You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:13 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:07 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
I know this is ridiculously early to be speculating on but the players that Tommy has already signed have all been a success so I am really looking forward to see who he can attract to the club.

I personally would like to see another striker, a goalkeeper (Pears or Talbot preferably) and also a player who can play in a similar position to where Syers is playing for squad depth. Who would you like/think Tommy could bring in the summer?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:33 pm 

Tommy himself reckons only 2 are needed - possibly centre midfield and another striker. My personal preferred targets, which are only based on who TW could get and may have no chance of being realised, but are just a bit of fun are:
Joe Ironside from Kiddy, Dale Hopson from Blyth and Ashley Chambers from Nuneaton. As I say, probably no chance of getting them, but there you go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:44 pm 

Ironside is from the North East but it's probably unrealistic as Kiddy pay more and are arguably a more attractive club to play for right now.

Chambers is not interested in the travelling I hear, apparently we tried to sign him before.

For a forward a more realistic prospect may be Adam Boyes. Decent record, from the North East and may view Darlo as a decent step up. He's surely not on a great wedge at BPA either, although I think he has 1 year left on his contract.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:53 pm 

Boyes is a good shout, BPA also have that other forward (can’t remember his name) who’s bagged quite a few goals this season as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:41 pm 

I've always rated Dayle Southwell, went from Grimsby to Boston & scored goals there. Ended up getting a transfer to Wycombe where it didn't work out & is now at Guiseley.

Still canny young and would be a decent partner for Styche.

http://guiseleyafc.co.uk/player/dayle-southwell-2/

Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!

17/18 Season:
WWWDLDDLLDWDLDLWLLDLLWLLLDDWWWLWWDWDLW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:47 pm 

Know what Andy I was genuinely thinking he could be someone we could look at, his record for Boston was really good and is probably in TW’s local area so that to me could be a realistic option if Guiseley let him go.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:33 pm 

I don't think Guiseley would want to let him go, but I am sure we could be a better attraction for him than them, they will be in the same league as us next season - So if we offered him a bit more ££, I'd love to see him here.

17/18 Season:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:19 pm 

Jason Kennedy..

32, lives in Stockton, bit part player for Carlisle and contract up in the summer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:40 pm 

Is it not just injury that has seen him play little this season? Thought he was one of their bigger players last ssason. Be very suprised if he went part time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:53 pm 

DFCAnth wrote:
Jason Kennedy..

32, lives in Stockton, bit part player for Carlisle and contract up in the summer.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... d8c6a21-ds

According to that, he's under contract until the end of the 2018/19 season..

17/18 Season:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:46 pm 

DFCAnth wrote:
Jason Kennedy..

If only!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:17 am 

Spyman wrote:
DFCAnth wrote:
Jason Kennedy..

If only!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Was gonna say one my favourite midfielders in my time watching the club. Gateshead / Hartlepool for him first on the way down.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:44 pm 

Recruitment will likely be impacted by whether or not we can remove certain players who are surplus to requirements off the wage bill. Burgess being the main one as his contract runs until summer 2019 I believe and with him previously being club captain I'd imagine he is paid pretty well. Liam Marrs as well, his contract runs until summer 2019. Both are clearly surplus to requirements.

In addition to this, the amount of season tickets we sell is crucial. The club released a very good early bird offer in February yet at the last communication we had shifted 150 (will likely be more than that now). Such an important way of the club banking a lot of cash in advance of the next season so we know what sort of budget we have moving into next season, which is obviously being topped up by the boost the budget scheme. It's a good offer as well, five free games for a standing adult if bought in advance, less then £3 a game for under 16's and free for under 11's. The club have made a huge effort this season in not only releasing the season tickets early to allow people to buy them well in advance, but also making it sure that it is incredibly affordable for youngsters to attend matches, so I hope the uptake is good and people support the club by buying them.

Moving forward as a club we need to be targeting 1,000 season ticket holders. It'll take time and effort but the amount of work the club are doing in the community, visiting schools etc, will hopefully lead to us attracting newer fans etc.