Darlington FC V Curzon Ashton Match Thread

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

Darlopartisan
Team Supported: Darlington

Re: Darlington FC V Curzon Ashton Match Thread

Post by Darlopartisan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:So how many games does O’Hanlon miss is it 1 or 3 ?
Only 1 for an offence of this nature. 3 match bans involve violent conduct.
Thanks

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:58 am

Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:So how many games does O’Hanlon miss is it 1 or 3 ?
Only 1 for an offence of this nature. 3 match bans involve violent conduct.
I take it that he'll be available for the games at Spennymoor and Brackley and he'll miss the game the following week?

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 am

divas wrote:I’ve always been curious as to how the players we’ve bought would all fit together, based on yesterday I think Tommy is in the same boat. For me it’s Ainge or Styche not Ainge and Styche. Given Ainge looked like a defender playing up front on Saturday I’d go with Styche with Ainge at the back or on the bench for the moment. The 4-5-1 last season worked really well by giving both the width and the extra man in the middle when needed. I hope we go back to that now that Thommo is back.
We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 am

H1987 wrote:How did the team fitness look overall?

I ask as we must have one of the larger pitches in the league, so if we're poor fitness wise, that might go towards explaining poorer home form. I know there's been concerns over the weight of a few
You would hope/assume that White would be putting a big focus on fitness.
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlogramps

Post by Darlogramps » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 am

Radar wrote: We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.
Interesting.

Considering you said last season TW was "out of his depth", "not the man to take us forward" and "doesn't have a clue", do you class yourself as being "so fickle it's scary"?
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

Quakers83

Post by Quakers83 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:41 am

I guess the hindrance with 4-4-2 is that it may leave us a little open through the middle. Last season Syers would drop-in but it’s clear we want to try and get the best out of Styche & Ainge. Either way I’d be tempted to go for it - if Henshall is as good as TW says he is then give him a start on left-wing.

I don’t see the need to put Ainge at centre-half just yet - Galbraith is a good centre-half at this level, we just need Burn to be an improvement. Ainge looks dangerous, and he can strike the ball as good as Thompson - we just need to provide the service.

Radar

Post by Radar » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Darlogramps wrote:
Radar wrote: We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.
Interesting.

Considering you said last season TW was "out of his depth", "not the man to take us forward" and "doesn't have a clue", do you class yourself as being "so fickle it's scary"?
That was my initial thoughts having gone a number of games without points. TW turned it around and the season finished too soon for us with a very strong finish. I’m not jumping on his back after one game, and even if he was to go on a poor run, sacking him would not be the answer due to the sheer amount of players we have signed from east/West Midlands who are all at the club because they know TW. That’s another subject for another day.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm

Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:32 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?
What good would be having a goalkeeper coach on the bench on a match day?.Colletts work is done midweek at training. Maddison dropped a bollock and I doubt he needed a coach to tell him that.

PierremontQuaker03

Post by PierremontQuaker03 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:45 pm

I thought one of the reasons why Collett came in was because not only he was a coach he would be involved on matchdays etc
Emdubya wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
What good would be having a goalkeeper coach on the bench on a match day?.Colletts work is done midweek at training. Maddison dropped a bollock and I doubt he needed a coach to tell him that.
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman

Spyman

Post by Spyman » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm

PierremontQuaker03 wrote:I thought one of the reasons why Collett came in was because not only he was a coach he would be involved on matchdays etc
Emdubya wrote:
Maybe he's on holiday?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

Darlo_Pete

Post by Darlo_Pete » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm

quakerste wrote:Whitey was watching from the balcony.
Can't see the point in staying up there when we are getting beat, perhaps he should have come down to the touchline, sometime in the second half.

mikkyx
Site Admin

Post by mikkyx » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Darlo_Pete wrote:
Can't see the point in staying up there when we are getting beat, perhaps he should have come down to the touchline, sometime in the second half.
That would have violated his touchline ban a bit, I think.
Darlo Uncovered flux capacitor maintainer-in-chief
Darlo Fans Radio | Official Website

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm

mikkyx wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
That would have violated his touchline ban a bit, I think.
Just a bit haha...

LoidLucan

Post by LoidLucan » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm

Curzon finding things a bit trickier tonight against the Salford old boys XI.

Emdubya

Post by Emdubya » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm

LoidLucan wrote:Curzon finding things a bit trickier tonight against the Salford old boys XI.
No surprise really.They were ordinary at best .Hopefully we won’t be as poor as we were on Saturday again this season.