Former Players sly digs at TW on twitter

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

quakerman
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Former Players sly digs at TW on twitter

Post by quakerman » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:54 am

LoidLucan wrote:It's a similar to situation to when Wright spoke about the financial/budget situation he inherited. MG hated the inference that he had put the club in danger due to reckless spending and Wright had to sort the mess out. When that went into print, Gray clearly demanded to have his say and stated that it was his cash that kept the club going during the early days. In this case the former players hate the inference that they weren't really good enough and Wright feels he has now brought in better. So they have fired back because they feel they have been unfairly slighted. I think there was also some feeling against importing all these players from another area of the country who in their opinion weren't necessarily better. One former Darlo player told me he couldn't believe it when Greg Mills was getting a start before Gillies at one stage. He said he felt there were many local players on our doorstep who were far better, and fitter, than Mills. And remember former caretaker manager Turnbull was stripped of the captaincy and it was handed to Styche.
Got to agree about Mills, Tommy made a mistake here and obviously realised that by getting rid of him but Gillies was a better option without a doubt.When Turnbull lost the captaincy and his place in the team for a couple of games, that probably was the point at which Phil was looking at other options.Still sorry he has left tbh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theoriginalfatcat
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Former Players sly digs at TW on twitter

Post by theoriginalfatcat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:41 am

LoidLucan wrote: And remember former caretaker manager Turnbull was stripped of the captaincy and it was handed to Styche.
Good point, personally I can understand that this wouldn't of gone down well with Turnbull and looking back I think he was a good captain - but things change - they changed when Gray left us in the lurch.
Profile pic ↗️
Feethams the Panda. 28 Jan 2012.
Now extinct!