You are here: darlofc.co.uk » Board index » The Uncovered Forums » Virtual Feethams
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:30 am View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Re: Spennymoor tonight.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:36 pm 

Team Supported: Darlington
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Strong rumours that Spendy have signed centre forward Shaun Tuton from Chester. Has only been at Chester for a week or so and was apparently on non-contract terms. It's maybe that vibe again :D

No knocking them down is there, just how do they do it if Groves has stopped funding them.Where is the money coming from, certainly not through the turnstyles.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Sponsorship & Commercial partnerships - The club has built strong community links and with local businesses to build up strong community support and lots of corporate support.

Blog: www.spen666.wordpress.com

Twitter: @spen_666

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:49 pm 

spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:
Strong rumours that Spendy have signed centre forward Shaun Tuton from Chester. Has only been at Chester for a week or so and was apparently on non-contract terms. It's maybe that vibe again :D

No knocking them down is there, just how do they do it if Groves has stopped funding them.Where is the money coming from, certainly not through the turnstyles.

Sponsorship & Commercial partnerships - The club has built strong community links and with local businesses to build up strong community support and lots of corporate support.
You'd think these local business would want exposure to a large potential customer base for the amount of money they must be piling in!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On Sunday April 29, 2012 at 10:25 pm, Darlo Cockney wrote:
Sadly some people have nothing better to do that invent rumours.

We will be playing at the arena again next season - fact.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:37 pm 

spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

I thought it came from the magical money tree and the ground fairies?

Only 698 there on Saturday, is the £14 putting people off?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:23 pm 

Spyman wrote:
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

You'd think these local business would want exposure to a large potential customer base for the amount of money they must be piling in!

Clearly Spennymoor are doing something the businesses like as they are involved and provide significant sponsorship.

You can get jealous, make snide comments or you can perhaps look at what is happening and see how it can be used to help your club.

Every club can learn from other clubs.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:38 pm 

With the greatest respect Spen, mentioning ‘snide comments’ when you speculated financial disarray not so long ago on social-media when we announced some form of reduced deal (season tickets?) really is ironic.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 pm 

jjljks wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Noticed their attendance was 1100 down for Altrincham, so Groves will not be happy.....

And apparently they had more fans than us at the game last week :lol: :lol: Idiots. Where’ve they all gone?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 pm 

AndyPark wrote:
jjljks wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Noticed their attendance was 1100 down for Altrincham, so Groves will not be happy.....

And apparently they had more fans than us at the game last week [emoji38] [emoji38] Idiots. Where’ve they all gone?
To be fair, it was their cup final so no surprise if they attracted some floating fans.

Quakerz - if you actually attended games and spoke to people you might actually find our facts, rather than spreading s*** on this board.

DC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:18 pm 

Quakers83 wrote:
I thought it came from the magical money tree and the ground fairies?

I think it's the "ground improvement fairies" - "ground fairies' are a completely different thing.

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

Tamworth matchday programme 26 Nov 2011

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 pm 

spen666 wrote:
Spyman wrote:
spen666 wrote:
QUAKERMAN2 wrote:
LoidLucan wrote:

Clearly Spennymoor are doing something the businesses like as they are involved and provide significant sponsorship.

You can get jealous, make snide comments or you can perhaps look at what is happening and see how it can be used to help your club.

Every club can learn from other clubs.

Spen, you have the art of making snide comments down to a tee on Facebook and Twitter you hypocritical knob jockey. You can pretend to be all nicey nicey on here but you fool no one.
Still denying Groves has put a seven figure sum into Spennymoor are you?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:12 pm 

Quakers83 wrote:
With the greatest respect Spen, mentioning ‘snide comments’ when you speculated financial disarray not so long ago on social-media when we announced some form of reduced deal (season tickets?) really is ironic.

Warm no, I asked a question given the early bird season tickets were offered so early. IE many weeks before end of previous season.

I would say the same about any club doing it.

Trying to get money for future seasons is never a good sign and indeed it is part of why Leeds amongst other clubs ended up in financial trouble.

But carry on, I merely answered the questions about where money came from. If you want to bury your head in the sand and rely on annual begging bowl whip rounds amongst the fans, then so be it.

