You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:15 am View unanswered posts | View active topics



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:49 pm
Posts: 397
Team Supported: Darlington
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
So how many games does O’Hanlon miss is it 1 or 3 ?

Only 1 for an offence of this nature. 3 match bans involve violent conduct.


Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11102
Team Supported: Darlington
Maurice_Peddelty wrote:
Darlopartisan wrote:
So how many games does O’Hanlon miss is it 1 or 3 ?

Only 1 for an offence of this nature. 3 match bans involve violent conduct.


I take it that he'll be available for the games at Spennymoor and Brackley and he'll miss the game the following week?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am
Posts: 116
Team Supported: Darlington
divas wrote:
I’ve always been curious as to how the players we’ve bought would all fit together, based on yesterday I think Tommy is in the same boat. For me it’s Ainge or Styche not Ainge and Styche. Given Ainge looked like a defender playing up front on Saturday I’d go with Styche with Ainge at the back or on the bench for the moment. The 4-5-1 last season worked really well by giving both the width and the extra man in the middle when needed. I hope we go back to that now that Thommo is back.


We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11484
Team Supported: Darlington
H1987 wrote:
How did the team fitness look overall?

I ask as we must have one of the larger pitches in the league, so if we're poor fitness wise, that might go towards explaining poorer home form. I know there's been concerns over the weight of a few

You would hope/assume that White would be putting a big focus on fitness.

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 4175
Team Supported: Darlington
Radar wrote:
We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.


Interesting.

Considering you said last season TW was "out of his depth", "not the man to take us forward" and "doesn't have a clue", do you class yourself as being "so fickle it's scary"?

_________________
If ever you're bored or miserable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:40 am
Posts: 154
Team Supported: Darlington
I guess the hindrance with 4-4-2 is that it may leave us a little open through the middle. Last season Syers would drop-in but it’s clear we want to try and get the best out of Styche & Ainge. Either way I’d be tempted to go for it - if Henshall is as good as TW says he is then give him a start on left-wing.

I don’t see the need to put Ainge at centre-half just yet - Galbraith is a good centre-half at this level, we just need Burn to be an improvement. Ainge looks dangerous, and he can strike the ball as good as Thompson - we just need to provide the service.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:10 am
Posts: 116
Team Supported: Darlington
Darlogramps wrote:
Radar wrote:
We’ve splashed a fortune on both transfer fees and wages for Styche and Ainge to be our front two. That partnership won’t be changing anytime soon and I fully expect the pair of them will be a handful for any defence they face. We lost the game fair and square, it happens, but some of you lot are so fickle it’s scary. If we are struggling after 5/6 games, then have your moan but for now, get behind TW and the players.


Interesting.

Considering you said last season TW was "out of his depth", "not the man to take us forward" and "doesn't have a clue", do you class yourself as being "so fickle it's scary"?


That was my initial thoughts having gone a number of games without points. TW turned it around and the season finished too soon for us with a very strong finish. I’m not jumping on his back after one game, and even if he was to go on a poor run, sacking him would not be the answer due to the sheer amount of players we have signed from east/West Midlands who are all at the club because they know TW. That’s another subject for another day.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1678
Team Supported: Darlington
Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 534
Team Supported: Darlington
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?

What good would be having a goalkeeper coach on the bench on a match day?.Colletts work is done midweek at training. Maddison dropped a bollock and I doubt he needed a coach to tell him that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am
Posts: 1678
Team Supported: Darlington
I thought one of the reasons why Collett came in was because not only he was a coach he would be involved on matchdays etc

Emdubya wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?

What good would be having a goalkeeper coach on the bench on a match day?.Colletts work is done midweek at training. Maddison dropped a bollock and I doubt he needed a coach to tell him that.

_________________
“If you can't hit a driver, don't.”
Greg Norman


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:04 pm
Posts: 11484
Team Supported: Darlington
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
I thought one of the reasons why Collett came in was because not only he was a coach he would be involved on matchdays etc

Emdubya wrote:
PierremontQuaker03 wrote:
Just watched the highlights - I wanted to look at Curzon's first goal again - the ref got it right - it was a goal. It looks like Maddison and Ainge collide - mainly because I dont think Maddison shouts that he is getting it and he and Ainge collide.
Goals change games, and we undoubtedly created our own downfall on Saturday - up ti their goal they did very little.
Where was Collett on Saturday I thought he would be on the bench as one of the coaches?

What good would be having a goalkeeper coach on the bench on a match day?.Colletts work is done midweek at training. Maddison dropped a bollock and I doubt he needed a coach to tell him that.
Maybe he's on holiday?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

_________________
On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm
Posts: 11102
Team Supported: Darlington
quakerste wrote:
Whitey was watching from the balcony.


Can't see the point in staying up there when we are getting beat, perhaps he should have come down to the touchline, sometime in the second half.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:13 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 pm
Posts: 3663
Darlo_Pete wrote:
quakerste wrote:
Whitey was watching from the balcony.


Can't see the point in staying up there when we are getting beat, perhaps he should have come down to the touchline, sometime in the second half.


That would have violated his touchline ban a bit, I think.

_________________
Mike Price - @mikkyx
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 pm
Posts: 7840
Location: Liverpool
Team Supported: Darlington
mikkyx wrote:
Darlo_Pete wrote:
quakerste wrote:
Whitey was watching from the balcony.


Can't see the point in staying up there when we are getting beat, perhaps he should have come down to the touchline, sometime in the second half.


That would have violated his touchline ban a bit, I think.


Just a bit haha...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:29 am
Posts: 2353
Team Supported: Darlington
Curzon finding things a bit trickier tonight against the Salford old boys XI.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:31 am
Posts: 534
Team Supported: Darlington
LoidLucan wrote:
Curzon finding things a bit trickier tonight against the Salford old boys XI.

No surprise really.They were ordinary at best .Hopefully we won’t be as poor as we were on Saturday again this season.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group