Eindhoven planning

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Re: Eindhoven planning

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:09 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
The Quaker wrote:Seen few pictures on instagram looks like a few made trip over

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Was a great occasion. Must have been at least 200 Darlo fans there. Really hot...hot enough for a 2/3 minute drinks break after 30 mins in both halves. Jong PSV were, as you’d expect, technically excellent and quick. We acquitted ourselves well, played some good stuff at times and created some good chances, especially in the second half. It was a good workout for the lads and a great experience for the fans.
Particularly impressed with the keeper. Trotman and O’Hanlon looked capable of playing for the opposition they were that good! Henshall looks a great find and Thommo was...Thommo
Here is a link to some highlights
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHxNdNcqA ... e=youtu.be

biccynana
Team Supported: Darlington

Post by biccynana » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:07 pm

grimsbyquaker wrote:
The Quaker wrote:Seen few pictures on instagram looks like a few made trip over

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Was a great occasion. Must have been at least 200 Darlo fans there. Really hot...hot enough for a 2/3 minute drinks break after 30 mins in both halves. Jong PSV were, as you’d expect, technically excellent and quick. We acquitted ourselves well, played some good stuff at times and created some good chances, especially in the second half. It was a good workout for the lads and a great experience for the fans.
Particularly impressed with the keeper. Trotman and O’Hanlon looked capable of playing for the opposition they were that good! Henshall looks a great find and Thommo was...Thommo
Here is a link to some highlights
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DHxNdNcqA ... e=youtu.be
Did I see that right? At 1:20 it looks like Styche lamps one of their players, just as the ball is bundled over the line. The defender certainly looks round with a WTF look on his face.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:24 pm

Styche had a couple of run-ins...notably near the end when I genuinely thought he was going to lamp his marker. Thankfully they both ended up laughing and having a hug

MCFCDarlo3
Team Supported: Manc born Darlo & City

Post by MCFCDarlo3 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:09 pm

Great weekend, livers in ruins.

Was very impressed with the fitness of the players so late on in the game.

Shook Tommys hand and thanked him as I came out of Manchester Airport, great to see the players and fans having a beer together Sat night.

50 years

Post by 50 years » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:01 am

Great place to visit, and excellent weekend, locals friendly, good food and bars, cracking craft brewery / bar and a pub like the Three Cranes in York (for those that know it:)), . Was really surprised at the number of fans that made the game as I thought we may be lucky to get 150 . Team played well and I enjoyed the game, fitness of the players seemed good. Roll on the start of the season.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am

What a weekend, broken man here though.