Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:43 am

quakerman wrote:
Trike1 wrote:they can have caton to start them off Image
Totally uncalled for, just back off for God’s sake.Pea brain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As much as you might not like the comment, your name calling is completely uncalled for and totally out of order. It also makes you a hypocrite, as you pulled me up on a similar thing.

Trike's comment was clearly intended as a joke, so the witch hunt that's been started is unnecessary and pathetic. Take it for what it is or ignore it.

Given that Comfortably_Numb, loan_star, dfcdfcdfc and Darlo_Pete were very quick to condemn me for something similar (the infamous "moron" comment), I'm expecting them to be equally as faux-outraged about this instance of namecalling. Otherwise they're all hypocrites.

But if people want to talk about Caton, he had two decent performances and contributed very little in the rest. He'd have been released if he'd been on a one-year deal. When the overwhelming majority of his performances have been ineffectual, it speaks volumes about his ability. A mediocre signing.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

jjljks wrote:When will the FA recognise the financial problems that lower leagues and grassroots clubs are facing and then take action to redistribute the income more equitably? Premiership clubs need to recognise the same issues and give some assistance where possible, not just loans of players but also by building relationships, sharing training and coaching, academies to act as feeders, even medical facilities. Otherwise our national teams and top teams will end up lacking the spirit and pride which sparks success.
Yes!
The National League is beyond a joke now.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:45 am

Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:

As much as you might not like the comment, your name calling is completely uncalled for and totally out of order. It also makes you a hypocrite, as you pulled me up on a similar thing.

Trike's comment was clearly intended as a joke, so the witch hunt that's been started is unnecessary and pathetic. Take it for what it is or ignore it.

Given that Comfortably_Numb, loan_star, dfcdfcdfc and Darlo_Pete were very quick to condemn me for something similar (the infamous "moron" comment), I'm expecting them to be equally as faux-outraged about this instance of namecalling. Otherwise they're all hypocrites.

But if people want to talk about Caton, he had two decent performances and contributed very little in the rest. He'd have been released if he'd been on a one-year deal. When the overwhelming majority of his performances have been ineffectual, it speaks volumes about his ability. A mediocre signing.
:roll:

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:45 pm

I see Danny Johnson has joined Curtis Main and Ryan Bowman at Motherwell.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:18 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:

Strong response that loan_star. Eloquent, detailed and intelligent.

Amazing the lack of condemnation for quakerman's insult. Certainly what you'd call double standards.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:20 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:

Strong response that loan_star. Eloquent, detailed and intelligent.

Amazing the lack of condemnation for quakerman's insult. Certainly what you'd call double standards.
Stop going on like a big kid.
I don’t read everything that goes on this board and the person in question had already been criticised for it. Don’t see the point in adding to it.
If ever I have called you for things like that it’s becusee you go on like you are above criticism whereas everyone else is fair game in your book.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Anyone who posts an opinion on here is fair game, including me. Difference is I'm prepared to defend my opinion, rather than cry off at any criticism like some do.

Some people just don't like me challenging them. You being the obvious one, with your cry-bully tactics. If there's anyone who thinks they're above criticism, it's you.

Now when you called me out for namecalling, others had already criticised me. So again, there's inconsistency and double-standards.

AndyPark

Post by AndyPark » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:45 am

Haway Gramps, don't get into another 1 of these pointless arguments which hijacks another thread.

Just read it and let it be, instead of letting it become another argument over fuck all :thumbup:

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:03 am

I bet Darlington whish they had owners like the bennots, who have at least tried and are like Steve Gibson into the fact they are fans. Not a good situation but as Richard bennots said in a interview he could have folded the club and walked away and who could have blamed him. His continued involvement keeps the way open for another owner which he personally is actively seeking. I guess it also gives time for a long shot of fan ownership. Can't see why some certain smart acres on this thread want the club out of business. Wouldn't it be good for the north east to have Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool and York in league two some great derbys

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 am

Darlogramps wrote:Some people just don't like me challenging them. You being the obvious one, with your cry-bully tactics. If there's anyone who thinks they're above criticism, it's you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
AndyPark wrote:Haway Gramps, don't get into another 1 of these pointless arguments which hijacks another thread.

