Avon wrote:Well done Darlo :thumbup:
Mr Pickle????

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:06 am

Emdubya wrote:
Yer-Da-Sells-Avon wrote:Well done Darlo :thumbup:
Mr Pickle????
Thought the same :|

Nigel Batches Beard

Post by Nigel Batches Beard » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:24 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:The conditions are more likely to favour North Ferriby, as it will even things up and we will lose the edge that we would have had in skill levels.
:lol:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:32 am

Nigel Batches Beard wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:The conditions are more likely to favour North Ferriby, as it will even things up and we will lose the edge that we would have had in skill levels.
Yeh pleased to admit I was wrong on that one. :lol:

Thought Ray Simpson bottled it when interviewing Whitey after the match, when he didn't ask about his sending off?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 am

Looking at the highlights and reliving the cold, it's a wonder any type of football was played at all, it was like watching a match played on the summit of a windblown Cairngorm Mountain.

Darlo pushed the Crud encrusted ball around quite well considering, whilst some of the Ferriby players were just going through the motions.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:21 pm

We did well, but North Ferriby have got to be the worst team we've played in a number of years. Firstly, their warm up didn't seem to include any coaches - amateurish. Secondly, when they had the wind in the first half, their tactics were to put 10 behind the ball. Individually they were pretty woeful. Feel sorry for the fans that turned up to watch them. Easiest game we will have in a long time

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:57 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Nigel Batches Beard wrote:
Yeh pleased to admit I was wrong on that one. :lol:

Thought Ray Simpson bottled it when interviewing Whitey after the match, when he didn't ask about his sending off?
He bottles it every time!!!

Neil Johnson

Post by Neil Johnson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Wise to rest our 3 most productive players and give the others a chance. Darlo could have humiliated the opposition, causing some physical retribution and bad relations between clubs. North Ferriby are having a dire time and didnt need their noses rubbed into it. More goal difference would have been welcome, but hopefully that can be sorted in the next 7 games. We have bested Blyth and Spenny on run ins before and Kiddy could also bottle it. Blind Faith of fans has sometimes been rewarded in Darlo's past, so keep on hoping.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:46 pm

Neil Johnson wrote:Darlo could have humiliated the opposition, causing some physical retribution and bad relations between clubs.
Who cares about relations between us and a club based in Hull? Eh.
Neil Johnson wrote:North Ferriby are having a dire time and didnt need their noses rubbed into it.
Again, who cares? We humiliated them and could have had 10. Of course I wanted to see us rub their noses in it. They're at the bottom for a reason & we don't have time to show sentiment to others.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:19 am

Just been reading some interesting stuff on N Ferriby and their demise. They apparently started this season with a budget of £76,000 and then that was cut by a third. They currently pay £1,600 in wages per week. To put that into perspective, Nick Haughton, who Salford bought from Fleetwood, is said to be on £2,500 per week.

The fans of North Ferriby have just rejected the chairman's bid to move them to Dunswell, deciding to stay in Ferriby. But another meeting about the club's future will be held on May 1. They could go under or have to drop much further down the pyramid.

Hard to believe they were FA Trophy winners and a National League side so recently. I suppose a village side has to find its own level once the bankrolling prop is pulled away. The chairman reckons they've got 70 to 100 "ardent supporters."

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:38 am

You could quite easily edit/replace Ferriby with Sunderland ;)

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:19 pm

LoidLucan wrote: I suppose a village side has to find its own level once the bankrolling prop is pulled away."
Is that a dig at Spennymoor? Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat May 05, 2018 6:36 pm

There's a great story about the owner of N Ferriby now proposing to breathe new life into the club by turning the ground into a travellers' site to boost revenue. I thought it might be an April 1 story but, no, he reckons he can squeeze 46 caravans onto the site. I think he's trying to wind up the local Nimby types :D .....

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/f ... nd-1483382