Sensible people look at what other businesses are doing and copy the good ideas and learn from others mistakes

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:24 pm 

Absolutely deluded Spen. Tell me what the difference is between supporters chipping in extra funds and relying on sponsors and a rich backer to do the same? How long before the sponsors decide they aren’t getting value for money or decide they would get better exposure elsewhere? At least the fans are a constant and don’t turn their backs on the club like benefactors and sponsors do.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 pm 

spen666 wrote:

I do love it when Spen gets all defensive after being called out. How many times has he said "I merely asked....", when in fact the question is loaded with heavy insinuations about Darlington's stability?

And no, you don't say the same about every other club. Everyone knows that. You don't stalk other clubs' messageboards like you do with us. Nor do you repeatedly comment about other clubs on social media like you do with us.

You, like most Spenny fans, have got an unhealthy inferiority complex about Spennymoor and Darlington. Despite Uncle Brad's millions, you've never got that win over us. Northern League, play-off semi-final, even us torpedoing your play-off hopes last season.

I don't wish financial trouble on any club. But with Spennymoor, I would gleefully take great satisfaction in saying "I told you so" if Uncle Brad's millions ever dried up. The level of self-delusion and paranoia among Spenny fans is quite breathtaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlZohZoadGY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:16 am 

spen666 wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:

Warm no, I asked a question given the early bird season tickets were offered so early. IE many weeks before end of previous season.

Trying to get money for future seasons is never a good sign and indeed it is part of why Leeds amongst other clubs ended up in financial trouble.

But carry on, I merely answered the questions about where money came from. If you want to bury your head in the sand and rely on annual begging bowl whip rounds amongst the fans, then so be it.

Sensible people look at what other businesses are doing and copy the good ideas and learn from others mistakes

What begging bowl is that ?
The clubs owners i.e 'us' are able to contribute towards initiatives for infastructure improvements or the playing budget.
Last time it was the playing budget, and over 400 people contributed.
If one of our owners decided he had had enough then we would still be financial stable, if one of Spennymoor's owners has had enough, you are fucked.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 am 

Ainsley should think himself lucky he hasn't got Raj Singh setting his 4000 attendance as a target!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:01 am 

Who says that Uncle Brad has stopped funding Spenny like? I'm sure that if he had done, then it would have been reported on. He made a statement claiming that he had put a 7 figure sum into the club, and that he was looking for investors so there would be less reliance on him in the future but did anyone come forward? Regarding sponsorship, how many extra sponsors have they gained since that statement, which would have relieved some of the burden on Brad? And I've asked this before but how many current sponsors are Brad's companies?

“Everybody knows where that club is going now, so I’m out of the way. They can carry on, it’s their club, they can keep it." - Raj Singh, 2017

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 am 

One of their main sponsors is the Great Annual Savings Group.... no prizes for guessing who the CEO and chairman is. Another of the main sponsors is LLR Management and you'll never guess who the MD is. Perhaps the meat draw at the Moors Tavern paid for the hundreds of extra seats installed at short notice at the end of last season? Why is it that they won't accept that they are where they are because Brad has ploughed loads of dosh in? It's just a fact and one that even Brad seems to have admitted. Get over it and just hope that his interest remains steadfast.

Last edited by LoidLucan on Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:34 am 

spen666 wrote:
Quakers83 wrote:

All clubs offer early bird season tickets. Christ Middlesbrough had theirs out before we did.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am 

It’s documented that Brad is funding Spennymoor. Spen either knows it and is here to wind up (and keeps getting bites) or he has failed to read the documented evidence he has been pointed towards numerous times, which leads me back to point 1.

We’ve already established that Spen is pretty challenged when it comes to capacity to challenge an opinion so it’s hardly like it’s an achievement to ‘prove him wrong’. I am leaning towards gramps point of view - less obvious wind up merchants have been banned in the past - he’s a border line spammer at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:07 am 

The more I read Spen's inane ramblings the more I realise just how good our club set up is, and in turn just how dense Spen is!

We own our club, we have say in the way that it progresses, and because of this we are happy to put in our money - yet Spen calls this a "begging bowl".

Mr Singh said this " I'm not expecting to get back any of the money I've already put in, I'm prepared to write it off for the future of the club. I'm not hanging in to make any kind of financial gain in the short or long term - if someone was prepared to come in and take the club off my hands, I'd be more than willing to discuss it"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:09 am 

LoidLucan wrote:
One of their main sponsors is the Great Annual Savings Group.... no prizes for guessing who the CEO and chairman is. Another of the main sponsors is LLR Management and you'll never guess who the MD is. Perhaps the meat draw at the Moors Tavern paid for the hundreds of extra seats installed at short notice at the end of last season? Why is it that they won't accept that they are where they are because Brad has ploughed loads of dosh in? It's just a fact and one that even Brad seems to have admitted. Get over it and just hope that his interest remains steadfast.

Weird isn't it - it's like they are ashamed of the fact that Groves is funding them through the divisions. It's not as if they are the only club achieving success in this way, it's a widely accepted model of club ownership.

Groves doesn't seem ashamed, Ainsley doesn't seem ashamed, but the fans do for some reason and keep denying it's the case.

DC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:04 am 

Of course they're funded completely by Groves. It's not a problem, as long as he remains interested.

I'd assume he is either a fan himself, or it's a bit of a pet project. Either way, if he begins to lose more and more money, it might reach a breaking point. Or it might not.

Not all benefactors are evil chunts wanting to asset strip the club. Just the ones we seem to have landed over the years. Thankfully, in our current form, we're not really attractive to such people. Neither are Spennymoor, they're just lucky to have who they have. I don't begrudge them it, it's nice for the regions other sides to do well when we're not playing them (in my opinion). Apart from Pools. They can fk off.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:10 pm 

loan_star wrote:
Absolutely deluded Spen. Tell me what the difference is between supporters chipping in extra funds and relying on sponsors and a rich backer to do the same? How long before the sponsors decide they aren’t getting value for money or decide they would get better exposure elsewhere? At least the fans are a constant and don’t turn their backs on the club like benefactors and sponsors do.

Deluded?

Someone asked whaere the money at spennymoor was coming from.

Clearly a town 1/5 the size of Darlington's population is not going to raise enough money to compete with Darlington's budget through the gates or via whip rounds amongst the fans.

Spennymoor raise their income in a large part via commercial sponsorship.

Like it or not, that is the truth.

You are happy with the funding arrangements for Darlington, similarily Spennymoor seem to be happy with their funding arrangments.

Neither way is right or wrong.

If Darlington wish to rely less on whip rounds amongst fans to top up their budget then they need to increase their commercial sponsorship

Similarily if Spennymoor wish to reduce reliance on commercial sponsorship, then they are going to need more income from the fans.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:14 pm 

theoriginalfatcat wrote:
The more I read Spen's inane ramblings the more I realise just how good our club set up is, and in turn just how dense Spen is!

We own our club, we have say in the way that it progresses, and because of this we are happy to put in our money - yet Spen calls this a "begging bowl".

Dense?

You know so little about me its untrue

There is no issue as far as I am concerned about how you fund your club. The gate money is not sufficient to fully fund the club ( or realistically any club at this level). The club therefore have appeals regularly for fans to fund the gap between the gate income and the desired income. To describe it as passing round the begging bowl is neither inaccurate not untrue.

Its a funding model that is currently working for your club. No one is criticising it. Its your club, you fund it how you wish. no one is criticising the way you raise funds

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:18 pm 

https://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/spennymoor-town-put-seven-days-15032553

Spen hasn't got a clue about what goes on at Spendymore. That much is obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm 

spen666 wrote:
To describe it as passing round the begging bowl is neither inaccurate not untrue.

"begging' is not the appropriate word to describe how the board of DFC raise a proportion of their/our income. The board of DFC are not "beggars" - look the word up in a dictionary if you don't know the meaning of it.

Raising funds in this way should be commended, yet you choose to make snide insults - that's how I've taken it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm 

Calling it commercial income is really stretching it. It's all Brads money.

There's not necessarily anything wrong with it. Boro have done very well out of their chairmen over the years, and good for them for it, but their fans at least admit that's where the money has come from a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:58 pm 

Tuton's £800 a week is defo from the meat draw :D .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:38 pm 

spen666 wrote:
theoriginalfatcat wrote:

Dense?

You know so little about me its untrue

There is no issue as far as I am concerned about how you fund your club. The gate money is not sufficient to fully fund the club ( or realistically any club at this level). The club therefore have appeals regularly for fans to fund the gap between the gate income and the desired income. To describe it as passing round the begging bowl is neither inaccurate not untrue.

Its a funding model that is currently working for your club. No one is criticising it. Its your club, you fund it how you wish. no one is criticising the way you raise funds

You are either trying to argue what you can’t comprehend or you simply can’t face the truth of what you can. Either way it’s bizarre.

Man City passed FFP due to their commercial sponsorship as well wouldn’t you know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:44 pm 

Tuton bins off chester and signs for spendy... he says its all about their style of play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:19 pm 

All about those vibes.

Not about Brad’s spending money.