Darlo Uncovered
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/

Sunderland game tonight
http://darlofc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35709
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Sunderland game tonight

Couldn't make the game on Saturday against Motherwell, so tonight's my first pre-season friendly that I can make. Should be a good game against a very strong Sunderland side. It's really good that Sunderland agreed to move the game forward 24 hours, to avoid a clash with the England semi-final. Unfortunately the other semi-final is tonight, so that's bound to affect the attendance and the game is no longer all ticket.

Author:  en passant [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Thought that the over 800 crowd on Saturday was a good turnout so maybe a lot fewer tonight should be too much of a disappointment. If we get 400 to 500 that would be pretty good.
On another thought, there has been no word on any potential trialists. No evidence on Saturday that there are plans to bring anyone else in at the moment.

Author:  onewayup [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

No where near 800 on Sunday, we're you there a max of 500, really hope more turn up to the other friendly's all helps with funding the club.

Author:  Robbie Painter [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

onewayup wrote:
No where near 800 on Sunday, we're you there a max of 500, really hope more turn up to the other friendly's all helps with funding the club.


752 through the turnstile and 50 in hospitality. DFC gain nothing by overstating a crowd!

Author:  polarbear [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Spennymoor play a full strength Middlesbrough tonight, think we could lose a few fans going to your game, lot of Sunderland fans in Spennymoor.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

en passant wrote:
Thought that the over 800 crowd on Saturday was a good turnout so maybe a lot fewer tonight should be too much of a disappointment. If we get 400 to 500 that would be pretty good.
On another thought, there has been no word on any potential trialists. No evidence on Saturday that there are plans to bring anyone else in at the moment.


I'd have thought that even with the semi-final tonight, we'd get at least a similar crowd tonight, as it's Sunderland's first friendly of the season, it's not far from Sunderland and all there new signings will be playing tonight. Well I'll be there anyway!

Author:  offside [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Robbie Painter wrote:
onewayup wrote:
No where near 800 on Sunday, we're you there a max of 500, really hope more turn up to the other friendly's all helps with funding the club.


752 through the turnstile and 50 in hospitality. DFC gain nothing by overstating a crowd!


Good few from Motherwell which was good to see

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

I'd say more Sunderland fans than Darlo fans tonight, Its never floated my boat this fixture TBH

Author:  Darlopartisan [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Can anyone tell me what the car parking cost is tonight please?

Author:  onewayup [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

I think it's a fiver which is normal unless you have a car parking pass.

Author:  en passant [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

onewayup wrote:
No where near 800 on Sunday, we're you there a max of 500, really hope more turn up to the other friendly's all helps with funding the club.


Yes I was there and heard the announcement saying the crowd was 802, hence my ' over 800' comment.

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

1332 good crowd tonight I would of thought they were expecting at least 1800[emoji12]

Author:  Comfortably_numb [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Any score updates?

Author:  Comfortably_numb [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Scratch that - quick check on Twatter and I see we're 1-0 up. and holding our own it would seem?

Author:  HarrytheQuaker [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Won 1-0 great little run out from the lads

Author:  H1987 [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Great result, such a shame to see such a low crowd though. Was always going to be tough up against a world cup semi final though. Should've given Sunderland more tickets probably.

Author:  50 years [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Whole Team played well tonight and had another three good chances. Good entertaining game. Bodes well for the season if they keep this up.

Author:  Darlopartisan [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

50 years wrote:
Whole Team played well tonight and had another three good chances. Good entertaining game. Bodes well for the season if they keep this up.


Agreed, however a few of the lads need to loose some weight , but you can some good footballers out there

Author:  Vokuhila [ Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Yeah, there was a fair bit of excess timber out there tonight, but it is only the tenth of July. I reckon Liam Hughes in particular could become a big fans' favourite this season.

Author:  D_F_C [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

I thought at times we looked very sharp for game 2 of preseason. Hughes looks very good to me. Could do with losing a little bit of weight, but if he stays fit, he’s our new holding midfielder and did a good job.

