O'Hanlon signs new contract

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

al_quaker
Team Supported: Darlington

O'Hanlon signs new contract

Post by al_quaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 am

jjljks

Re: O'Hanlon signs new contract

Post by jjljks » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Great to have another talented young player signed up and demonstrating his commitment to the club. Hope this is a blueprint for the future.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 pm

great news. Tommy is slowly building the team up for next year. Interest to see who else will be signing on over the weekend.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:29 pm

D_F_C wrote:great news. Tommy is slowly building the team up for next year. Interest to see who else will be signing on over the weekend.
How long was Troutman's contract?

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 pm

JamesDarlo wrote:
D_F_C wrote:great news. Tommy is slowly building the team up for next year. Interest to see who else will be signing on over the weekend.
If he signs a longer contract, I think it will be a bit fishy

JE93

Post by JE93 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Think Trotman was a 2 year contract especially as we paid a fee for him from nuneaton. Can't remember what Thompson's situation is or Syers, but they should be players we want tied down to contracts for next year. In addition not sure when Glovers 17th birthday is so we can get him on a contract so we are protacted should some interested clubs come calling.

Not 100% sure, but I think the players who will be out of contract in the summer are: Hunter, Brown, Portas, Marrs, Scott, Wheatley. There may be a couple of that he younger lads to add to that list but don't know what kind of contracts Gray was giving to them.

Add to that list Burgess who has a another year on his contract but who we will likely be looking to move on.

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:08 pm

Darlobaz79 wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
If he signs a longer contract he'll be hooked.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:10 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlobaz79 wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
I glad we have reeled him in on a longer line... Just hope he ain't a small fish in a large pond..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:26 pm

JE93 wrote:Think Trotman was a 2 year contract especially as we paid a fee for him from nuneaton. Can't remember what Thompson's situation is or Syers, but they should be players we want tied down to contracts for next year. In addition not sure when Glovers 17th birthday is so we can get him on a contract so we are protacted should some interested clubs come calling.

Not 100% sure, but I think the players who will be out of contract in the summer are: Hunter, Brown, Portas, Marrs, Scott, Wheatley. There may be a couple of that he younger lads to add to that list but don't know what kind of contracts Gray was giving to them.

Add to that list Burgess who has a another year on his contract but who we will likely be looking to move on.
Thompson is out of contract in the summer, alongside Hunter, Galbraith, Portas, Scott, Milburn & Wheatley.

Under contract are Marrs, Trotman, Brown, Collins, Heaton, Vaulks, Burgess, O'Hanlon, Gillies, Turnbull, Syers, Caton and Saunders.

Unsure on Mills & Styche but sure they will be as we paid fees for both.

Glover I presume will sign a contract in April, once he has turned 17.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:31 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:
Darlobaz79 wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
I glad we have reeled him in on a longer line... Just hope he ain't a small fish in a large pond..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Set myself right up for all of these :crazy: bravo

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Possibly a new contract for Wheatley and perhaps Styche.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Possibly a new contract for Wheatley and perhaps Styche.
Would like Tom Portas and Chris Hunter given contracts, very unlucky with injuries but far too good not to have them with us.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:31 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:Possibly a new contract for Wheatley and perhaps Styche.
Would like Tom Portas and Chris Hunter given contracts, very unlucky with injuries but far too good not to have them with us.

I agree if Portas is not given a contract I'd give up

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:36 pm

I hope Troutman keeps his plaice.

en passant

Post by en passant » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:20 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:I hope Troutman keeps his plaice.
Really there's no need to go overboard about these issues. He's probably angling for a new deal, but if he's had his chips there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Thompson now signed a new two-year deal.

Excellent news.

Now for Hunter, Galbraith & Portas.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:41 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:Thompson now signed a new two-year deal.

Excellent news.

