Telford V Darlington FC match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

PierremontQuaker03
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Telford V Darlington FC match thread

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Sounded from our commentary Telford had the better of the game and we sounded as though we were happy with a point.
The point keeps us far enough from the relegtion zone but unfortunately with little chance of the playoffs.
Again another important thing is that we kept another clean sheet without playing great.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:35 pm

A spirited defence, turnbull was the font of all our good play, etc

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:36 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Sounded from our commentary Telford had the better of the game and we sounded as though we were happy with a point.
The point keeps us far enough from the relegtion zone but unfortunately with little chance of the playoffs.
Again another important thing is that we kept another clean sheet without playing great.
Yeah, that's a fair summary.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:39 pm

tdk1 wrote:We really missed syers, don't know where he was
Picked up a thigh strain last Sat but should be back at training on Thurs according to TW http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/tom ... pre-match/

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:44 pm

The five-hour coach journey due to traffic mayhem won't have helped the players. Is it right that the supporters' coach also didn't arrive until 15 minutes after kick-off.

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:45 pm

Not sure what to make of that game to be honest. Solid as a rock defensively but incredibly frustrating up top. We look very weak without Syers and Styche playing together as the ball just wouldn’t stick in the Telford half with Saunders on his own.

I thought we were excellent in defence and Pears was solid, does anything faze that lad? Trotman my man of the match.

On a side note I’m very relieved we didn’t sign that Eli’s Deeney, looked overweight and spent the majority of the game whining.
Last edited by Darlo_CR on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

shawry

Post by shawry » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:56 pm

LoidLucan wrote:The five-hour coach journey due to traffic mayhem won't have helped the players. Is it right that the supporters' coach also didn't arrive until 15 minutes after kick-off.
That will be right, I set off in my car to a arrive for 2.30 but the accident meant a 4.30 arrival so at 3.10 I turned around.

Incredibly annoying :(

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Stood near Styche who said he was feeling unwell at half time.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:14 pm

Tricky game on a terrible pitch today. Overall, a point was well deserved neither team did enough to win. The ref, once again, wanted to be star of the show with bemusing decisions on both sides. Positives - a clean sheet. Negatives - never got going in the second half with Styche off.

Pears 7
Trotman 8 (I really rate this fella)
O'Hanlon 7
Galbraith 7
Heaton 6
Turnbull 7
Wheatley 6
Thompson 6
Gillies 6
Caton 5
Styche 6 (had a calf strain withdrawn at half time)

Scott 6
Saunders 5

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:47 pm

Made late decision to go to game and stop over, booked hotel and made right decision to come over the m62 and m6.
Unfortunatly game poor with Telford dominating most of the game and but for some poor finishing by them we could have gone in at half time a few goals down. Never created a chance during the game although Wheatley had a great shot from a free kick but just wide and we did have 5 mins of pressure near the end. Felt sorry for Styche and Saunders as they were isolated all game (we sorely missed Syres). We were not winning any second balls all game. Defended well but most of pressure created by ourselves being unable to hold the ball (often reverting to booting the ball forward to no one ala MG tactics). TW has tried playing three "wingers" a few times and it has not worked for us (tommo, gillies,catton today). Last two games away we have been poor against lower teams while home games excellent football played. Only three wins all season away must point to something needed for next year, not sure what but we are short of something.
Good away following again today who backed the team till the end.
I am sure TW will get it sorted for next season.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:03 pm

50 years wrote:Made late decision to go to game and stop over, booked hotel and made right decision to come over the m62 and m6.
Unfortunatly game poor with Telford dominating most of the game and but for some poor finishing by them we could have gone in at half time a few goals down. Never created a chance during the game although Wheatley had a great shot from a free kick but just wide and we did have 5 mins of pressure near the end. Felt sorry for Styche and Saunders as they were isolated all game (we sorely missed Syres). We were not winning any second balls all game. Defended well but most of pressure created by ourselves being unable to hold the ball (often reverting to booting the ball forward to no one ala MG tactics). TW has tried playing three "wingers" a few times and it has not worked for us (tommo, gillies,catton today). Last two games away we have been poor against lower teams while home games excellent football played. Only three wins all season away must point to something needed for next year, not sure what but we are short of something.
Good away following again today who backed the team till the end.
I am sure TW will get it sorted for next season.
We are short of a forward/focal point when Styche & then Syers are not available, which showed today. We couldn't keep the ball forward for any sustained period especially 2nd half when Styche had departed.

Don't think this will be any surprise to Tommy from what people have said he mentioned at the fans forum.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:10 pm

CR....I'm relieved too. We definitely don't want a player who drinks while he's playing.

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:48 am

Team put a lot of effort in not to lose the game but very little threat going forward.

Good support but felt sorry for the supporters coach who had a bad journey down.

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:54 am

At least they got there. Imagine if you'd been on it!!

Darlo_CR

Post by Darlo_CR » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:03 am

don'tbuythesun wrote:CR....I'm relieved too. We definitely don't want a player who drinks while he's playing.
Oops my mistake. :lol:

OHDFC

Post by OHDFC » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:25 pm

joejaques wrote:Thanks for the commentary lads. :roll:
After what happened yesterday I don't think I'll with Darlo Fans Radio for a couple of games.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:15 pm

don'tbuythesun wrote:At least they got there. Imagine if you'd been on it!!
:lol: