You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:56 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Posts: 24
Team Supported: Darlington
A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 387
Team Supported: Darlington
mikkyx wrote:
The squad last year (which lost 6-1 to Corby) was:
Emile Heskey, Kevin Davies, Stan Varga, Eider Gudjohnsen, William Gallas, Mark Crossley, Dion Dublin, Darren Anderton, Danny Mills, Chris Waddle, Stiliyan Petrov, Trevor Sinclair, Alan Stubbs, Danny Murphy, Matty Holland, Nigel Winterburn, Ian Harte, Matt Elliott - managed by Peter Reid.

Of those, Stubbs, Mills, Waddle and Heskey are confirmed back this year, so far joined by Richard Dunne (so we should manage at least an own goal), Kieron Dyer, Joleon Lescott, Luke Young and Wayne Bridge.


Some decent names on there. Glad to see the use of the term 'legends' is not quite so, let's say, loose, as some premier league clubs (eg Man U's legends feature Bojan Djordjic, 1 league appearnce; Liverpool's features Bob Bolder, 0 apps). The Guardian's 'The Knowledge' column has been looking at this recently https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/04/which-legends-boast-the-fewest-appearances-for-their-football-club and https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/11/was-irelands-italia-90-vintage-the-world-cups-most-cosmopolitan-side


Last edited by biccynana on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11005
Team Supported: Darlington
It would be interesting to see the voting figures. i suspect we'll have won by quite a handsome margin.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 387
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlopartisan wrote:
A big mention to Gary Brown who’s massive leap into the snow made the goal celebration look even better :clap:


That's a good point actually. GB's leap is spectacular - hadn't noticed it before but just rewatched the shortlist.

Speaking of which Lawrenson says (https://youtu.be/eRfXyA46ykE?t=79) it was one of two DFC entrants (obviously only one made it to the shortlist). Anyone any idea what the other entry was?

And also, I see last year's winners got only 10k, so we picked the right year to win it :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1249
Team Supported: Darlington
Brilliant news. Well done everyone. Just what we needed!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11115
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
biccynana wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
A big mention to Gary Brown who’s massive leap into the snow made the goal celebration look even better :clap:


That's a good point actually. GB's leap is spectacular - hadn't noticed it before but just rewatched the shortlist.

Speaking of which Lawrenson says (https://youtu.be/eRfXyA46ykE?t=79) it was one of two DFC entrants (obviously only one made it to the shortlist). Anyone any idea what the other entry was?

And also, I see last year's winners got only 10k, so we picked the right year to win it :thumbup:

I’m assuming it was the one vs York with the barrel roll.

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWWDDD


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:25 am
Posts: 1118
Team Supported: Darlington
DARLO333 wrote:
A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?


Must have been and also a great still photo of Styche & Brown in mid-air. I usually manage to find video highlights of matches but can't seem to track down that Darlo v Chorley game. Anyone able to help with a link, please?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 3663
jjljks wrote:
DARLO333 wrote:
A huge thanks to the camera man as well it must be said. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it a fan that captured the footage and shared it to be used in this completion ?


Must have been and also a great still photo of Styche & Brown in mid-air. I usually manage to find video highlights of matches but can't seem to track down that Darlo v Chorley game. Anyone able to help with a link, please?


I think Kev missed that game as he was away - thankfully, as has been said further up, someone else was on hand to at least record the celebration!

Doesn't look like Chorley did their own highlights?

_________________
Mike Price - @mikkyx
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: £20,000 PRIZE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 371
Team Supported: Darlington
Just been on look north


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group