Dave Mills

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlogramps
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Dave Mills

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:24 pm

loan_star wrote:
Darlogramps wrote:If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for me.
Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. Just makes you slightly hypocritical having a pop at me for using a rolling eyes emoji when you dragged me into that thread the other week.
You do realise the irony here, don't you? As in, you can't accuse me of being hypocritical when you've done the same thing. You do get that, don't you?

P.S. "Dragged me into that thread" - utterly hilarious. You replied because you wanted to. If you didn't want to reply, you wouldn't have started the row.
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Dodgy response that.
Pointless response that.
Last edited by Darlogramps on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

theoriginalfatcat

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
loan_star wrote:
Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. Just makes you slightly hypocritical having a pop at me for using a rolling eyes emoji when you dragged me into that thread the other week.
You do realise the irony here, don't you? As in, you can't accuse me of being hypocritical when you've done the same thing. You do get that, don't you?

P.S. "Dragged me into that thread" - utterly hilarious. You replied because you wanted to. If you didn't want to reply, you wouldn't have started the row.
HarryCharltonsCat wrote:
Dodgy response that.
Pointless response that.
"Dodgy" the band Gramps!! Harry cracked a joke :D

They had a song called " If It's good enough for you" ....
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:42 pm

My apologies HarryCharltonsCat, that one flew so far over me, you'd think I was Jordan Pickford.

A definite whoosh.
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Darlo-and-Back

Post by Darlo-and-Back » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:50 pm

boorman wrote:
Darlo-and-Back wrote:
boorman wrote:He used to teach me at secondary school - he's a very good man. His love for the club was absolutely genuine. There's no doubt in my mind that something pretty bad must have happened to him at Darlo for him to make the decision to leave and then work elsewhere. He wouldn't have done this lightly.

The club ran out of cash on his watch. That’s your explanation
Was he really the man signing off Martin Gray's transfer expenditure? I'm not convinced this was his brief. And when he left I can't recall one person saying "good riddance - it was his fault we ran out of money"... in fact everyone on here who commented on it seemed disappointed and wished him well.

Or am I wrong? Do you know more about the inner workings of this club than I do (quite possible, given I don't live in the region), and can you definitely say he was culpable for us over-extending ourselves in the MG era?
As director of the club and CEO.... you decide

HarryCharltonsCat

Post by HarryCharltonsCat » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Darlogramps wrote:My apologies HarryCharltonsCat, that one flew so far over me, you'd think I was Jordan Pickford.

A definite whoosh.
:thumbup: