You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 2:28 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 327
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Personally I would rule him out immediately purely on the use of "more prouder" :D

:thumbup:

That said Loid, if football clubs started recruiting players on the basis of how articulate they are and their correct use of grammar most leagues would have to go 5-a-side.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4904
Team Supported: Darlington
D_F_C wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.


He has signed a new contract with us and to be fair to Galbraith the hold up wasn't really down to him.


What was the hold up Les?


Not 100% sure but did hear Galbraith was ready to sign a couple of weeks before he did, maybe we had to get boost the budget to a certain point or club held things up. Galbraith wasn't the hold up though and don't believe his head was turned or anything like that.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11291
Team Supported: Darlington
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
D_F_C wrote:
super_les_mcjannet wrote:
Radar wrote:
Spendy will sign Galbraith. They’re throwing their money around again.


He has signed a new contract with us and to be fair to Galbraith the hold up wasn't really down to him.


What was the hold up Les?


Not 100% sure but did hear Galbraith was ready to sign a couple of weeks before he did, maybe we had to get boost the budget to a certain point or club held things up. Galbraith wasn't the hold up though and don't believe his head was turned or anything like that.
That would make sense given we have Collins, Heaton, Vaulks, Burgess all contracted at centre back and perhaps they wanted to tidy up the Brown situation as well before committing to a new contract for Galbraith.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Posts: 1240
Team Supported: Darlington
Blyth and Gateshead not mentioned. Tommy may have enough extra cash nowadays to lure a good quality player from one of these neighbours. Russell and the ex Boston striker maybe looking like favourites, so is a local midfielder signing on the cards? Could also be some youth cast offs from Boro or Mackhams to fill out the squad. It's the speculation season, which creates a bit of fun in the football free months. Dont count England in tournaments as fun.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 2553
Location: Milford Haven
Team Supported: Darlington
Neil Johnson wrote:
Dont count England in tournaments as fun.



I do, after what the F.A. did to usI just love watching the England side being humiliated and coming home early with their collevtive tails between their legs. :lol: :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 155
Team Supported: Darlington
Dan Hanford has joined Southport from Gateshead, good keeper. Gateshead seem to be totally falling apart, they've lost 4 players at least in the space of a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the exodus continued


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10998
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
JamesDarlo wrote:
Dan Hanford has joined Southport from Gateshead, good keeper. Gateshead seem to be totally falling apart, they've lost 4 players at least in the space of a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the exodus continued

I’ve heard rumblings that we’ve offered Danny Johnson a deal.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11291
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Dan Hanford has joined Southport from Gateshead, good keeper. Gateshead seem to be totally falling apart, they've lost 4 players at least in the space of a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the exodus continued

I’ve heard rumblings that we’ve offered Danny Johnson a deal.

Is he looking to go part-time then?

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:53 pm
Posts: 22
Team Supported: Darlington
Anyone heard anymore info regarding Johnson? Or anyone else in terms of incomings, as seeing other clubs making signings is making me a tad bit jealous


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Posts: 10998
Location: Darlington
Team Supported: Darlington
Spyman wrote:
AndyPark wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Dan Hanford has joined Southport from Gateshead, good keeper. Gateshead seem to be totally falling apart, they've lost 4 players at least in the space of a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the exodus continued

I’ve heard rumblings that we’ve offered Danny Johnson a deal.

Is he looking to go part-time then?

I couldn't tell you; all I was told was that we'd offered him a deal.

_________________
https://twitter.com/#!/AndrewParkk


Darlington Football Club: The club that refused to die.
Bought by the fans; for the fans!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 85
Team Supported: Darlington
AndyPark wrote:
JamesDarlo wrote:
Dan Hanford has joined Southport from Gateshead, good keeper. Gateshead seem to be totally falling apart, they've lost 4 players at least in the space of a few days. Wouldn't be surprised if the exodus continued

I’ve heard rumblings that we’ve offered Danny Johnson a deal.


Styche and Johnson upfront next season would be unreal at this level, would be decent for a mid-table National League side, never mind a National League North side


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1480
Team Supported: Darlington
Wouldn’t surprise me if we offered him, but I bet another host of clubs will also have offered


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 155
Team Supported: Darlington
Julio Arca has just retired, wonder how much of a loss that'll be for Shields.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2029
Team Supported: Darlington
Blyth have retained 18 players and released midfielder dave McTiernan who i guess will go back to whitby. Alun Armstrong has signed a new two year deal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:33 am
Posts: 153
Location: Shropshire
Team Supported: Darlington
SPENNYMOOR RETAINED LIST FOR 2018/19:

James Curtis

Rob Ramshaw

Jamie Chandler

Ryan Hall

David Foley

Mark Anderson

Andrew Johnson

Shane Henry

OPTION TAKEN ON:

Glen Taylor

OPTED NOT TO SIGN:

Kallum Griffiths and Joe Tait were offered improved deals but chose to move on for their own reasons.

OPTION NOT TAKEN ON:

Dan Lowson

Chris Chantler

Matthew Dixon

Jordan Porter

Bradley Fewster

RELEASED:

Greg Rutherford


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
Posts: 85
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_CR wrote:
SPENNYMOOR RETAINED LIST FOR 2018/19:

James Curtis

Rob Ramshaw

Jamie Chandler

Ryan Hall

David Foley

Mark Anderson

Andrew Johnson

Shane Henry

OPTION TAKEN ON:

Glen Taylor

OPTED NOT TO SIGN:

Kallum Griffiths and Joe Tait were offered improved deals but chose to move on for their own reasons.

OPTION NOT TAKEN ON:

Dan Lowson

Chris Chantler

Matthew Dixon

Jordan Porter

Bradley Fewster

RELEASED:

Greg Rutherford


Next...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 pm
Posts: 155
Team Supported: Darlington
Spenny left with only 9 players. As they've released Lowson I feel we can fully expect Russell to go there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12366
Team Supported: Darlington
Joe Tait will no doubt rock up at York


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
Posts: 4980
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Joe Tait will no doubt rock up at York

As is Griffiths (according to Spennymoor anyway)

_________________
https://fundraising.darlingtonfcsupportersgroup.org/

http://buytickets.at/dfcsg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20831
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
Joe Tait will no doubt rock up at York


I hope so!

He's alright, but he is not a promotion calibre player at this level. If Gray signs him, it's one more fuck up, and one more nail in his coffin.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 8:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2029
Team Supported: Darlington
He has said he's signing two more players this week....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20831
Team Supported: Darlington
And reading the York forum, they are saying they need a strong CB and RB...

To be honest they'd only refuse improved offers at Spendy for full time football...

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2029
Team Supported: Darlington
Spenny say they haven't taken up an option on Fewster but have offered him a "revised deal." Does that mean if he takes a pay cut?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20831
Team Supported: Darlington
Well Griffiths has definitely signed for York anyway.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1157
Team Supported: Darlington
Maybe revised because he can't score?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:32 pm
Posts: 20831
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Spenny say they haven't taken up an option on Fewster but have offered him a "revised deal." Does that mean if he takes a pay cut?


It can't mean anything else, and to be honest he hasn't done anything to deserve the same terms that he was on last season, whatever those terms were. But those terms would have been good enough to join Spendy over Darlo - think we dodged a bullet there.

_________________
Image

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2029
Team Supported: Darlington
Bet Fewster's delighted with the way that's worked out at Spenny. He was previously an England youth international, scoring 13 times in 18 games, and then netted eight goals in 24 appearances for York in League Two, including five in as many games that earned him a League Two Player of the Month award while on loan from Middlesbrough. He goes to Spenny, hardly plays, can't score when he does and now faces a pay cut if he wants to stay on.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 767
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Bet Fewster's delighted with the way that's worked out at Spenny. He was previously an England youth international, scoring 13 times in 18 games, and then netted eight goals in 24 appearances for York in League Two, including five in as many games that earned him a League Two Player of the Month award while on loan from Middlesbrough. He goes to Spenny, hardly plays, can't score when he does and now faces a pay cut if he wants to stay on.

Think there was a serious injury in there before Spennymoor signed him. Isn't the same player you're making him out to be.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 pm
Posts: 637
Team Supported: Darlington
Didn't Joe Tait leave Darlo to join Spenny because Brad Groves provided him with a job as well? For him to reject terms at Spenny suggests that he's prepared to leave his job. So his new day job may well be a full-time footballer at York City.

I've heard James Caton has been re-training as a right-back and centre-half but don't tell Ainsley


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am 
Online

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:16 am
Posts: 563
Team Supported: Darlington
Jonathan Franks - released by Wrexham


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group