Joe Wheatley

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

D_F_C
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Joe Wheatley

Post by D_F_C » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:07 pm

Foley is a very good player, but I agree with someone who pointed out that he will be on a 2 year deal, so unless we splash the cash, which I don't particularly want then he'll be a spenny player next year.

From what I remember of Ramshaw's loan spell was that we played so much better with him in the team. It was a year where we struggled for Centre Mids and after he left I think we struggled

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:33 pm

LoidLucan wrote: And that Fewster lad who was on our team photo until he heard the "vibe". Did anyone notice he came on for Ramshaw last night? Something's gone badly wrong for him there, he's only a bit-part player and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
Supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread last summer, wasn't he?

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:45 pm

The meltdown when Fewster chose the big bucks of Spennymoor over us was unreal.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course but nevertheless it was a big overreaction.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:27 am

lo36789 wrote:
Spyman wrote:Sounds similar to Caton.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
A winger or a winger who thinks he’s a striker?
And wears gloves? :lol:

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 am

Fewster 16 appearances, 0 goals and Styche 13 appearances 7 goals. Looks like the right decision.

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:Fewster 16 appearances, 0 goals and Styche 13 appearances 7 goals. Looks like the right decision.
Styche has 13 in 19 now I believe

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 am

Even better!

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:22 am

Darlo2807 wrote:
don'tbuythesun wrote:Fewster 16 appearances, 0 goals and Styche 13 appearances 7 goals. Looks like the right decision.
Styche has 13 in 19 now I believe
Fewster did nothing when he came on, thank god Gray did not complete the signing and he opted for the vibes within Spennymoor FC.Reece has been a great signing by Tommy, I remember last season when we played Nuneaton thinking their CF was an annoying wind up merchant and wishing we had someone like that.He is a beast of a CF and the perfect fit for us.Get another quality forward for next season with possibly a couple more good signings and we have the makings of a cracking side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:36 am

I said the same about Styche before we signed him. I remember the Nuneaton match and it just so happens the match v us was one of his 3 loan games for them. He ragged fuck out of us all afternoon, and at the time I wished we had someone like him up front for us.

He's a proper menace and always has been - decent goalscoring record roughly 1 in 3 throughout his career spent mostly the next level up. The only criticism others could level at him before we signed him was the number of previous clubs/loan spells that he had. He spent a few seasons at Forest Green then did a Richard Brodie.

Hopefully he can settle with us for a couple of seasons at least and become a legend.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:37 am

Just look at the impact on Tamworth if losing Styche, they’re probably going to be relegated from being mid table. We could have been in the same position had he not come in and scored those early goals which breathed confidence throughout the team

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:46 am

The Tamworth fans reckon that losing Styche is one of the main reasons why they're going down.

The audio interview with him on the official site is worth a listen, talking about the Darlo fans and how he's looking forward to next season. He says we are "incredible".... and who could disagree with that :clap: .

And if you need your books doing he could the man for you because he's an accountant.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:10 pm

LoidLucan wrote:The Tamworth fans reckon that losing Styche is one of the main reasons why they're going down.

The audio interview with him on the official site is worth a listen, talking about the Darlo fans and how he's looking forward to next season. He says we are "incredible".... and who could disagree with that :clap: .

And if you need your books doing he could the man for you because he's an accountant.
We are certainly counting on him to score more goals like the equalizer at Spennymoor. You could see on his face he was Absolutely committed to getting into the box and blasting it past their keeper. More please! :clap:

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:50 pm

divas wrote:Just look at the impact on Tamworth if losing Styche, they’re probably going to be relegated from being mid table. We could have been in the same position had he not come in and scored those early goals which breathed confidence throughout the team
Tamworth officially down now. Form since Reece left has been abysmal.