Darlington FC v Nuneaton Town

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Feet4ever
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by Feet4ever » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Team as Thursday, with the exception of Gary Brown in at right-back for TomPortas

Darlo_CR

Re: Darlington FC v Nuneaton Town

Post by Darlo_CR » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:09 pm

0-0 at half time.

Spennymoor, York, Blyth and Chorley all losing!

Darlo2807

Post by Darlo2807 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Finished 0-0. Neither side seemed to want it

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:43 pm

Bit of an anti-climax after Spennymoor. Styche well off the pace, not prepared to run at the defence. O'Hanlon deserved his MOTM award and Pears to thank for the clean sheet but nowt to thrill the fans. Caton nearly nicked it near the end with a good shot after a neat cutting in.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:53 pm

jjljks wrote:Bit of an anti-climax after Spennymoor. Styche well off the pace, not prepared to run at the defence. O'Hanlon deserved his MOTM award and Pears to thank for the clean sheet but nowt to thrill the fans. Caton nearly nicked it near the end with a good shot after a neat cutting in.
We played some good stuff let's not forget they all put in a massive shift Thursday night, so come on not a bad game tbh so give the lads a bit of credit..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:04 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
jjljks wrote:Bit of an anti-climax after Spennymoor. Styche well off the pace, not prepared to run at the defence. O'Hanlon deserved his MOTM award and Pears to thank for the clean sheet but nowt to thrill the fans. Caton nearly nicked it near the end with a good shot after a neat cutting in.
We played some good stuff let's not forget they all put in a massive shift Thursday night, so come on not a bad game tbh so give the lads a bit of credit..

Agree, we looked knackered last 15/20, showed we don't really have enough attacking options in the squad something I expect Wright to resolve in the summer.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:11 pm

Bit of a shame, could have made the last weekend very interesting. Still, win on Wednesday and we still have a very outside chance, I believe.

tdk1

Post by tdk1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:24 pm

Actually, having just looked, we'd need a lot of results to go for us, and to turn around a seven goal difference deficit on Bradford to get in. Oh well, next year.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:02 pm

super_les_mcjannet wrote:
HarrytheQuaker wrote:

Agree, we looked knackered last 15/20, showed we don't really have enough attacking options in the squad something I expect Wright to resolve in the summer.
Agree with you Les... We need a couple of strikers in and let's see if Wheatley or Heaton get snapped up in the summer if so let's use the money wisely.. Get in Ramshaw but only if Chandler will let his bum chum leave his side.. I predict NOT.. Before anyone points out I know he is not a striker I will leave that up to wright because I couldn't call a decent striker out there who we could sign..

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:13 pm

A draw was probably a fair result. Probably should have been 1-1 Chambers should have scored, and so should have Syers.
Again we look very solid at the back, Brown (Ive been a big critic) did well today, a couple of misplaced passes but that's unfortunately what Brown does at times - but you can never criticise his effort.
We do lack goals when Styche and Thommo are quiet - but maybe Tommy can address this in the summer.
Nuneaton looked a pretty decent side and dangerous going forward.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm

What was the attendance?

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:47 pm

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm

So no Mills or Trottman today - both injured ? I understand Brown was playing because of set piece situations in front of Portas.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Darlofan97

Post by Darlofan97 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Trotman is injured hence why he was replaced by Portas at FC United.

No sign of Mills however. Strange.

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:39 pm

Although we weren't at our best today, we still created chances and were the better team overall despite playing less than 48 hours earlier.

O'Hanlon was outstanding for me.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:53 pm

Brown sadly out of his depth - he was never a right back a couple of seasons ago and definitely not at this level. He put in a shift but appalling distribution.

Otherwise, Turnbull and Wheatley were excellent in the middle and Heatons hoofball was complemented by Galbraith.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:54 pm

quakerste wrote:1406
Thanks, thats not bad for a dead rubber

MCFCDarlo3

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:56 pm

Spyman wrote:Brown sadly out of his depth - he was never a right back a couple of seasons ago and definitely not at this level. He put in a shift but appalling distribution.

Otherwise, Turnbull and Wheatley were excellent in the middle and Heatons hoofball was complemented by Galbraith.

He played RB at Salford a couple of years ago and had a really poor game.

Was hoping there was a place for him but it looks unlikely now.

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:32 pm

Think out of his depth is a bit harsh.Can't remember him being taken to the cleaners at any point. He was run of the mill, no worse than that.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think out of his depth is a bit harsh.Can't remember him being taken to the cleaners at any point. He was run of the mill, no worse than that.
He did fine as a stopper but his distribution and attacking play was poor, which pushed all our attacking down the left and made us too predictable.

I've been a fan of Brown over the years but he struggled as right back in the ESN, let alone conference north. Word is he's way down the pecking order in the middle so I expect he'll move on in the summer.

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:46 pm

Spyman wrote:
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:Think out of his depth is a bit harsh.Can't remember him being taken to the cleaners at any point. He was run of the mill, no worse than that.
He did fine as a stopper but his distribution and attacking play was poor, which pushed all our attacking down the left and made us too predictable.

I've been a fan of Brown over the years but he struggled as right back in the ESN, let alone conference north. Word is he's way down the pecking order in the middle so I expect he'll move on in the summer.

He has another years contract..

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:52 pm

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Spyman wrote:

He has another years contract..
May still leave this summer. I really like Brown as a person and his attitude is first class, he knows he is at his limit in this league and wouldn't surprise me if Tommy said you are not part of my plans Gary that he would step away.

We can't have a squad the same size next season so Brown may be a reluctant leaver.

divas

Post by divas » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Brown isn’t the type of player to hang around and just pick up a wage if he’s not going to be involved. I’m sure he’d rather be playing each week elsewhere as much as he loves the club and has been a huge part of what we’ve achieved over the last 6 years. Would have been nice to give him (and Leon) a proper send-off if an announcement was made before Wednesday but that’s unlikely. It’s a shame when players who have been a key part in our recent history just slip away without the fans being able to show their appreciation

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:59 pm

divas wrote:Brown isn’t the type of player to hang around and just pick up a wage if he’s not going to be involved. I’m sure he’d rather be playing each week elsewhere as much as he loves the club and has been a huge part of what we’ve achieved over the last 6 years. Would have been nice to give him (and Leon) a proper send-off if an announcement was made before Wednesday but that’s unlikely. It’s a shame when players who have been a key part in our recent history just slip away without the fans being able to show their appreciation
totally agree divas but I hope ur wrong

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:33 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
divas wrote:Brown isn’t the type of player to hang around and just pick up a wage if he’s not going to be involved. I’m sure he’d rather be playing each week elsewhere as much as he loves the club and has been a huge part of what we’ve achieved over the last 6 years. Would have been nice to give him (and Leon) a proper send-off if an announcement was made before Wednesday but that’s unlikely. It’s a shame when players who have been a key part in our recent history just slip away without the fans being able to show their appreciation
totally agree divas but I hope ur wrong
TW has some tough decisions to make in the summer and cannot start to think about it until the Vardy academy show has given our lads their chance to shine. No room for sentiment but i agree that it would be good to have an opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps a cameo in the Legends pre-season?

50 years

Post by 50 years » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:55 am

Thought that we played some excellent football at times yesterday With a fair few chances. Styche smashed one over the top when normally he would have buried it, Thommo just over run one before smashing it into side netting, Syres scored one ( offside ) and missed one of the easier chances (he covers a lot of ground and runs into good postions ), and Catton hit a cracking shot ( which there keeper pulled of an super save), wish he had done that more during the year. Only remember them having one good chance. We were the better team but the lads looked absolutely whacked late on in the game but kept going till the end.
Pity we could not sneak that goal as would have put us one point behind york with game in hand :) . Still two games left and would be great to finish on a high with six points and the then they can have a good break and ready for promotion next year :thumbup:

Up the Quakers

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:36 am

jjljks wrote:No room for sentiment but i agree that it would be good to have an opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps a cameo in the Legends pre-season?
That's a good idea. If required.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Beano

Post by Beano » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:37 am

jjljks wrote:No room for sentiment but i agree that it would be good to have an opportunity to say goodbye - perhaps a cameo in the Legends pre-season?
A great idea.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:42 pm

Brown didn't have the best of games going forward but to say he's not good as a right back is a bit harsh. Also his distribution is usually far better than it was yesterday. Considering the sum total of his playing time in the last 2 months has been about 20 minutes I thought he did ok.

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:03 pm

loan_star wrote:Brown didn't have the best of games going forward but to say he's not good as a right back is a bit harsh. Also his distribution is usually far better than it was yesterday. Considering the sum total of his playing time in the last 2 months has been about 20 minutes I thought he did ok.
Well saidImage