Got to get these 3 on contracts even though Hunter and Portas have had a tough season but still quality players.Wheatley will probably sign for him at York and Tom would slot back into that role and Chris can cover the RB and CB positions.Our squad will really start to keep shape and with 3 really good signings.........roll on.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Where ever Wheatley goes, from what Wright said the other day we'll be due a fee because of his age. Maybe if we keep him until after v9 he might end up with a league two side after him, that's a bit of a carrot for him to hang fire.

It's weird really, because gray didn't seem that bothered about him when he was here.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:53 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:Thompson now signed a new two-year deal.

Excellent news.

Got to get these 3 on contracts even though Hunter and Portas have had a tough season but still quality players.Wheatley will probably sign for him at York and Tom would slot back into that role and Chris can cover the RB and CB positions.Our squad will really start to keep shape and with 3 really good signings.........roll on.

Or we may be cutting our budget and have to release one or two of them, or even Wright may wish to bring other players in if he can.

We have something like 22 players currently signed with no permanent goalkeeper, with a reduced player budget them Wright may need to make some moves out to be able to bring players in.

From the players Wright has brought in then I would trust him to make those hard decisions.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:07 pm

I hope TW keeps the squad together and doesn't cast anyone out. He'd have to trawl around or we'd get battered by the top sides and find it hard to stay afloat. I'll stop now as I feel like a pollock.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:24 pm

We are quite well covered in centre midfield and centre back, but not up front. If I had to guess we'll see one cb leave, one cm leave, maybe two depending on wheatley, and bring in a centre forward.

I'd also expect marrs to go, obviously, and maybe a keeper to come in.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:00 pm

I'd want Portas to prove his fitness before getting a new deal. He's spent much of the last two seasons injured and we've stood by him but there comes a point where we've got to cut our losses if he's rarely going to be available.

Less so Hunter who has had one serious injury, but I'd still expect him to re-establish himself before getting a new deal.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

divas

Post by divas » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:21 pm

If you want all of those players signing up we’re going to have to put our hands in our pockets

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:34 pm

divas wrote:If you want all of those players signing up we’re going to have to put our hands in our pockets
Yep I'd only expect Portas to stay if Wheatley goes, and we need to move Burgess and Marrs, and one more on to justify keeping Hunter.

Heaton, Galbraith, Collins, Brown, Vaulks and Hunter is way more cover than we need in central defence.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

JE93

Post by JE93 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Spyman wrote:
divas wrote:If you want all of those players signing up we’re going to have to put our hands in our pockets
Yep I'd only expect Portas to stay if Wheatley goes, and we need to move Burgess and Marrs, and one more on to justify keeping Hunter.

Heaton, Galbraith, Collins, Brown, Vaulks and Hunter is way more cover than we need in central defence.

I was thinking something similar. However if Heaton and Wheatley move on then that looks about right to me.

As you've already said we need to make sure Marrs and Burgess are moved on. Surely a Goal Keeper and a second striker have to be priority over the summer. Although. You never know who will become available and we should always be will to look at players if they improve the squad.

ex-exile

Post by ex-exile » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 pm

How can we afford to keep Portas even though he WAS a good player when he was fit,his injuries this season must put him on the doubtfully list to be resigned,unfortunately there can be no sentiment in football if we are to succeed.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:46 pm

ex-exile wrote:How can we afford to keep Portas even though he WAS a good player when he was fit,his injuries this season must put him on the doubtfully list to be resigned,unfortunately there can be no sentiment in football if we are to succeed.
Well we don't have a massive amount of central midfield players so could be worth an offer, depending on fitness. We certainly need to offload at least 3 defenders including Burgess, Marrs and one other, maybe Heaton could be the other if he moves on.

We know we need another forward, so with finances the way they are some players will have to leave. Similar to Cartman going really, some time things just move on.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:57 pm

I'd be looking at giving Portas and Hunter rolling contracts. Gives them a chance to prove their fitness. If they can't or they don't like playing second fiddle then the player or manager can make a decision.