Pears

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

H1987
Team Supported: Darlington

Pears

Post by H1987 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:07 pm

Gone to Gateshead on a season long loan.

A little gutted tbh. I know we've moved on, and it makes sense to have our own keeper rather than relying on a loanee entirely, but still...

Will watch on keenly. I suspect he will be the best keeper in the conference by a mile.

shildonlad
Team Supported: Newcastle united and gateshead

Pears

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:54 pm

His dad was a coach at Gateshead for a Short while. Good signing, with the loss of montgomerey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by shildonlad on Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

Beano

Re: Pears

Post by Beano » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:23 pm

He was far too good for another season in the Conference North, as much as we’d have loved to keep him.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:25 pm

No surprise at all. The lad did well at our level so pretty obvious he had to go up a level.Thought he would have gone one better to be honest.Hope he does well.

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:28 pm

I’m just surprised he has gone to a part time conference club.

I thought he might pop up in league 2, but I guess it depends who is in need. He’s probably way too good for the conference national too.

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Looks like he'll get plenty of work up there to show his qualities.

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:31 pm

H1987 wrote:I’m just surprised he has gone to a part time conference club.

I thought he might pop up in league 2, but I guess it depends who is in need. He’s probably way too good for the conference national too.
Gateshead stayed full time I believe and have just been taken over.

It's a good move for him, a season in the National League, if it goes well next year he probably goes 1st/2nd division, progression for the lad.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:34 pm

H1987 wrote:I’m just surprised he has gone to a part time conference club.

They (Middlesbrough) may want him somewhere local, which somewhat limits his options when it comes to f/t and league clubs where he's good enough to get games.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

H1987

Post by H1987 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:22 pm

I knew they'd just been taken over, but i thought the decision to go part time had already been made? Correct me if i'm wrong of course.

Mind, this is better than him pulling on a Pools shirt I suppose...

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:56 pm

According to the Echo write up on Gateshead,Pears kept 5 clean sheets in 7 games for us.
Pathetic journalism.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:25 pm

H1987 wrote:I knew they'd just been taken over, but i thought the decision to go part time had already been made? Correct me if i'm wrong of course.

Mind, this is better than him pulling on a Pools shirt I suppose...
Gateshead stayed full time just on a reduced budget with a lot of young local players. Pears will be a good fit for there current model. Not sure how much extra will be spent to bolster the squad. Ex Newcastle player mike Williamson rumoured

I may not live in the north east anymore but i still support the north east teams

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:10 pm

If the gadgie from Hong Kong doesn't get his hand in his pocket Pears could find he gets plenty of practice at shot stopping... and bending down to pick the ball out of the net!

quakerste

Post by quakerste » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Not much of a step up. Playing in front of 500 instead of 1200, would have been better coming back here for the season.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:53 pm

quakerste wrote:Not much of a step up. Playing in front of 500 instead of 1200, would have been better coming back here for the season.
He'll be up against stronger opposition on a more regular basis, which is what he'll need to develop. The crowds and quality of his own team won't play as big a part.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

super_les_mcjannet

Post by super_les_mcjannet » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 pm

quakerste wrote:Not much of a step up. Playing in front of 500 instead of 1200, would have been better coming back here for the season.
Don't think crowd size makes the conclusion of whether it's a step up in quality week in week out.

He is playing in more professional league against better teams each week, it's a step up.

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:31 pm

Steve Watson clearly has good contacts at Boro because he's also managed to get Luke Armstrong on loan and he scored a hat-trick today in Gateshead's game at Blyth where he used to play and his dad's the boss. You would have thought Alun could have swung it to get his young un back at Blyth for a stint.

shildonlad

Post by shildonlad » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:04 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Steve Watson clearly has good contacts at Boro because he's also managed to get Luke Armstrong on loan and he scored a hat-trick today in Gateshead's game at Blyth where he used to play and his dad's the boss. You would have thought Alun could have swung it to get his young un back at Blyth for a stint.
more chance of him progressing whilst at Gateshead and also playing full time football

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:14 pm

Would have been good to have Pears back at BM, but makes more sense for us not to have a loanee who could be called back to Boro if they had a crisis. By signing our own player, we have 1st call on his services and no need to rebuild relationship between keeper and back 4. Clean sheets are vital if we are to make any challenge for promotion and a settled defence who have confidence in each other is essential.

Best of luck to Aynsley, not sure if it is the best move for him though.