You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:32 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 4:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Russell will end up at Spendy with his bezzie Chandler, and a pocket full of vibes.

He's been here twice before, both ending in administration IIRC, can't see him being three times a Quaker.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2234
Team Supported: Darlington
Spendy bought the Whitby keeper Shane Bland during last season and then binned him off on loan to West Auckland. They also have two other keepers on their books.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
Don't think any of Spendy's keepers are particularly good for this level TBH.

If they've binned Bland off on loan then obviously he's not measuring up to Lowson and Porter. As Lowson is average at best, and as he is keeping Porter out of the side, then Porter can't be any better than Lowson.

Spendy have "ambition", they have "vibes", they can afford a 4th keeper no doubt.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2234
Team Supported: Darlington
I can see Bland ending up back at Whitby and, yes you're right, if Russell's back in the North-east you could see Spendy taking an interest. Sometimes though feeling the vibe seems to lead careers into the buffers... ala Craddock and Fewster. Something seems to have gone wrong with ten-grand-in-my-back-pocket Foley too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 804
Team Supported: Darlington
Outcome would have been the same had Craddock and Fewster ended up here. Both ruined by injury. For a team we are constantly told are not our rivals, some people spend an inordinate length of time jibing about them.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2234
Team Supported: Darlington
They're near us, they've followed us through the leagues from the Northern League, they're in the same league as us, they go after the same players as us and there are a lot of players who have played for both clubs. It's therefore not surprising that they feature in discussions.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
And the biggest and most two faced fanny in the UK supports them and spams our board - so I would say jibing is justified.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:01 am
Posts: 5725
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
And the biggest and most two faced fanny in the UK supports them and spams our board - so I would say jibing is justified.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 pm
Posts: 3998
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlington-born Jonny Burn has been released by Bristol Rovers. Spent a lot of last season on loan at York.

Could be an option should we need a centre-half for next season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1613
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlofan97 wrote:
Darlington-born Jonny Burn has been released by Bristol Rovers. Spent a lot of last season on loan at York.

Could be an option should we need a centre-half for next season.


We may need him, no sign of Galbraith signing? I fear he will go to York.
Is Gillies out of contract as well?

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
And the biggest and most two faced fanny in the UK supports them and spams our board - so I would say jibing is justified.


About once a week a post virtually makes me wee myself - and that was this week's.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
[quote="Darlofan97"]Darlington-born Jonny Burn has been released by Bristol Rovers. Spent a lot of last season on loan at York.

Could be an option should we need a centre-half for next season.[/quote
Is it that he same lad Darlo fans were calling a peado??


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2234
Team Supported: Darlington
Just seen that Bland left Spenny by mutual consent rather than just a loan.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 153
Team Supported: Darlington
Bland could be a shout alongside Russell.

I wonder if Wright is interested in Nathan Jarman? A proper goalscorer at this level; currently 31 although I wouldn't be unhappy with bringing him in on a one year deal to partner Styche.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 175
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakers83 wrote:
Bland could be a shout alongside Russell.

I wonder if Wright is interested in Nathan Jarman? A proper goalscorer at this level; currently 31 although I wouldn't be unhappy with bringing him in on a one year deal to partner Styche.

In my opinion we should only have one senior goalkeeper and a youth as a back up (Bancroft), no point waisting the wage bill on two experienced goalkeepers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 153
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:
Bland could be a shout alongside Russell.

I wonder if Wright is interested in Nathan Jarman? A proper goalscorer at this level; currently 31 although I wouldn't be unhappy with bringing him in on a one year deal to partner Styche.

In my opinion we should only have one senior goalkeeper and a youth as a back up (Bancroft), no point waisting the wage bill on two experienced goalkeepers.

I meant either one or the other. E.G, Bland could be a shout as a new signing and Russell is a good shout too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 175
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakers83 wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:
Bland could be a shout alongside Russell.

I wonder if Wright is interested in Nathan Jarman? A proper goalscorer at this level; currently 31 although I wouldn't be unhappy with bringing him in on a one year deal to partner Styche.

In my opinion we should only have one senior goalkeeper and a youth as a back up (Bancroft), no point waisting the wage bill on two experienced goalkeepers.

I meant either one or the other. E.G, Bland could be a shout as a new signing and Russell is a good shout too.

My mistake!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 153
Team Supported: Darlington
No problem! But I do agree having only one senior GK and one youth as a back-up is the best way to go.

Last year at the photo-shoot in pre-season we had Bartlett, Wilczynski and Jameson! Absolutely crazy, only to then bring in Richards when we had two right-backs, and Fenwick when we had four forwards.

To think we almost signed Fewster too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am
Posts: 116
Team Supported: Darlington
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4967
Team Supported: Darlington
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.


He has signed a new contract with us and to be fair to Galbraith the hold up wasn't really down to him.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 156
Team Supported: Darlington
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.

Well he signed a contract at Darlo yesterday so... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1535
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.


He has signed a new contract with us and to be fair to Galbraith the hold up wasn't really down to him.


What was the hold up Les?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11086
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm intrigued in this hold up now...

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 10:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20959
Team Supported: Darlington
JamesDarlo wrote:
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.

Well he signed a contract at Darlo yesterday so... :lol:


Think he might have meant Russell.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 3:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 156
Team Supported: Darlington
Quakerz wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.

Well he signed a contract at Darlo yesterday so... :lol:


Think he might have meant Russell.

Makes a lot more sense :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
Now that Bradford PA are having to cut their costs and Nuneaton are up for sale, any chance of a fire sale? Adam Boyes and Ashley Chambers maybe. If Ashley doesn't fancy the travelling, maybe he will a bit more if there's job security.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 175
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
Looks like Adam Boyes is staying put at Bradford despite missing out on the play offs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 6:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 11086
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
Looks like Adam Boyes is staying put at Bradford despite missing out on the play offs.

Where've you seen this?

_________________
18/19 Season:
LDWDLDLWDLLWW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 175
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
Darlo_CR wrote:
Looks like Adam Boyes is staying put at Bradford despite missing out on the play offs.

Where've you seen this?

He tweeted: ‘What a sad way to end a great journey , couldn't be more prouder of the lads , fans and staff , it's being a pleasure playing for this team and I'm looking forward to next season already , fingers crossed we can start like we finished this season and kick on again’


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 7:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2234
Team Supported: Darlington
Personally I would rule him out immediately purely on the use of "more prouder" :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], robsraiders, Yarblockos and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group