Darlington FC v Nuneaton Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Spyman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC v Nuneaton Town

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:11 pm

loan_star wrote:Brown didn't have the best of games going forward but to say he's not good as a right back is a bit harsh. Also his distribution is usually far better than it was yesterday. Considering the sum total of his playing time in the last 2 months has been about 20 minutes I thought he did ok.
He was out of his depth as a right back in Evostick Div1 let alone this level.

He improved second half and defensively was solid enough but in the system we play where the full backs are required to get forward he's nowhere near good enough.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:20 pm

Spyman wrote:
loan_star wrote:Brown didn't have the best of games going forward but to say he's not good as a right back is a bit harsh. Also his distribution is usually far better than it was yesterday. Considering the sum total of his playing time in the last 2 months has been about 20 minutes I thought he did ok.

He improved second half and defensively was solid enough but in the system we play where the full backs are required to get forward he's nowhere near good enough.

No he wasn't out of his depth in the NPL D1N.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Darlofan97 wrote:
Spyman wrote:

No he wasn't out of his depth in the NPL D1N.
Agreed, he wasn’t out of his depth at all. No need to rewrite history.
Brown is usually a very good crosser of the ball, a good example being the cross he planted on Armstrong’s head in the play off semi, a cross even a good winger would have been proud of.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:22 pm

Spyman wrote:

Brown definitely wasn't out of his depth at Evo-Stik D1N level - I think that's very unfair given that he was a mainstay right-back in a team that only conceded 37 goals in 42 games - something was going right.

By the way, we're talking about someone who did well defensively Thursday & Saturday, although going forward not as good as Trotman, but to describe him as out of his depth at two levels below never mind this one?

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Ok perhaps I'm misremembering - I certainly don't see as many games as most of you.

Anyway, I think that despite years of excellent service his time is probably up ashes fallen down the pecking order in central defence and would probably be third or fourth choice right back once Hunter is fit.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:37 pm

From what I remember, Brown did a solid job at right back in the Evo Stik D1N. I would say playing right back at this level is a bit too far for him (as it is for Portas in fairness).
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

liddle_4_ever
Team Supported: Darlo

Post by liddle_4_ever » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:18 pm

I appreciate what Brown has done for the club but he is IMO too far down the pecking order at both CB and RB to justify keeping him next season. If he realises that his 1st team opportunities next season might be few and far between it wouldn't surprise me if he chooses to leave.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Now is not the time to cry
Now’s the time to find out why
I think you’re the same as me
We’ll see things they’ll never see
Darlo’s going to live forever!