Highlights

Open now for discussion of all things Darlo!

Moderators: mikkyx, uncovered

swadquaker
Team Supported: Darlington

Highlights

Post by swadquaker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:29 pm

A while ago when the highlights were available the cameraman would post and let us know with a link sometimes not long after the game. From reading posts I know the highlights are still being posted but where and when can I find them?

HarrytheQuaker

Re: Highlights

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Not allowed till after 12am Sunday night now.. Lucky I'm on neets so will watch at 12.01am

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Vodka_Vic

Post by Vodka_Vic » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Divas has posted he's watched some highlights and some are on the NL website

lo36789

Post by lo36789 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:48 pm

They get posted on NL website as and when they become available - I was under the impression if I accessed via Darlington website then club benefits from it financially?

Darlopartisan

Post by Darlopartisan » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:49 pm

Vodka_Vic wrote:Divas has posted he's watched some highlights and some are on the NL website
Yea they have about 3 minuets of highlights just the goals really and the sending off

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:21 pm

swadquaker wrote:A while ago when the highlights were available the cameraman would post and let us know with a link sometimes not long after the game. From reading posts I know the highlights are still being posted but where and when can I find them?
Full highlights are usually available at https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialDa ... C/featured at 00:01 on the Monday after a Saturday game.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 pm

lo36789 wrote:They get posted on NL website as and when they become available - I was under the impression if I accessed via Darlington website then club benefits from it financially?
I asked about this when the NL brought in the rule about highlights being posted on their site first and embargoed on club sites until 00:01 on the Monday after a Sat game. The gist of TFDM's reply was that whilst actual cash revenue from clicks is minimal, more clicks can help make the club a more attractive prospect for advertisers so in a roundabout way clicks can lead to increased revenue for the club.

And for the full reply, see below.
TFDM wrote:We get some youtube revenue for videos which get adverts put on them by google. However its not a massive amount. I think last season we cleared about £200 in ad revenue from google - I'd need to check the total from my stats.

Its chicken feed really and ultimately ends up going back into the channel on things like a new camera batteries and an external hard drives for storing our footage. The kind of boring stuff which you need to keep a channel ticking over. However its worth doing as you never know when a video might go viral and create a ton of ad revenue.

While the youtube revenue is peanuts the hits and views are quite important for us. The last few seasons we've had the videos sponsored. While I'm not party to the total cost that has been charged for this the views and hits are obviously a major selling point for us attracting a sponsor in the first place. A loss of hits means its harder for us to sell a sponsorship package for our videos. Also I would hope views on our videos might also make a difference for someone buying a board at Blackwell Meadows.

Last season we got just over 500,000 views for all the stuff we put out. That's a big selling point in my opinion.

I've never been too bothered about direct revenue from videos. The reality is its a very difficult area to crack - indeed there is something of a crisis at the moment surround adverts on YouTube as a lot of advertisers are pulling out due to various things (mainly around dodgy content they don't want their brands to be attached to) but in the wider picture views etc do make a difference to the exposure of the club and our ability to sell various packages.

Its something the league hasn't adequately been able to clarify. They've spoken about 'trickle down' revenue from the new way of doing things but no one has been told us of a figure. That's unacceptable in my opinion, particularly when we are half way through an agreement with Feethams for their logo before our videos. If clubs were getting a sizable return for their efforts then I would happily make my peace with it. However I don't believe they will.

I honestly believe the league has signed up a very poor deal which will benefit Pitchero, Scout7 and the league. I believe clubs will benefit last and any income it gets will be minimal. I'd love to be proved wrong but I can't see it.

I would encourage everyone if they can to wait for our stuff (its better quality for a start) and directly benefits the club - either in the shape of a little ad revenue or views which help sell other things :)

TFDM

Post by TFDM » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:58 pm

As biccynana has said I can't post anything until 00:01 on Monday morning. The league want to get all the views.

Personally I think we do a better job on our channel than the league do in terms of editing etc. We've got more footage at home games with the goal cams and our second camera.

Also the quality will always be better on ours. Thats because we have to send the whole 90 minutes through and in order to get it to a manageable size for transfer it has to be reduced to about 480p resolution. Our stuff on YouTube is 1080p.

Obviously up to you guys where you watch it but I would encourage you to stick with the club's offerings. We do a better job and ultimately it help the club either via ad revenue or leading to sponsorship opportunities.

biccynana

Post by biccynana » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:02 pm

TFDM wrote:As biccynana has said I can't post anything until 00:01 on Monday morning. The league want to get all the views.

Personally I think we do a better job on our channel than the league do in terms of editing etc. We've got more footage at home games with the goal cams and our second camera.

Also the quality will always be better on ours. Thats because we have to send the whole 90 minutes through and in order to get it to a manageable size for transfer it has to be reduced to about 480p resolution. Our stuff on YouTube is 1080p.

Obviously up to you guys where you watch it but I would encourage you to stick with the club's offerings. We do a better job and ultimately it help the club either via ad revenue or leading to sponsorship opportunities.
I always wait and watch the highlights on YT for those very reasons :angel:

HarrytheQuaker

Post by HarrytheQuaker » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:04 pm

TFDM wrote:As biccynana has said I can't post anything until 00:01 on Monday morning. The league want to get all the views.

never watch anything else but your great coverage cheers Kev

D_F_C

Post by D_F_C » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:36 pm

I only watch Kev’s highlights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjljks

Post by jjljks » Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:13 am

Think the squad need to be forced to watch the Kidderminster highlights before every match as some sort of therapy. Great goal & skills from Nicholson but so many unforced errors that could be easily cut out. Also our few dead ball opportunities were wasted and lacked any creativity. Sad display for those fans who made the long trip, almost worthy of the club giving them their entrance fee back. Let's learn from the mistakes made and get back to winning ways a.s.a.p to keep in touch with play-off places.