Just read it and let it be, instead of letting it become another argument over fuck all :thumbup:
:thumbup:

He likes arguing over fuck all though Andy.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:06 am

Although he does seem like a genuine fan, I'm not sure I'm envious of Gateshead having an owner who has just said he seriously considered bunging them into admin because they've been overspending and don't have enough fans to keep going. It looks like next season's budget will be down to a third of what it's been and, in that case, they are likely to drop like a stone. And talk like this will hardly encourage a queue for season tickets. If no-one steps in to buy the club (and no genuine buyer has emerged so far) who knows what the future holds over the coming months.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:27 am

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:Some people just don't like me challenging them. You being the obvious one, with your cry-bully tactics. If there's anyone who thinks they're above criticism, it's you.
Image Image Image
AndyPark wrote:Haway Gramps, don't get into another 1 of these pointless arguments which hijacks another thread.

Just read it and let it be, instead of letting it become another argument over fuck all Image

He likes arguing over fuck all though Andy.
Emojis and swearing are your response? Hardly a witty mature, intelligent riposte. Proves my point perfectly. You can't take criticism and try to bully anyone who dares disagree with you. Typical, hypocritical cry-bully behaviour.

And given you think it's "fuck all", it's unusual that you're responding to everything. Clearly you don't think that at all.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:33 am

Now who's swearing Gramps.
You're the typical keyboard warrior. Talks down to people trying to take the high ground all the time but wouldnt dare say anything to the face of the person they are talking down to.
Plenty people know who I am but you hide behind a user name. Feel free to talk to me in person next time you see me.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:48 am

loan_star wrote:Now who's swearing Gramps.
I'm quoting you. You do know how quoting works? I highlight the words you've been using. You're really not very bright.
loan_star wrote: You're the typical keyboard warrior. Talks down to people trying to take the high ground all the time but wouldnt dare say anything to the face of the person they are talking down to.
Plenty people know who I am but you hide behind a user name. Feel free to talk to me in person next time you see me.
You're embarrassing yourself now. Once again, typical cry-bully tactics.

There are loads of people who know who I am. But a man calling himself loan_star accuses someone of hiding behind a username? You do realise the irony there don't you? Again, you're not particularly bright.

See you at a game soon Robbo. Try and come up with an intelligent response next time.

Anyway, you can keep embarrassing yourself if you want. I'll let you have that precious last word you crave so much.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:49 am

LoidLucan wrote:Although he does seem like a genuine fan, I'm not sure I'm envious of Gateshead having an owner who has just said he seriously considered bunging them into admin because they've been overspending and don't have enough fans to keep going. It looks like next season's budget will be down to a third of what it's been and, in that case, they are likely to drop like a stone. And talk like this will hardly encourage a queue for season tickets. If no-one steps in to buy the club (and no genuine buyer has emerged so far) who knows what the future holds over the coming months.
If fans had been comeing in decent numbers for the level like they did at darlington thought of admin would have seemed petty but they never. Agree with the rest of what you say but at least a bit of time is been bought. Club may go out of business in the near future but at least they can start the season. No budget is final but likely to be at least half of last seasons. If whoevers manager keeps them up that will be some achivement

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:18 am

If it's half it's likely to be 300k which is still more than ours - so I still don't see how you can afford it on crowds less than ours.

300K for part time players is pretty decent though - there are still several part time clubs at your level so relegation is not a certainty.

If Darlo got promoted I'd expect us to stay part time because I can't see how we could bridge the funding gap between our current budget (believed to be around 250k) and a 600k/700k full time budget.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:23 am

shildonlad wrote:I bet Darlington whish they had owners like the bennots, who have at least tried and are like Steve Gibson into the fact they are fans. Not a good situation but as Richard bennots said in a interview he could have folded the club and walked away and who could have blamed him. His continued involvement keeps the way open for another owner which he personally is actively seeking. I guess it also gives time for a long shot of fan ownership. Can't see why some certain smart acres on this thread want the club out of business. Wouldn't it be good for the north east to have Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool and York in league two some great derbys

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
I wouldn't want Gateshead to fold but look at it from our point of view, we are the bigger club and Gateshead have been artificially boosted for years, making it more difficult for us.

I remember you lot picking the bones from our carcass in 2011, when Strings put us into administration.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:29 am

Quakerz wrote:.... there are still several part time clubs at your level .....

Who are the part time clubs in National League, obviously apart from Gateshead? I know Halifax have gone full time this season

On a similar note, who are full time clubs in NLN this season? Have Stockport gone Full Time? I am assuming Nuneaton will now be part time after their financial problems. Are Chester remaining full time?

