You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:03 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Ledgends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:24 pm
Posts: 1220
Team Supported: Darlington
Good job you're not on ticket sales!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
Can see this been called off looking at the weather

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 354
Team Supported: Darlington
Just had a quick mention on look north


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 494
Team Supported: Darlington
With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
Emdubya wrote:
With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o

How big are the changing rooms at BM?? Have we hired a portakabin for the big uns..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
HarrytheQuaker wrote:
Emdubya wrote:
With the latest 4 announced there must be about 30 of the buggers now :o

How big are the changing rooms at BM?? Have we hired a portakabin for the big uns..


And they'll be plenty of those. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
Rain hasn't been as bad as forecast up to now. Light rain throughout today shouldn't be a problem. But they are now forecasting heavy rain from 9am through to 2pm, which may well be a problem and will certainly affect the attendance.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm coming up on the choo choo so bloody hope it's on if not then fingers crossed they cancel my train and I get refunded


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 1379
Team Supported: Darlington
Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 499
Team Supported: Darlington
onewayup wrote:
Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.


Nice to see a positive attitude regarding today's game.
Some of us get a little fed up of the gloomy weather predictions, not just this game either.
There are some on here who usually start predicting the bad weather on a Tuesday prior to league games and are often wrong..
They know who they are..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
I did some of this, but when you are an exile who doesn't get to many games, and missed 5 games in a row due to bad weather, then it is going to make you slightly uneasy about the weather. To be fair, from Feb to April, every week the weather without fail would tip it down Friday into Saturday and it did hammer our attendances.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
My opinion wrote:
onewayup wrote:
Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.


Nice to see a positive attitude regarding today's game.
Some of us get a little fed up of the gloomy weather predictions, not just this game either.
There are some on here who usually start predicting the bad weather on a Tuesday prior to league games and are often wrong..
They know who they are..


So we are to ignore all weather forecasts then?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:38 pm
Posts: 12467
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
My opinion wrote:
onewayup wrote:
Today's the day, the rain will ease by lunchtime, get yourselfs down to Blackwell for a 2pm kick off.


Nice to see a positive attitude regarding today's game.
Some of us get a little fed up of the gloomy weather predictions, not just this game either.
There are some on here who usually start predicting the bad weather on a Tuesday prior to league games and are often wrong..
They know who they are..


So we are to ignore all weather forecasts then?



Well it’s not going to change anything is it?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10979
Team Supported: Darlington
Vodka_Vic wrote:
No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.


Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7791
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.


Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.


If you are that concerned and have the capacity to check a Darlo_Pete authored thread on darlo uncovered you have the capacity to google the weather forecast.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 1379
Team Supported: Darlington
It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 499
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.


Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.

But that is the problem.
Your "heads up" on a "possible" problem especially earler on in the week are very often wrong.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:54 pm
Posts: 52
Team Supported: Darlington
onewayup wrote:
It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.


Exactly, get down and support the club with all the effort our brilliant volunteers have put in, money into the coffers, looking forward to a great afternoon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2501
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
Vodka_Vic wrote:
No, but it does affect whether you travel as an exile, depending on how far away you live.


Exactly, if I didn't live in this area, I'd be pleased if people gave me a heads up on possible weather related problems.
Yeah cos if I was bothered about weather I'd go on here rather than a weather site

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1239
Team Supported: Darlington
quakerman wrote:
onewayup wrote:
It's england, the world doesn't stop turning because of the weather, if you want to help make it a good day turn up and help make it so. You can make it better by being there at Blackwell meadow 2pm kick off, rain subsiding through early afternoon according to the forecast.


Exactly, get down and support the club with all the effort our brilliant volunteers have put in, money into the coffers, looking forward to a great afternoon.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Me and the little'un are back for this this afternoon. We also went to the RA yesterday. Making up for the Easter postponements.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:02 pm
Posts: 1379
Team Supported: Darlington
Halftime 4-0 darlo lovely fine afternoon. Gooday so far.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1461
Team Supported: Darlington
Really enjoyed that, it was an excellent afternoon some great football and some very good goals, if you could not make it you missed something special.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11440
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
Really enjoyed that, it was an excellent afternoon some great football and some very good goals, if you could not make it you missed something special.
What was the attendance like?

Some real left field names in the 'legends' team by the looks of it - Ruel Fox for example!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:36 am
Posts: 1461
Team Supported: Darlington
As a guess on attendance about 1100, look out for Thompsons and Henshalls goals ,brilliant.

_________________
Help get the club back to Darlo by helping to spread the word about the "Back to Darlo!" fund. The image on the right will be constantly updated with the latest total so please feel free to use the image link below the thermometer on your own signatures, blogs, websites, etc.Image
Image link: http://www.mydarlo.co.uk/img/BTD-therm-350x100.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Posts: 2357
Team Supported: Darlington
1362

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:40 pm
Posts: 3429
Team Supported: Darlington
poppyfield wrote:
As a guess on attendance about 1100, look out for Thompsons and Henshalls goals ,brilliant.


Henshall's goal was brilliant :clap: We got a really good view of it - he teed it up quickly and hit it right on the 'sweet spot'. If this had been done in a proper match we would be rightly raving on about for years!

_________________
Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm
Posts: 280
Team Supported: Darlington
It was great to see Amar again, who looked as if he could step back in to the side with ease, and the way he made one of the goals was great to see. You could tell that he enjoyed being back with us again.
Even the weather was kind; the torrential rain eased off and it got quite bright at one point. A really enjoyable afternoon and some good coverage on the telly tonight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 2600
Location: Milford Haven
Team Supported: Darlington
Feethams 1966 wrote:
It was great to see Amar again, who looked as if he could step back in to the side with ease, and the way he made one of the goals was great to see. You could tell that he enjoyed being back with us again.
Even the weather was kind; the torrential rain eased off and it got quite bright at one point. A really enjoyable afternoon and some good coverage on the telly tonight.


Any chance of a link for us exiles? :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Legends game
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:32 am
Posts: 2058
Team Supported: Darlington
Goals are here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO898bYrDn4

Working on the full highlights here. However we've got five cameras worth of footage to shift through so might take me a little longer than normal.

_________________
www.twitter.com
Darlington FC on YouTube


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Craig09, Google [Bot], tdk1 and 36 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group