The only thing I fear is that I’m not sure what formation Tommy wants to play and what suits the players best. They’ve never played well with 3/5 at the back. He wants to play Ainge and Styche but doesn’t want to play 4-4-2. If he doesn’t play wide men then where does Thompson fit in.

Could be a 4-3-3 like last night started off


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  JE93 [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Great result to have last night. We all know results don't mean much in pre-season but it certainly won't do our lads confidence any harm.

Agree with what those have said above. Couple of players could do with shifting a bit of weight to help with fitness but we seem to have a fairly capable side.

We looked much more solid with 4 at the back. The players knew their roles and in the main we defended well. Credit to Harvey Saunders as well. I was one at the end of last season who was wondering if he had the football brain to go with his pace. But in both friendlies he's been making good runs in behind and took his chance against Motherwell very well. Fingers crossed it's a break through season for him.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Fantastic performance last night, thought the whole team played excellently. Have to admit Harvey Saunders looks a completely different player. Spoke to TW after the game and said they'd be sticking with a back 4 and that the team has only been in training for 5 hours, which makes last nights performance even better. Good to see Michael Oliver refereed the game, had a bit of banter with him as they went off at halftime, as I said his wife was a better ref than he was, which made him laugh. Thought the 400 predictions for the crowd were a bit on the low side.

Author:  MCFCDarlo3 [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Fantastic performance last night, thought the whole team played excellently. Have to admit Harvey Saunders looks a completely different player. Spoke to TW after the game and said they'd be sticking with a back 4 and that the team has only been in training for 5 hours, which makes last nights performance even better. Good to see Michael Oliver refereed the game, had a bit of banter with him as they went off at halftime, as I said his wife was a better ref than he was, which made him laugh. Thought the 400 predictions for the crowd were a bit on the low side.


My mate went, said most of the crowd were Sunderland.Good crowd for a friendly though and some welcome cash.

Author:  LoidLucan [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Some of the Sunland fans have gone into meltdown ... "season's a write-off if we cant beat a non-league side" etc etc. Our fans have kept the result in perspective, some of theirs have hit the panic button.

Author:  Emdubya [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Vokuhila wrote:
Yeah, there was a fair bit of excess timber out there tonight, but it is only the tenth of July. I reckon Liam Hughes in particular could become a big fans' favourite this season.

Where exactly is this excess timber?.Apart from Hughes who has obviously got a stone or so he could do without.Styche and Ainge are what they are,well built strong forwards and the rest of them looked in pretty good nick to me.

Author:  Vokuhila [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Emdubya wrote:
Vokuhila wrote:
Yeah, there was a fair bit of excess timber out there tonight, but it is only the tenth of July. I reckon Liam Hughes in particular could become a big fans' favourite this season.

Where exactly is this excess timber?.Apart from Hughes who has obviously got a stone or so he could do without.Styche and Ainge are what they are,well built strong forwards and the rest of them looked in pretty good nick to me.


I was thinking more of Nicholson and O'Hanlon to be honest.

Author:  QuakerPete [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

It was noticeable how often Ainge won those high balls up front


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Author:  Quakerz [ Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Yeah, I saw a little video on twitter showcasing all of Ainge's many goals since converting to a striker - my god, he looked phenomenal in the air. It just seemed as though all you had to do was get the ball in the box somewhere near his head, and it was in.

The majority of his 30+ goals were headers, many of them I wondered how he even got on the end of them.

The guy looks a beast - I can't wait to see him play live for us.

Author:  Darlo_Pete [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

A report on the game last night on Look North, that you can download on BBC i player. Although it was very biased towards Sunderland, talked to Sunderland fans before the game, only showed our goal and then Sunderland attacks. Then only talked to their manager and not TW, still what do we expect from the BBC?

Author:  polarbear [ Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Sunderland game tonight

Darlo_Pete wrote:
A report on the game last night on Look North, that you can download on BBC i player. Although it was very biased towards Sunderland, talked to Sunderland fans before the game, only showed our goal and then Sunderland attacks. Then only talked to their manager and not TW, still what do we expect from the BBC?

At least you got a mention v youngsters trialists and lower league players, Spennymoor got nothing v a full strength Boro team

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/