Player of the year vote - now open

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

DFCSG_Secretary
Team Supported: Darlington

Player of the year vote - now open

Post by DFCSG_Secretary » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 am

Here’s your chance to vote for your Darlington FC Player of the Year!

Simply click the link below, and choose your player of the year from the list provided. The winner will receive an engraved trophy at the annual presentation night at the Mercure Hotel on Friday 4th May (tickets are available from Joanne on hospitality@darlingtonfc.org).

The players really value this award as it’s voted on by Darlo fans, so please get voting.

The poll closes at 5pm on Friday 20th April, and the winner will be announced at the awards night.

Vote here: http://survey.sogosurvey.com/r/uJG9sc

You can also win a free hospitality package as part of the vote.

You can also vote for your player of the year at Quaker Retail in the Dolphin Centre, between 10am and 1pm up to Friday & in person at the match on Saturday.

H1987

Re: Player of the year vote - now open

Post by H1987 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:50 am

In spite of not being here all year... it has to be Reece, doesn't it?

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:15 am

H1987 wrote:In spite of not being here all year... it has to be Reece, doesn't it?
No.That pen against Sal£ord has gone against him for me.Thommo has been a different player since you know who left and could get it but my vote is for Josh Heaton.

bga

Post by bga » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:18 am

H1987 wrote:In spite of not being here all year... it has to be Reece, doesn't it?
Diasagree for me it should be a player who was with us through thick and thin, notwithstanding the contribution all the new lads have made. Thommo for me.

JE93

Post by JE93 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:30 am

For me it's between Thompson, Galbraith, Heaton and Styche.

Honourable mentions for Pears, Trotman, Wheatley and Syers. Who have all been good.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 am

Thommo for me - back on top form and he's a game changer.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:37 am

Heaton for me, solidified our defence and the upturn in form we’ve had when he’s partnered Galbraith has been nothing short of miraculous

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:38 am

Styche for me. We'd have gone down without him.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo Dodger

Post by Darlo Dodger » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:44 am

Galbraith or Thompson for me. I’ve gone for Galbraith because I think defenders rarely receive the limelight Their work deserves

CrazyDarlo

Post by CrazyDarlo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Don’t think you can give it someone who hasn’t been here half the season, Thompson or Galbraith for me.

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 pm

CrazyDarlo wrote:Don’t think you can give it someone who hasn’t been here half the season, Thompson or Galbraith for me.
I voted for Thompson on his basis. I’d say that Heaton has the most potential though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:13 pm

David Syers: Think he has regained his fitness this season and his class is starting to show in his all round performances.

JamesDarlo

Post by JamesDarlo » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm

I've voted Galbraith, been an absolute rock all season. Some of the challenges he's put in go underappreciated, he's been consistently good all season.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:08 pm

I agree with that especially when you take into account that hes had to get to grips with a permanent change in position. Very solid season for me. Thompson a very close second. Big contributions from heaton and styche but for full season overall consistency its galbraith.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Syers - does so much work that often goes unnoticed.

Darlobaz79

Post by Darlobaz79 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:19 pm

1. Thommo - consistent and the hat-trick at Leamington a season-turner
2. Galbraith - solid in two positions
3. Styche - we have been a different team since he came

Interesting that many are voting for Thommo and Galbraith who have been with us since Northern League days - it just shows how they have grown in their individual performances as the team has developed.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:24 pm

That brilliant sliding tackle galbraith executed on blyth's maguire to prevent a certain goal just about merited the award on its own. Summed him up.

The Golden Hairclip

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:50 pm

Gone for Thommo but nearly voted for Turry.

quakermass

Post by quakermass » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Little Thommo gets my vote although it could have gone to one of a few. My “mini season” player of the year would go to Styche, but Pears and Heaton have also been superb.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Tough choice, but plumped for Josh Heaton. In most of the games over the last few months he has been consistently the MOTM.

Teddy Boy

Post by Teddy Boy » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:03 pm

Tezza for me simply because he's been consistent all season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:46 pm

Teddy Boy wrote:Tezza for me simply because he's been consistent all season.
It's funny - I remember before O'Hanlon came in reading many opinions that Galbraith was out of his depth and not mobile enough for this level.

Plenty also said Central defence wasn't his 'natural position' (whatever that means). He's proved those people wrong - seemingly being a better central defender than a left back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Username

Post by Username » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:30 pm

Why should the vote be decided on who’s been here for the duration of the season? We were abysmal until around Christmas time. Players weren’t performing and this was evident from the results. For me the change come when the new lads came in. So Heaton, Ohanlon, Trotman and Styche. For me it’s out of Heaton Styche or Thompson. Thompson has been a completely different player since new year. Styche has proved he’s quality and his goals have helped keep us up like Thompson. Heaton has provided us with the solid defender we have been crying out for. I would sway with Thompson or Styche simply because they have been our match winners on countless times. Without their goals we would be certain for relegation.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:47 pm

Username wrote:Why should the vote be decided on who’s been here for the duration of the season? We were abysmal until around Christmas time. Players weren’t performing and this was evident from the results. For me the change come when the new lads came in. So Heaton, Ohanlon, Trotman and Styche. For me it’s out of Heaton Styche or Thompson. Thompson has been a completely different player since new year. Styche has proved he’s quality and his goals have helped keep us up like Thompson. Heaton has provided us with the solid defender we have been crying out for. I would sway with Thompson or Styche simply because they have been our match winners on countless times. Without their goals we would be certain for relegation.
It shouldn't, necessarily. Styche and Heaton have probably had as much of a positive impact on our season on anyone, so I don't see why they wouldn't be considered.

Good to see strong arguments for so many candidates.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:55 pm

Spyman wrote:
Teddy Boy wrote:Tezza for me simply because he's been consistent all season.
It's funny - I remember before O'Hanlon came in reading many opinions that Galbraith was out of his depth and not mobile enough for this level.

Plenty also said Central defence wasn't his 'natural position' (whatever that means). He's proved those people wrong - seemingly being a better central defender than a left back.

Yeah it funny that.. Also people slatted Syers earlier in the season too get rid of him I heard people say he's shyte , I don't know what some people expect out of these par time players.. I will hold my hands up and say I've been critical of Tez a few times but I don't mind saying I were wrong..

doomer

Post by doomer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Pears is my player of the year, even though he as only been here half the season, without some of his saves and him giving the team the confidence at the back we would not have got some of those points. Outstanding young keeper.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:44 pm

doomer wrote:Pears is my player of the year, even though he as only been here half the season, without some of his saves and him giving the team the confidence at the back we would not have got some of those points. Outstanding young keeper.
Don't think Pears has played enough games to get the accolade.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Thommo was poor at the start of the year though... so I’d argue overall, he’s made a very similar contribution to Reece. However, I think without Reece we may well have gone down.

We should have a young player of the year award also.