Darlington FC V Spennymoor match thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

en passant
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Spennymoor match thread

Post by en passant » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:28 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:I know people will disagree with me, but apart from harrying their keeper when the ball was passed back to him, Saunders offered very little when he came on. We need a better option next season.
Harvey is an honest worker and puts in a good shift when he is asked but I had hoped to see some real signs that he is going to offer a goal threat. Maybe part of the problem for him is being brought on late in games to chase down lost causes to relieve the defence of a bit of pressure. But goal scoring and the instinct for it don't appear to be there at the moment. Perhaps he needs some time at another club who will give him some full game time to prove if he can get the goal scoring bug

tezza

Post by tezza » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:40 pm

He is simply not good enough.
Lacks the ability or strength to hold the ball up, or link up bringing others into the game.
Speed to burn , however forgets to take the ball with him.
Be surprised if he is still with us next season

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm

en passant wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:I know people will disagree with me, but apart from harrying their keeper when the ball was passed back to him, Saunders offered very little when he came on. We need a better option next season.
Harvey is an honest worker and puts in a good shift when he is asked but I had hoped to see some real signs that he is going to offer a goal threat. Maybe part of the problem for him is being brought on late in games to chase down lost causes to relieve the defence of a bit of pressure. But goal scoring and the instinct for it don't appear to be there at the moment. Perhaps he needs some time at another club who will give him some full game time to prove if he can get the goal scoring bug
Yes I think that is a great call, he could really benefit for playing for another team, getting game time and scoring some goals. He may then come back much more like the attacking player we hope he'll become.

Yarblockos

Post by Yarblockos » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 pm

tezza wrote:He is simply not good enough.
Lacks the ability or strength to hold the ball up, or link up bringing others into the game.
Speed to burn , however forgets to take the ball with him.
Be surprised if he is still with us next season
I would be surprised if we let a young prospect go at this stage, but in many respects you are right, he has great pace but that's about it.

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:30 pm

Tait seems to be able to find the net quite well :lol:

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Saunders should be played out wide where his pace will be a major asset.
He will still get chances to score coming in on the blind side. We shouldnt give up on him.

darlo2001uk

Post by darlo2001uk » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 pm

i agree as he has pace to burn.

But we've got plenty of wide men already - not sure we have room for another specific wide man in the squad without losing one....

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Darlo_CR wrote:Fantastic result tonight! I love this team, every player fought for the badge.

Styche proved exactly why he was made captain when he signed, wears his heart on his sleeve and a great leader.

Our defence looks solid, Tez and Heaton have formed a great partnership and O’Hanlon had a great second half. Portas also doesn’t look out of place at RB at all, nor does he look like he’s missed most of the season through injury, he made some big challenges.

Thommo looked like he thrived on the stick he was getting from the spennymoor fans and put in a motm performance.

All in all a great evening, cheers Joe!
Yes, a great performance.

Every time Darlo win or draw, if it's a game I've been to I get my daughter a mini bottle of red wine. She's pleased that Tommy Wright's got the team in good shape.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Mario

Post by Mario » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Harvey Saunders has been on trial at Barnsley recently for a few weeks. They wanted to have a look at him.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:49 pm

loan_star wrote:Saunders should be played out wide where his pace will be a major asset.
He will still get chances to score coming in on the blind side. We shouldnt give up on him.
Surely pace is better used down the middle - if a player has anything about him and we break properly we get it either in to his feet, he beats a man and in on goal, or the ball is played into his run, which if he's good enough, he's timed well?

Too often, running around and chasing lost causes is confused with pace.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Just watched Ainsleys post match interview after last night.
“There will be big changes next year”.Get the cheque book ready Brad.!!!!

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 pm

Not sure he should be saying that now, given that his players are about to go into two huge games. Wonder if Taity's getting a sweat on after the way he's been handing out goals like confetti.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:49 pm

Bradley and O'Brian both teenagers come onto make their debuts for Darlo, but don't get a touch as the game ends 1-1. Great result for Darlo.

quakerman

Post by quakerman » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Spenny miss out as Bradford scored with virtually the last kick of the game.How will they get over missing out from where they were 6 weeks ago,must be absolutely gutted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:10 pm

The BPA scorer and man to deny Spendy at the death?

Adam Boyes.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:11 pm

Bottle jobs bottle it again. Pitiful.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Check this out at 6.20 for Spennymoor's winner. The worst timed pisses in history. Watch both bog doors creep open. Me and my son are literally weeing ourselves.

https://youtu.be/b9GqrFJ1d5w

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:28 pm

My mate is a Newcastle season ticket holder. He missed Alan Shearer's record breaking goal because he was having a piss. He still get a reminder of it regularly.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Thu May 03, 2018 2:03 pm

:lol: Joe's own goal has made it into the Guardian's weekly YouTube round up of notable/interesting/historic/inept (in Joe's case) sporting clips. Number 4 in 'Our favourites from last week's blog'.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/ ... howboating

Fame at last, Joe.