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 am

spen666 wrote:

Who are the part time clubs in National League, obviously apart from Gateshead? I know Halifax have gone full time this season

On a similar note, who are full time clubs in NLN this season? Have Stockport gone Full Time? I am assuming Nuneaton will now be part time after their financial problems. Are Chester remaining full time?
If anyone else had asked the question I would have done a little research and provided the answer - cos that's the type of helpful guy I am.

But because it's you asking, and because you're a pure 100% grade A cvnt - I'd be wasting my time because you wouldn't accept the answer anyway.

So, find out for yourself.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 am

Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote:

If anyone else had asked the question I would have done a little research and provided the answer - cos that's the type of helpful guy I am.

But because it's you asking, and because you're a pure 100% grade A cvnt - I'd be wasting my time because you wouldn't accept the answer anyway.

So, find out for yourself.

You answer says far more about you than it does about me.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:43 am

I think you've upset him you nasty Quakerz... and all he wants is a footie friend or two.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am

spen666 wrote: You answer says far more about you than it does about me.
Yep.

You cock.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:39 am

Who would want to play in a soulless ground like there's. Plus their players will be part time and it'll be a big ask for them to have another job which will fit in with travelling long distances.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:44 am

It seems their squad will be largely based around local youngsters and no doubt some that they can cadge from the Toon.

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:05 am

Darlo_Pete wrote:Who would want to play in a soulless ground like there's. Plus their players will be part time and it'll be a big ask for them to have another job which will fit in with travelling long distances.
LoidLucan wrote:It seems their squad will be largely based around local youngsters and no doubt some that they can cadge from the Toon.
If I was Gateshead I'd potentially look to a Barrow type model (train in Manchester only travel to Barrow for home games). Base themselves around Hudderfield (area) for training and try and take players from Leeds / Manchester.

That would cut their travel down for away games particularly midweek and would give them access to a larger population and arguably less competition for the absolutely top end part-time players.

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:46 am

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:Now who's swearing Gramps.
I'm quoting you. You do know how quoting works? I highlight the words you've been using. You're really not very bright.
loan_star wrote: You're the typical keyboard warrior. Talks down to people trying to take the high ground all the time but wouldnt dare say anything to the face of the person they are talking down to.
You're embarrassing yourself now. Once again, typical cry-bully tactics.

There are loads of people who know who I am. But a man calling himself loan_star accuses someone of hiding behind a username? You do realise the irony there don't you? Again, you're not particularly bright.

See you at a game soon Robbo. Try and come up with an intelligent response next time.

Anyway, you can keep embarrassing yourself if you want. I'll let you have that precious last word you crave so much.
Considering Andy Park said you were arguing over fuck all and I was replying to him, I just used the words he used, just like you did. Hypocrite!
As for the username, yes its not my real name of course but I would bet anything that more people know who I am compared to "darlogramps"!
Will be nice to put a face to the name anyway, see if you are so cocky in person. I'll just say to your face what i think of you and your arrogant attitude on here.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:54 am

Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:

er....not sure if I'd say your 'moron' comment was infamous DG. Maradona handling the ball v England in the WC - that's infamous.

anyway - as I said to you before, the faux outage of your use of the word moron was more off the back of shock and surprise at you straying from your usual eloquence.

so basically, you're not allowed to resort to such language - but others are....a consequence of setting your own bar so high it seems :)

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:56 am

Jesus spen666 just asked a question why all the abuse against him. Apart from gateshead and barrow who have not fully confirmed if the squad will be part time i.e. no daytime training the other part time teams in the national league as far as im aware will be:
-sollihull moors
-havant and waterlooville
-braintree
-dover
-sutton
In other words not alot. Doubt chester will be pro next seaaon as they never were in the national league. Unless they have come into a load of cash

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:01 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:

er....not sure if I'd say your 'moron' comment was infamous DG. Maradona handling the ball v England in the WC - that's infamous.

anyway - as I said to you before, the faux outage of your use of the word moron was more off the back of shock and surprise at you straying from your usual eloquence.

so basically, you're not allowed to resort to such language - but others are....a consequence of setting your own bar so high it seems :)
In fairness, you were saying generally that abuse is wrong in that. So failing to criticise Quakerman for doing the same thing is hypocritical. My point is there's double-standards being demonstrated.

But at least your response is more light-hearted than some of the cry-bully responses we've had.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spen666

Post by spen666 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

Quakerz wrote:
spen666 wrote: You answer says far more about you than it does about me.
Yep.

You cock.

I love you too