Gateshead

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

darlo_baron
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Gateshead

Post by darlo_baron » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:20 pm

shildonlad wrote:I bet Darlington whish they had owners like the bennots, who have at least tried and are like Steve Gibson into the fact they are fans. Not a good situation but as Richard bennots said in a interview he could have folded the club and walked away and who could have blamed him. His continued involvement keeps the way open for another owner which he personally is actively seeking. I guess it also gives time for a long shot of fan ownership. Can't see why some certain smart acres on this thread want the club out of business. Wouldn't it be good for the north east to have Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool and York in league two some great derbys

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
As Gateshead fans waved 20 pound notes at us when we were in administration. I am a bitter person and wouldn't bat an eyelid if Gateshead folded.
Craig Liddle is God!!

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:27 pm

shildonlad wrote:Jesus spen666 just asked a question why all the abuse against him.
I can't even be arsed to explain but lets just say that there are many reasons.

We just don't randomly abuse strangers on this board - have you been abused for example?

Stay out of the Spen thing because you don't know the history.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

loan_star

Post by loan_star » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Quakerz wrote:
shildonlad wrote:Jesus spen666 just asked a question why all the abuse against him.

We just don't randomly abuse strangers on this board - have you been abused for example?

Always said he should have been banned off here ages ago. One face for here and another for facebook where he is always having a pop at us.

banktopp

Post by banktopp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

loan_star wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

Always said he should have been banned off here ages ago. One face for here and another for facebook where he is always having a pop at us.
Forget all the "in house banter", spen666 is a true hypocrite.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:55 pm

Yes folks i dont know the history with spen666 whoever he is, nowt against him myself but its sad to see any thread turn into a personal vendetta between board members whoevers on the right or wrong

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 pm

darlo_baron wrote:
shildonlad wrote:I bet Darlington whish they had owners like the bennots, who have at least tried and are like Steve Gibson into the fact they are fans. Not a good situation but as Richard bennots said in a interview he could have folded the club and walked away and who could have blamed him. His continued involvement keeps the way open for another owner which he personally is actively seeking. I guess it also gives time for a long shot of fan ownership. Can't see why some certain smart acres on this thread want the club out of business. Wouldn't it be good for the north east to have Darlington, Gateshead, Hartlepool and York in league two some great derbys

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
As Gateshead fans waved 20 pound notes at us when we were in administration. I am a bitter person and wouldn't bat an eyelid if Gateshead folded.
Not me infact i was liveing in luton at the time, even saw yous down there during that final season of the old club

I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Quakerz wrote:

He hasn’t been abused yet but if he carries on using terms like”the old club”it won’t be long in coming. :shh:

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Emdubya wrote:
Quakerz wrote:

He hasn’t been abused yet but if he carries on using terms like”the old club”it won’t be long in coming. :shh:
Alright should have said the club whilst singh was chairman

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:48 am

Darlogramps wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:
quakerman wrote:
Trike1 wrote:they can have caton to start them off Image
Totally uncalled for, just back off for God’s sake.Pea brain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
As much as you might not like the comment, your name calling is completely uncalled for and totally out of order. It also makes you a hypocrite, as you pulled me up on a similar thing.

Trike's comment was clearly intended as a joke, so the witch hunt that's been started is unnecessary and pathetic. Take it for what it is or ignore it.

Given that Comfortably_Numb, loan_star, dfcdfcdfc and Darlo_Pete were very quick to condemn me for something similar (the infamous "moron" comment), I'm expecting them to be equally as faux-outraged about this instance of namecalling. Otherwise they're all hypocrites.

But if people want to talk about Caton, he had two decent performances and contributed very little in the rest. He'd have been released if he'd been on a one-year deal. When the overwhelming majority of his performances have been ineffectual, it speaks volumes about his ability. A mediocre signing.
er....not sure if I'd say your 'moron' comment was infamous DG. Maradona handling the ball v England in the WC - that's infamous.

anyway - as I said to you before, the faux outage of your use of the word moron was more off the back of shock and surprise at you straying from your usual eloquence.

so basically, you're not allowed to resort to such language - but others are....a consequence of setting your own bar so high it seems :)
In fairness, you were saying generally that abuse is wrong in that. So failing to criticise Quakerman for doing the same thing is hypocritical. My point is there's double-standards being demonstrated.

But at least your response is more light-hearted than some of the cry-bully responses we've had.
Fair play

don'tbuythesun

Post by don'tbuythesun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:50 am

Looks like Southport are staying full time too.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:37 pm

New owner for the Heed....

https://www.gateshead-fc.com/club-state ... confirmed/

Doesn't sound much like a Geordie mind :D

QUAKERMAN2

Post by QUAKERMAN2 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm

LoidLucan wrote:New owner for the Heed....

https://www.gateshead-fc.com/club-state ... confirmed/

Doesn't sound much like a Geordie mind :D
Got to ask why, what is the attraction in Gateshead as they will more than likely lose millions.Cannot get my head round this, no potential or fan base.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:04 pm

It is bizarre. The cynic in me says he's using it to gain access to something but there's no land or stadium to own and redevelop, not much cash filtering down at that level, few fans as you say and what may well be a struggling team thats not worth a lot.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Small fan base but huge potential as was demonstrated during the play off season. As with all these foreign owners one sure does have to think about the motive but not as if he’s bought Gateshead to get the land, stadium etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:56 pm

shildonlad wrote:Small fan base but huge potential as was demonstrated during the play off season. As with all these foreign owners one sure does have to think about the motive but not as if he’s bought Gateshead to get the land, stadium etc

Huge potential? From what?

They basically get an increase in attendances when Newcastle are rubbish.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

lo36789 wrote:
shildonlad wrote:Small fan base but huge potential as was demonstrated during the play off season. As with all these foreign owners one sure does have to think about the motive but not as if he’s bought Gateshead to get the land, stadium etc

Huge potential? From what?

They basically get an increase in attendances when Newcastle are rubbish.
Not just Newcastle been rubbish you not see how attendances rose during the play off season. Couple that with gateaheads population. Not as if millions would need spending on ground

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 pm

There's not huge potential though. Quite the opposite.

Any club can reach the playoffs or even achieve something on the pitch with money thrown at it. Problem is, when there's no fambase despite money being chucked at the team, there's clearly no potential as the club can't grow if attendances don't grow.

There owners may have huge potential, but in that case, an infinite number of clubs 'have potential'.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Fatty eats roadkill

Post by Fatty eats roadkill » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:57 pm

Not our division, doesn’t affect us.
Waiting for Raj to shaft them!

H1987

Post by H1987 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:55 am

There's a potential football league team there, if they're managed properly.

Not a football stadium mind you. They had a plan to build a stadium in the city centre but i think that's all been shelved. Still, for all it's a cack venue, it's a good standard stadium in terms of amenities and ability to progress up the divisions.

Maybe he's just a football fan. As others have noted, there's no assets to strip.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:01 am

What's wrong with Hong Kong Rovers :D ?

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:04 am

H1987 wrote:There's a potential football league team there, if they're managed properly.
There's a potential football league team anywhere, if managed properly. Are Salford 'managed properly"?

See Spyman's well written explanation above.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

shawry

Post by shawry » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:40 am

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
H1987 wrote:There's a potential football league team there, if they're managed properly.
There's a potential football league team anywhere, if managed properly. Are Salford 'managed properly"?

See Spyman's well written explanation above.
Salford could be, if the money is not loaned, and the contracts offered are guaranteed even if the owners leave then there is no reason not to do what they are, yes if everything falls away they may plummet when they can't afford to recruit to the same level but why should that stop them now?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:27 pm

Not a football stadium mind you. They had a plan to build a stadium in the city centre but i think that's all been shelved. Still, for all it's a cack venue, it's a good standard stadium in terms of amenities and ability to progress up the divisions.

Maybe he's just a football fan. As others have noted, there's no assets to strip.
Summed up well. Call the international stadium what you like they could get in the football league with it I’m sure