Fans talk back forum

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

robsraiders
Team Supported: Darlington

Fans talk back forum

Post by robsraiders » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Any one coming down to the meeting at the Quaker House ?

Tony and I will be there from 6.30 onward with fellow Director Lee Kilcran with us too.

It would be good to see a few down

50 years

Re: Fans talk back forum

Post by 50 years » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Sorry Rob, forgot this was on and went to a birthday do in York. Would have attended otherwise as nice place to have a chat with others like last time and good pint.

dfcdfcdfc

Post by dfcdfcdfc » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:07 pm

How did this go? Any revelations come out of it?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 pm

dfcdfcdfc wrote:How did this go? Any revelations come out of it?
Nothing at all.

Other than 4 members of the Board and one volunteer from one of the workstreams, nobody turned up so it appears this isn't something that the fans really want.

A suggestion had been made to us that having a regular informal get together in the town centre would be useful, allowing fans to ask questions face-to-face with answers being given on the spot. We have given it a go but if it doesn't work out that's fine, we all have other tasks we can do within our own workstreams instead; so we'll try again next month and see what the situation is after that.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:38 pm

We hear that not enough is done to communicate with the fans, well we have tried and as above no one turned up wasting 2 1/2 hours of our time, sad to say this but are people bothered in trying to help us find out what they want ?

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:16 pm

I think the timing was unfortunate with a fans forum organised for this Friday.

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 pm

Not at all Pete this was about things that TW and AW cannot answer at a forum, apathy rules ok, loads of fans want to know things ie just look on here for example but ask them to get off there arses and come out for a few minutes well ..........

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:29 pm

I think Pete may be partly right. There's been an extensive survey and discussion about possible improvements, there's a forum next week and all the heavy infrastructure we would need for promotion is in place so maybe Rob it's positivity rather than apathy?

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 am

It isn't really a big deal to be honest. Our Board have tried to be very open and honest with the fan base and are trying to improve the areas that people have given us feedback about, communication being one of them.

One suggestion was about having the option of informal conversations so we decided to give it a try for 3 months. For the two months we have held these to date, we have had board members from different workstreams in attendance and to be fair, we had some good suggestions at the first event which, despite low numbers, was a positive experience.

If it transpires this isn't what the fan base wants, that's fine - we can cancel them and work on other priorities.
Alun's promise to the fans: “I’ll make sure I’ll bring players in that are value for money and I want players that want to play for Darlington Football Club, want to progress and move up the league and show the fans that passion.”

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:42 am

2 and a half hours at the Quakerhouse - certainly not wasted time in my view. Mini beer festival!

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:05 am

A lot of Darlo fans live out of town.

The "Netcafe" thing is the answer here - thought can be given to both the question and the answer, then the info remains online.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am

Allan Quatermain wrote:It isn't really a big deal to be honest....If it transpires this isn't what the fan base wants, that's fine - we can cancel them and work on other priorities.
I appreciate that it may feel like wasted time for those who put the effort in but sometime for progression there is an element of sacrifice. Try things if they don't work move on...bit of agile delivery there...

m62exile

Post by m62exile » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:37 am

Allan Quatermain wrote:It isn't really a big deal to be honest. Our Board have tried to be very open and honest with the fan base and are trying to improve the areas that people have given us feedback about, communication being one of them.

One suggestion was about having the option of informal conversations so we decided to give it a try for 3 months. For the two months we have held these to date, we have had board members from different workstreams in attendance and to be fair, we had some good suggestions at the first event which, despite low numbers, was a positive experience.

If it transpires this isn't what the fan base wants, that's fine - we can cancel them and work on other priorities.
Think that's a very good way to look at it, there's always got to be a bit of trial and error with initiatives like this. All credit for trying it.

All part of the improving communication efforts - if you know this isn't the way fans want to engage then you can eliminate it and focus on other ideas.

Hope you had a few beers whilst you were evaluating things ;)

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:19 pm

And if people start moaning about lack of communication we can remind them of the missed opportunity for chat....and beer!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:34 pm

theoriginalfatcat wrote:A lot of Darlo fans live out of town.

The "Netcafe" thing is the answer here - thought can be given to both the question and the answer, then the info remains online.
I think this is it. To me the idea of a formal meeting at a venue just seems a little outdated (maybe I'm wrong). A fans forum is a little different of course, but for smaller scale events I think an online option would be better.

Or perhaps there's just not that much for people to find out about right now? I think robsraiders describing it as apathy is a bit strong. More that there are probably more effective ways of reaching and engaging people.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:00 pm

robsraiders wrote:Not at all Pete this was about things that TW and AW cannot answer at a forum, apathy rules ok, loads of fans want to know things ie just look on here for example but ask them to get off there arses and come out for a few minutes well ..........
perhaps more a sign of the times combined with things going pretty well at the mo?

people these days get a lot of info & comms sent from a variety of sources - usually -
delivered into a single device - usually hand held. Hence, it's becoming easier for people to ask / demand info & comms - but forget your request isn't quite that - in this case it's a two way piece....

Allan Quatermain

Post by Allan Quatermain » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:14 pm

m62exile wrote:
Allan Quatermain wrote:It isn't really a big deal to be honest. Our Board have tried to be very open and honest with the fan base and are trying to improve the areas that people have given us feedback about, communication being one of them.

Think that's a very good way to look at it, there's always got to be a bit of trial and error with initiatives like this. All credit for trying it.

All part of the improving communication efforts - if you know this isn't the way fans want to engage then you can eliminate it and focus on other ideas.

Hope you had a few beers whilst you were evaluating things ;)
Ha, I wish... I went there straight from work so I was driving and couldn't partake!

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:41 pm

Plan was for a Talk Back Forum tomorrow but have decided to cancel it due to work commitments of panel, we hope to give it another go in the future
Any questions PM or email me at rob.duncan@darlingtonfc.org