You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:05 pm View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:51 pm
Posts: 1007
Team Supported: Darlington
David Johnston interviewed by Ray saying getting through 3 rounds of the FA Cup would be worth around £100,000 to the club. Good money even at these early stages


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4937
Team Supported: Darlington
Yes but we don't like to talk about cup competitions Pete as it's pointless :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2152
Team Supported: Darlington
Substitute Darlo for Chester.......

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/how-much-prize-money-paid-14875821

.... altho obviously not for the bit about getting through to the Second Round proper!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10858
Team Supported: Darlington
I'd be happy just to win one cup game. :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:18 pm
Posts: 1003
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'd be happy just to win one cup game. :D

Sorry but does this add up? if we enter at the same stage Chester do, see link (don't we?) winning 3 rounds would only generate £49,000 wouldn't it? I have been wrong once already today so am prepared to be corrected again!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:38 am
Posts: 357
Team Supported: Darlington
bga wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'd be happy just to win one cup game. :D

Sorry but does this add up? if we enter at the same stage Chester do, see link (don't we?) winning 3 rounds would only generate £49,000 wouldn't it? I have been wrong once already today so am prepared to be corrected again!

Yep, bga, 49k if we win the first three ties, not 100k. DJ's getting a bit carried away :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7774
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
biccynana wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'd be happy just to win one cup game. :D

Sorry but does this add up? if we enter at the same stage Chester do, see link (don't we?) winning 3 rounds would only generate £49,000 wouldn't it? I have been wrong once already today so am prepared to be corrected again!

Yep, bga, 49k if we win the first three ties, not 100k. DJ's getting a bit carried away :thumbup:


If a conference north team gets into first round proper there is a high likelihood they will be televised.

I think £70k was what Warrington took from their appearance a few years ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 4937
Team Supported: Darlington
Not listened but surely Johnston would also be taking into account any extra gate receipts, sponsorship from 4 games minimum if we got through 3 rounds.

This would all mount up to an expected 100k, which is irrelevant anyhow as just winning one game has been a bridge too far for us.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:41 pm
Posts: 1128
Team Supported: Darlington
Yes but that applies to York now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 am
Posts: 1510
Team Supported: Darlington
I thought I’d read somewhere that prize money had pretty much doubled this year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 2469
Team Supported: Darlington
D_F_C wrote:
I thought I’d read somewhere that prize money had pretty much doubled this year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has hence 49k for getting into 1st round proper, win that and its an extra 36k prize money. A cup run really would help us massively wouldn't it.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm
Posts: 783
Team Supported: Darlington
lo36789 wrote:
biccynana wrote:
bga wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I'd be happy just to win one cup game. :D

Sorry but does this add up? if we enter at the same stage Chester do, see link (don't we?) winning 3 rounds would only generate £49,000 wouldn't it? I have been wrong once already today so am prepared to be corrected again!

Yep, bga, 49k if we win the first three ties, not 100k. DJ's getting a bit carried away :thumbup:


If a conference north team gets into first round proper there is a high likelihood they will be televised.

I think £70k was what Warrington took from their appearance a few years ago.

Not if they draw another non league team.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 10858
Team Supported: Darlington
I think we'd need some pretty favorable draws to get through to the first round proper of the FA Cup. Even when we've played lesser ranked teams, we still seem to struggle, like South Shields last season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm
Posts: 752
Location: Newton Aycliffe
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I think we'd need some pretty favorable draws to get through to the first round proper of the FA Cup. Even when we've played lesser ranked teams, we still seem to struggle, like South Shields last season.


It's only 2 rounds from where we come in, it's more than achievable. To get to the 3rd round you need a bit of luck. :thumbup:

_________________
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 3940
Team Supported: Darlington
real_darlo_85 wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
I think we'd need some pretty favorable draws to get through to the first round proper of the FA Cup. Even when we've played lesser ranked teams, we still seem to struggle, like South Shields last season.


It's only 2 rounds from where we come in, it's more than achievable. [emoji106]


*Three rounds, but the point is a fair one.

When was the last time we won in three rounds of the FA Cup in the same season I wonder?

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup Prizemoney
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:27 am
Posts: 1193
Team Supported: Darlington
I'm guessing the first Conference season - 89-90. Runcorn 4th qualifying, Northwich 1st round, Halifax 2nd round.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: al_quaker, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group