You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:45 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:06 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
Nathan Arnold has left Lincoln City by mutual consent, apparently to go PT to pursue a career in teaching. Would be a great signing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:17 pm 

Arnold could be someone to look at, IF we somehow shift Caton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:06 pm 

Darlofan97 wrote:
I don't think that Billy Health's scouting network goes beyond players from teams he has previously managed.

Back on to our targets (specifically goalkeepers), I see Cameron Belford has been released by Forest Green Rovers (Leicester based).

James Talbot is also being linked with a move to Shamrock Rovers, so might not be available to us this summer.

Don't think we've got a chance in keeping Pears, as I think Boro will want him to play higher for his development.

I also see Luke George has been released by Hartlepool. Has a bit of a reputation as being a non-nonsense, kick everything defensive midfielder. Would be what we need.

Luke George has a reputation for being constantly injured

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:27 am 

Darlofan97 wrote:
I don't think that Billy Health's scouting network goes beyond players from teams he has previously managed.

Back on to our targets (specifically goalkeepers), I see Cameron Belford has been released by Forest Green Rovers (Leicester based).

James Talbot is also being linked with a move to Shamrock Rovers, so might not be available to us this summer.

Don't think we've got a chance in keeping Pears, as I think Boro will want him to play higher for his development.

I also see Luke George has been released by Hartlepool. Has a bit of a reputation as being a non-nonsense, kick everything defensive midfielder. Would be what we need.

Think I saw Cameron Belford sign for Chorley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:36 am 

ReeceStyche’sManbun wrote:

He owns a hairdressers in Grimsby, so if anything he will go PT somewhere closer to there, I reckon he will end up at Alfreton if anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:55 am 

divas wrote:
Darlofan97 wrote:

Luke George has a reputation for being constantly injured

Whereas George Luke was a talented left winger of ours in the early sixties.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:06 pm 

AndyPark wrote:
ReeceStyche’sManbun wrote:

He owns a hairdressers in Grimsby, so if anything he will go PT somewhere closer to there, I reckon he will end up at Alfreton if anything.

Signed for Boston. Arnold that is not Caton.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 am 

Massive clear-out at Guiseley where there are financial cutbacks. They clearly had a huge squad as 14 players have been released with another four loanees returning to their parent clubs. Some of the 12 retained players are also set to leave so they'll be having a major rebuilding project.

Players released by the club include defenders Ben Frempah, Danny Lowe, Elliot Green, Marcus Williams, Danny East, Rob Atkinson and Darren Holden. Also leaving are midfielders James Wesolowski, Jake Lawlor, Kevan Hurst, Callum McFadzean, Simon Lenighan and Andy Haworth along with striker Mike Fondop.
Striker Frank Mulhern has also left the club to join Stockport County for an undisclosed fee.

The club has taken up options on both Joe Green and Curtis Morrison, whilst agreeing a new deal with Will Thornton. Players also under contract for the 2018/19 season include centre-back Harry Flowers, midfielders Alex Purver, Will Hatfield, John Rooney, Lee Molyneux and Alex-Ray Harvey and strikers Reece Thompson, Dayle Southwell and Rowan Liburd. Some of those (the bigger earners) may also be leaving.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:23 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:
Massive clear-out at Guiseley where there are financial cutbacks. They clearly had a huge squad as 14 players have been released with another four loanees returning to their parent clubs. Some of the 12 retained players are also set to leave so they'll be having a major rebuilding project.

Players released by the club include defenders Ben Frempah, Danny Lowe, Elliot Green, Marcus Williams, Danny East, Rob Atkinson and Darren Holden. Also leaving are midfielders James Wesolowski, Jake Lawlor, Kevan Hurst, Callum McFadzean, Simon Lenighan and Andy Haworth along with striker Mike Fondop.
Striker Frank Mulhern has also left the club to join Stockport County for an undisclosed fee.

The club has taken up options on both Joe Green and Curtis Morrison, whilst agreeing a new deal with Will Thornton. Players also under contract for the 2018/19 season include centre-back Harry Flowers, midfielders Alex Purver, Will Hatfield, John Rooney, Lee Molyneux and Alex-Ray Harvey and strikers Reece Thompson, Dayle Southwell and Rowan Liburd. Some of those (the bigger earners) may also be leaving.

Would have had Reece Thompson. Him (along with Hemmings) were excellent for Boston against us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:40 pm 

More than happy with Thommo, Ainge and Stychey, some strike force .Think we need a horrible midfielder and keeper and pretty much sorted.Wonder what's happened with Sam Russell, never heard if he has found a club.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm 

LoidLucan wrote:

No mention of Sean St. Ledger. Wonder if he’s leaving now the new management duo are in place.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:07 pm 

Neil Bishop has signed for Mansfield Town.

Shane Byrne has agreed terms with Brackley for next season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:18 am 

James Talbot released by Sunderland.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:05 pm 

Ben Middleton, Terry Kennedy, Jack Vann, Bailey Gooda, Marcus Day, Louie Swain and John McCombe have all been released by Harrogate.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:25 pm 

Darlo2807 wrote:
James Talbot released by Sunderland.

It would be great if we could sign him up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:02 pm 

Two in from South Shields for the 6 finger brigade up at Blyth.. At least not much travelling involved over the Tyne..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:28 pm 

Graeme Armstrong signed for Hebburn. His first appearance at Northern League level.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6