Darlo Uncovered
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/

Season 2018/19 prologue
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35638
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Darlogramps [ Sun May 13, 2018 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Season 2018/19 prologue

It seems people quite like having all the new season info about transfers, friendlies etc in one place, so could this thread be stickied please.

I think there's plenty to look forward to in the new campaign, even for an interminable doom-monger like myself. Last season was possibly the most important we've had, in terms of the club strategy - ditching the "Spend to win at all costs" mentality of MG and opting for a more sustainable strategy. I'm looking forward to seeing how we develop on and off-the-pitch.

Roll on pre-season!

Pre-season games
Sunday July 8th - Motherwell (H) - 2pm
Wednesday July 11th - Sunderland (H) - 7:30pm
Saturday July 14th - Jong PSV (A)
Saturday July 21st - Middlesbrough U23s (H) - 1pm
Wednesday July 25th - Leeds Utd XI - (H) - 7:30pm
Sunday July 29th - Legends XI (H) - 2pm
Tuesday July 31st - Northallerton Town (A) - 7:30pm

New signings
Liam Hughes - Billericay Town
Simon Ainge - Harrogate Town (undisclosed fee)
Jordan Nicholson - Barnet (free)


Departures
Gary Brown - South Shields (free)
Chris Hunter - South Shields
Phil Turnbull - South Shields (undisclosed fee)
Leon Scott - Scarborough Athletic (free)
Tom Portas - West Auckland (free)
Kevin Burgess - Scarborough Athletic (free)
Liam Marrs - Released
Greg Mills - Stourbridge (free)
Dale Milburn - Released
Lee Hume - Released


Current squad
Luke Trotman
Ben O'Hanlon
Terry Galbraith
Josh Heaton
Dom Collins
Jack Vaulks
Joe Wheatley
Mitchell Glover
Liam Hughes
David Syers
Stephen Thompson
Josh Gillies
Jordan Nicholson
Simon Ainge
Reece Styche
Harvey Saunders
James Caton - Transfer listed

Not contracted, invited for pre-season:
Matthew Bancroft
Harry Gill
Bradley Moncur
Jamie O’Brien

Key dates
League allocations - already announced: http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/may/10/n ... son-100518

Fixtures released - Wednesday July 4th.
FA Cup - Opening round draws released in early July (Darlo enter in 2nd qualifying round - Sat Sept 22nd)
FA Trophy - Opening round draws released in early July (Darlo enter in 3rd qualifying round - Sat Nov 24th)

First weekend of new season - August 4th/5th.

Author:  Darlofan97 [ Sun May 13, 2018 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Fixtures were released last year on 5th July, with the season start date being 5th August. So perhaps this year it will be 4th July with the season start date being 4th August.

Author:  CrazyDarlo [ Tue May 29, 2018 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Middlesbrough U23s (H) July 21st

Author:  MikeinBlack2 [ Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

CrazyDarlo wrote:
Middlesbrough U23s (H) July 21st


Where was this published? Not seen or heard of this as yet, I do know that Boro U23's are meant to be playing Hartlepool though. I hope this isn't one of the big friendlies that has been mentioned!

Author:  Darlogramps [ Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

MikeinBlack2 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Middlesbrough U23s (H) July 21st


Where was this published? Not seen or heard of this as yet, I do know that Boro U23's are meant to be playing Hartlepool though. I hope this isn't one of the big friendlies that has been mentioned!


https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-s ... -under-23s

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Author:  MikeinBlack2 [ Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Darlogramps wrote:
MikeinBlack2 wrote:
CrazyDarlo wrote:
Middlesbrough U23s (H) July 21st


Where was this published? Not seen or heard of this as yet, I do know that Boro U23's are meant to be playing Hartlepool though. I hope this isn't one of the big friendlies that has been mentioned!


https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/pre-season-s ... -under-23s

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


Cheers, a bit surprised that we haven't published t anywhere.

Author:  MCFCDarlo3 [ Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Great thread this, really useful

Author:  murtonquaker [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Not playing Shildon on the 17th July...

There playing the Chokers instead

http://www.shildonafc.com/2018/06/pre-season-fixture-change-hartlepool-united/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

murtonquaker wrote:
Not playing Shildon on the 17th July...

There playing the Chokers instead

http://www.shildonafc.com/2018/06/pre-season-fixture-change-hartlepool-united/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Pity I was planning to go that game. No doubt we'll arrange some replacement fixture.

Author:  murtonquaker [ Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Season 2018/19 prologue

Darlo_Pete wrote:
murtonquaker wrote:
Not playing Shildon on the 17th July...

There playing the Chokers instead

http://www.shildonafc.com/2018/06/pre-season-fixture-change-hartlepool-united/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


Pity I was planning to go that game. No doubt we'll arrange some replacement fixture.
I was going to my daughter, will take her to a couple of Pre-Season games, probably Sunderland and the Legends Game

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/