Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

spen666
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead

Post by spen666 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:29 am

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote:Football at all levels (perhaps below the Premiership - only difference there is TV money) is a financial basket case

Clubs at all levels are paying out far more money than they can afford. I agree with all the comments on here so far.

It would be nice if it could be possible for the FA to introduce rules that make it an offence for a club to make a loss in a season. Also to limit the amount any one individual could invest into a club either personally or via persons or companies connected to him to say 10% of clubs income.

This would have effect of forcing clubs to limit the amount of wages they pay and to spread the financial burden so that if any sponsor/ investor/ benefactor pulls out ( for whatever reason) , club will only lose 10% of its income or less. [ Perhaps an exception to allow funds for ground developments above the 10% figure to be given, but clubs must prove it was used for that purpose]

It would benefit fan owned clubs as they would be able to compete on a more level playing field and should hopefully reduce the need for boost the budget type appeals
Let's get a few things straight here...

1 Boost the budget isn't an "appeal".

It is an initiative where the fans can contribute towards an extra income stream for the club, which in turn increases the club's spending power - and where the fans feel like they can have a positive impact towards that income stream. It will be a permanent fan engagement feature IMO, and I'm for one happy to contribute to it on a seasonal basis.

2 If the FA had introduced a rule where an individual can only invest a maximum of 10% via himself or persons or companies associated with himself then I dare say that you would not currently be playing at this level. Take Brad's 7 figure plus investment from the last few seasons away and you simply wouldn't have had the same spending power and would have not been able to hang on to our coat tails up the league ladder.

3 I like how you add the caveat where perhaps the 10% can be increased for ground improvements because you know fine well that Brad, I mean the ground improvement fairies, will have to put more than that in to get your ground up to the 5,000 planned for.

4 Regarding 2 - you still have not acknowledged Brad's 7 figure investment (his words) into Spennymoor Town, despite being shown the article where it is stated many times - instead preferring to pretend it's not true.

5 Regarding 4 - Fuck off spen.
Spen....you've been owned by Quakerz. Your time is up. Adios.
Yes, been totally owned, if you want to see football clubs continue to boom and bust with unsustainable models rather than look to ways to make the game sustainable.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:31 am

spen666 wrote: Yes, been totally owned, if you want to see football clubs continue to boom and bust with unsustainable models rather than look to ways to make the game sustainable.
What a nonsense reply spen.

You assumed I want football clubs to follow a boom/bust cycle with no supporting evidence.

Now you are suggesting anyone who agrees with what I said to you, is the same. Again with no evidence to support your conclusion.

No one on here appreciates your two facedness on other sites, or your contributions on here which are usually nothing more than thinly veiled digs at our great club and fans.

I used to sometimes give you the time of day if you ever posted anything semi useful, but now I know the full story I see through you as others have done.

It's best for both parties (those parties being you and the forum) if we went our seperate ways now, because you have zero credibility after Brad's multi-million pound admission which you've continued to deny. In other words - fuck off spen.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:41 am

Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote: Yes, been totally owned, if you want to see football clubs continue to boom and bust with unsustainable models rather than look to ways to make the game sustainable.
What a nonsense reply spen.

You assumed I want football clubs to follow a boom/bust cycle with no supporting evidence.

Now you are suggesting anyone who agrees with what I said to you, is the same. Again with no evidence to support your conclusion.

No one on here appreciates your two facedness on other sites, or your contributions on here which are usually nothing more than thinly veiled digs at our great club and fans.

I used to sometimes give you the time of day if you ever posted anything semi useful, but now I know the full story I see through you as others have done.

It's best for both parties (those parties being you and the forum) if we went our seperate ways now, because you have zero credibility after Brad's multi-million pound admission which you've continued to deny. In other words - fuck off spen.

Yawn

I made suggestions as to how football could avoid boom and boost clubs and all you can do is to try to turn it into a row between clubs.

Sadly you appear unable or unwilling to debate the bigger issues affecting football and how to have sustainable clubs

PS You should see someone about your paranoia. Rather than a trhinly veiled attack on Darlington, what I was suggesting was far more in line with exactly the set up at Darlington where no one person is putting in more than 10% of the clubs income and therefore is far more sustainable than a club where one person is bankrolling it

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 am

I'm not prepared to "debate" this with you any further.

You do not have enough credibility.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:09 am

What Spen is saying, is Spennymoor are a very badly run football club with a highly unsustainable model.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

spen666

Post by spen666 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:00 am

Quakerz wrote:I'm not prepared to "debate" this with you any further.

You haven't debated it at all, just launched a childish my club is better than yours type rant about an issue that affects all football clubs and fans.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:05 am

How many football clubs even lower down the pyramid are fully self suffient. Maybe just the fan owned ones

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Gateshead have part time support and next season they'll have a part time team.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Things don't look great for them at the moment. All of the players - bar two - are out of contract in two weeks time and become free agents. Manager Steve Watson and his backroom staff are also out of contract. Watson must be wishing he'd stayed as No. 2 at Macclesfield, now heading into the Football League. Unless something happens pretty sharpish with new owners there's a big dark cloud hanging over the club's future. You can buy the club for a quid.