Expenditure

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

AndyPark
Team Supported: Darlington

Expenditure

Post by AndyPark » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:47 pm

So far this summer:

- We've received £75,000 for Josh Heaton.
- £5000 from the Mark Beck deal.
- Undisclosed sums for both Turnbull & Gillies, rumoured to be around £15,000.
- £20,000 from winning the MarathonBet Challenge.

That's a lot of me for the club in the summer, I hope we are sticking a lot of that aside to stabilise the club for the long term or for a rainy day. Takes the pressure of us fans a little bit with this income.

That's not including the £86,00+ we raised for the #BoostTheBudget

Anyone got an indication of what the clubs plans are with this money?

divas

Re: Expenditure

Post by divas » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:25 pm

It’ll be used for operational costs in some way shape or form. We were expecting to still make a shortfall last season despite the additional 5 year season tickets due to crowds being poorer than expected and BM development costing more than expected.

I’d be surprised if we see much of the £75K for Heaton upfront either. Probably in instalments like many transfers lower down the pyramid. At least it will help support the cash flow next season and also any revenue gaps.

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:42 pm

I think there's always a temptation when we get a decent amount of money in. But if it's used to stabilise the club's finances, give us something to be used as a contingency and stop us needing our annual cash call, that'll do for me.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Darlogramps wrote:I think there's always a temptation when we get a decent amount of money in. But if it's used to stabilise the club's finances, give us something to be used as a contingency and stop us needing our annual cash call, that'll do for me.
Agree. I think people are quick to jump on £75,000 very few transfers in the UK are the full cash value up front. It’s always obvious when clubs go into admin and they are owing transfer fees from 2/3 years ago.

Quakerlad

Post by Quakerlad » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 pm

No excuses at all not to be debt free for once going into a new season.

The income this summer is incredible really. £85k fans, £75k Heaton, Say £15k Turnbull/gillies, £20k celebration, surely £40k from friendlies. That’s as well as usual season ticket money. Must be at least £225k. Realise some will be in installments etc etc and some towards playing budget but really don’t want to hear about any debts going forward.

With the playing budget reduced to match a more cautious approach, we must be financially the best we have been for a while.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:10 pm

Yes, we've got lucky. There was mention if Chester being given a lump sum - well so have we really, £20k prize money and £75k (allegedly) for Heaton.

This sort of money should go towards reducing the cash calls for us, the supporters, to chip in for day to day running costs

I'm all in favour of a boost the budget like we had this year with measurable a against amounts raised and then think anything else raised through player sales etc should just sit in the bank until needed for overall improvement.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:37 am

Not sure if the title of this thread is accurate as it seems to be mainly about 'Income'. No mention, for obvious reasons of commercial confidentiality, of transfer / signing-on fees, wages, travel, rent, running costs which is 'Expenditure'. Good to see the Board investing in stewarding training for volunteers which is not only giving us fans an alternative way to assist the club other than donating cash, but also reducing future expenditure on stewards. Hopefully, some of our recent windfalls have been put into a contingency fund and that TW has managed to keep within his budget. All the hallmarks of a professional operation that we can all be proud of. Keep it up, everyone!