Spennymoor Thursday

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

onewayup
Team Supported: Darlington

Spennymoor Thursday

Post by onewayup » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:50 pm

I take it that we are at brewery field for this, as there hasn't been any notification otherwise.

spen666

Re: Spennymoor Thursday

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:05 pm

onewayup wrote:I take it that we are at brewery field for this, as there hasn't been any notification otherwise.

As per the other thread, its subject to a pitch inspection by the National League - not been announced when that is though.

Nor has it been said what happens if pitch fails inspection

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Given the hot weather today, I'd be very surprised if the pitch at Spennymoor isn't fit for us on Thursday.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 pm

3 hpurs ago, Spennymoor posted this on twitter
More information on the inspection will be posted once we are informed by the league when it is to take place. Can’t post/circulate what we don’t know guys as it would be pure speculation.

Seems like as usual those in charge - this time the National League have given no thought to the fans and have not even told Spennymoor when the inspection is planned for

spen666

Post by spen666 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm

since I posted that, Spennymoor have tweeted
PITCH INSPECTION | A pitch inspection by a National League nominated referee will take a place at The Brewery Field at 4.30pm ahead of tomorrow's game against @Official_Darlo.

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:44 pm

Inconsiderate bordering on stupidity

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:47 pm

AT SPENNYMOOR

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:59 pm

It's a miracle!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:02 pm

Anybody know the outcome of the pitch inspection.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:Anybody know the outcome of the pitch inspection.
Yes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Literally look above, 2 messages :wtf: :crazy:

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:11 pm

AndyPark wrote:
That post was at 3-47pm when the pitch inspection was meant to be at 4-30pm, sorry and thanks for confirming the venue, can't wait.

onewayup

Post by onewayup » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:00 pm

Lets get to the brewery field in numbers and make the place rock to darlo,s tune.
and be the twelfth man for the team.really pleased that this game is on.

dsr

Post by dsr » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:01 pm

That post was at 3-47pm when the pitch inspection was meant to be at 4-30pm, sorry and thanks for confirming the venue, can't wait.
The post would have been at 4.47pm, but the site isn’t adjusted for BST. Confusing!

bga

Post by bga » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
Isn't the Clock on the messageboard an hour slow so 3.47 was really 4.47? We'll see when I send this at 2 minutes past 7

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:20 pm

So can we expect anything between 1000 & 1500 following the lads tomorrow? Weather is unreal.

See you there.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:55 pm

AndyPark wrote:So can we expect anything between 1000 & 1500 following the lads tomorrow? Weather is unreal.

See you there.
Yes, but Darlo Pete will be there an hour late.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:16 pm

Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:So can we expect anything between 1000 & 1500 following the lads tomorrow? Weather is unreal.

See you there.
Yes, but Darlo Pete will be there an hour late.

Even I know where the Brewery Field is, so I can't get lost this time. :lol:

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:20 am

Whoosh!

Sadly I can’t be there due to a recurring Thursday night conflict. I mean who plays footy on a Thursday. We’re not in the Euiropa Cup for goodness sake... :evil:

JE93

Post by JE93 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:44 am

Pretty much a full squad to choose from tonight and should hopefully be a good game of football.

Hopefully we show the commitment and quality we know we have and give Spenny a tough evening. With all the games they've played recently there will surely be a fatigue factor for Spenny, even if they have been rotating their squad. Must be a worry for them that should they make the playoffs they'd be dead on their feet once they got there.

I think our team selects it's self at the moment:

----------------------- Pears -------------------------

Trotman-- Heaton - Galbraith -- O'hanlon

-------------- Turnbull - Wheatley -----------------

Thompson ------- Syers ---------------- Gillies

------------------------ Styche --------------------------

Subs: Bancroft, Collins, Portas, Caton, Saunders.

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:53 am

Can't get a hold of Glen and Mary so can anyone confirm if there will be a supporters coach for the match tonight and what time it will depart from Darlington. Thanks

Maurice_Peddelty

Post by Maurice_Peddelty » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 am

en passant wrote:Can't get a hold of Glen and Mary so can anyone confirm if there will be a supporters coach for the match tonight and what time it will depart from Darlington. Thanks
Leaving at 6 the number will be on dfc & dfcsg site under travel as don't have it to hand

en passant

Post by en passant » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:16 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
en passant wrote:Can't get a hold of Glen and Mary so can anyone confirm if there will be a supporters coach for the match tonight and what time it will depart from Darlington. Thanks
Leaving at 6 the number will be on dfc & dfcsg site under travel as don't have it to hand
Thanks, I'd already tried the telephone numbers and left a message but haven't had a response, hence the request above. With the venue being in doubt until yesterday I was concerned that it might be too late to get everything organised, so happy that all's sorted.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:48 am

JE93 wrote:Pretty much a full squad to choose from tonight and should hopefully be a good game of football.

Hopefully we show the commitment and quality we know we have and give Spenny a tough evening. With all the games they've played recently there will surely be a fatigue factor for Spenny, even if they have been rotating their squad. Must be a worry for them that should they make the playoffs they'd be dead on their feet once they got there.

Surely now that we are safe Tommy needs to give some game time to Saunders, Caton, Mills et al - also what about Bancroft for at least one of the games this season?? Doesn't matter now where we finish this season, its job done, we are safe its not been the best of seasons, but we have came through it. Also I missed out Mitchel Glover, Tommy says the lad is ready, lets see how ready the young lad is and give him 90 mins to see how he does.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:52 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
JE93 wrote:Pretty much a full squad to choose from tonight and should hopefully be a good game of football.

Surely now that we are safe Tommy needs to give some game time to Saunders, Caton, Mills et al - also what about Bancroft for at least one of the games this season?? Doesn't matter now where we finish this season, its job done, we are safe its not been the best of seasons, but we have came through it. Also I missed out Mitchel Glover, Tommy says the lad is ready, lets see how ready the young lad is and give him 90 mins to see how he does.
Perhaps after tonight, but I think we need to play our strongest available 11 tonight, if only for all the masses of Darlo fans who will make the trip tonight.

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:26 am

I'm sure we'll need to rotate for Saturday so we'll see some squad players then

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:46 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:

I don't see why we need to give Caton, Mills and Saunders game time? It's not going to benefit them ahead of next season.

I'd play the strongest team we can for the remainder of the season to get the highest finish we can. Pre-season is for experimenting and trying players out.

DC

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:03 pm

and if we do give fringe players a run out, is it not fairer to do so one player at a time. means we can see how the one player does with 10 other first choice picks?

throwing 4-5 second choice players on at the same time might not answer any questions. bit like an international friendly when a second half littered with subs becomes almost pointless?

robsraiders

Post by robsraiders » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:20 pm

We should play our strongest team its a derby game and I dont want to lose it, if we are to encourage people to come to home game on Saturday, the best thing to do is show how good we can be, so lets give them a good stuffing !

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:58 pm

robsraiders wrote:We should play our strongest team its a derby game and I dont want to lose it, if we are to encourage people to come to home game on Saturday, the best thing to do is show how good we can be, so lets give them a good stuffing !
Totally agree, and I bet there will be a few other promotion / playoff contenders who want us to put our best team out & play as if it meant something to us :thumbup: