Kev Burgess

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

poppyfield
Team Supported: Darlington

Kev Burgess

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Sounds like he's on his way to another club, just tweeted thanking everyone for his time at Darlo.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

The Golden Hairclip

Re: Kev Burgess

Post by The Golden Hairclip » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:00 pm

Scarborough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:01 pm

Scarborough has been banded about,maybe.

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Good move for him and linking up with Leon.Wonder why Whitby did not snap him up.Listening to Ainsley's interview, seems like he has signed 4 players but still contracted until 30th June so cannot disclose names.Some ex football league apparently.Sam Russell maybe?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

poppyfield

Post by poppyfield » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:09 pm

So it must just be Caton to find a club now.
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:28 pm

Burgess confirmed as having terminated his contract.

http://darlingtonfootballclub.co.uk/kev ... -the-club/
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:57 pm

Good news for all concerned. Regular football for him presumably and a high earner (I expect) off our books.

Hopefully frees up further funds for Wright to spend on players who can make an impact.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:05 pm

Burgess was very influential in his first two seasons with us and to chip in with 11 goals during that 2015-16 season when we won the Northern Premier League title was exceptional. Another who played his part in the resurgence of our club.

Really nice comments from him about the club and its fans:

"I would just like to thank all of the players that I played with at Darlington Football Club, player that I grew really close to and came to admire, and became close friends with.

"We have shared some great memories at Darlington and I've had some of the best days of my life!

"Thank you to the fans, the heartbeat of the club! I hope you know I gave my all every time I put on a Darlo shirt.

"Gashing my head open and breaking my hand and continuing to play showed my commitment to the club, especially the final few games (in 2015-16). It was never going to stop me doing what we all set out to achieve as a club.

"It was a great two years - one promotion, one play-off place.

"For whatever reason it hasn't worked out this year, but I wish you all the luck in the world, thanks for the continuous massive support."

A lot of respect is due to him for his service here and the way he has handled his departure. I wish him all the best in the future.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Burgess and Brown moving on desire being under contract because at the end of the day they want to play first team football , wonder if a certain other does
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Played a key role in the Evo Prem promotion - best of luck to him in the future!

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:29 pm

QUAKERMAN2 wrote:Good move for him and linking up with Leon.Wonder why Whitby did not snap him up.Listening to Ainsley's interview, seems like he has signed 4 players but still contracted until 30th June so cannot disclose names.Some ex football league apparently.Sam Russell maybe?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Would think there’s a lot more money available at Scarborough than at Whitby based on crowd figures.
Best of luck to the lad,played a big part our last promotion.

tezza

Post by tezza » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Big respect. Always 100%. Was particularly pleasing to witness the way he handled the Gray departure lap of honour.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Played a good role in winning the Evo Prem, did reasonable season 16/17.

Hope he does well at Scarborough but it's the right time for him to leave Darlo.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:26 pm

It shows his feelings for the club that he didn't just remain at the club on his contract. Always gave 100%. Good luck Kev at Scarborough, hope you have a great season and get promoted.

HarrytheQuaker

Kev Burgess

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:52 pm

Bet he ends up at Shields or Scarborough.lol
Last edited by HarrytheQuaker on Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeinBlack2

Post by MikeinBlack2 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:03 am

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Burgess and Brown moving on desire being under contract because at the end of the day they want to play first team football , wonder if a certain other does
Has anyone thought that Caton maybe wants to fight for his place in the Darlo team? Will be interesting to see if he figures in the pre-season games. Who knows, he may knuckle down and do the biz now he's in the shop window up for sale.
Come on Darlo!
Smoke me a kipper....I'll be back for breakfast!

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:08 am

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Burgess and Brown moving on desire being under contract because at the end of the day they want to play first team football , wonder if a certain other does
Has anyone thought that Caton maybe wants to fight for his place in the Darlo team? Will be interesting to see if he figures in the pre-season games. Who knows, he may knuckle down and do the biz now he's in the shop window up for sale.
If he's still with us, then he's got to feature in pre-season games. I think he showed enough towards the end of last season, to be given a chance in the new season.

al_quaker

Post by al_quaker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Officially joined Scarborough (shock)

Looks like they're putting together a decent team - good to see them on the way back

Meanwhile, we hope to announce another signing soon, according to the echo

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Thanks Kev for services rendered. Always gave heart & soul to the club, on the pitch or on the bench. Best wishes for your future career :clap: :wave: