Darlo vs East Fife... One for the stattos

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

part kangaroo
Team Supported: Darlington

Darlo vs East Fife... One for the stattos

Post by part kangaroo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:06 pm

Anyone remember a pre-season game from the mid 80s when East Fife came down & played Darlo. Think Darlo got beat 3.0 that day.

Can anyone provide the date of this match please?

Comfortably_numb

Re: Darlo vs East Fife... One for the stattos

Post by Comfortably_numb » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:46 pm

Can vaguely remember this but if we lost we must've played a mixed team of 1st team players and trialists. East Fife are gash playing at a gash level.

grimsbyquaker
Team Supported: Darlington FC

Post by grimsbyquaker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:58 pm

Remember a 1-2 home defeat a few years later. We equalised only for EF to score the winner. One of our young fans couldn’t take this but could only shout ‘f*** off yer scotch c***s at their small but jubilant following

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:13 pm

Comfortably_numb wrote:Can vaguely remember this but if we lost we must've played a mixed team of 1st team players and trialists. East Fife are gash playing at a gash level.
And what are we??? Let's not slag other teams off what gives us the God given right to..

dickdarlington

Post by dickdarlington » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Might be getting mixed up, but didn’t we play them in either 94 or 95 pre season. Seem to remember a programme from that time.

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:56 am

HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Comfortably_numb wrote:Can vaguely remember this but if we lost we must've played a mixed team of 1st team players and trialists. East Fife are gash playing at a gash level.
And what are we??? Let's not slag other teams off what gives us the God given right to..
Harry - as I now live in Scotland, I see a fair bit of football first hand up here. Seriously, any league 2 club should beat a club bouncing between the 3rd and 4th tier of Scottish football. Motherwell have just signed a player from Gateshead.

East Fife are gash. I'm not saying we're not gash either playing at a gash level. But when we get back to league 2 I'd be disappointed we couldn't see off a team like East Fife.

Quakerz

Post by Quakerz » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:25 am

I remember us annihilating Cowdenbeath 5-1 in the pre season before we won the conference under Little.

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

Comfortably_numb

Post by Comfortably_numb » Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:47 am

Probably a fair reflection of abilities v the blue Brazil. Cordon helped fund little into assembling a division 4/3 team so not a huge surprise with that result.

Still pre season so teams often made up of all sorts of players